What is a Food your afraid of??

Options

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Stone fruits mostly, since they land me in hospital.
  • mstoya7
    mstoya7 Posts: 11
    Options
    French fries!! They are so delicious but go straight to my hips..lol
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OLIVES!!! Especially the green ones, but I hate 'em all!!! Just nasty! The smell alone makes me lose my appetite!!! :sick:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??

drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt. bake at 400 for 10 minutes. makes 'em like a french fry! very yummy!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    dark meat chicken.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know it's a drink not a food, but orange juice with bits in. It is disgusting, I only like smooth. The thought of it makes me gag!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??

Try asparagus! It's SO YUMMY. It's kind of sweet.

I used to steam it (wait until the water's at a rolling boil, add the asparagus to the steemer, cover and let sit for 7 minites exactly) and eat it with hollandaise sauce. Now I roast it: Toss with 2 tsp olive oil, lay flat on cooking sheet and sprinkle salt and pepper, then bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

SO YUMMY.

Now you have no excuse. :-)

I was afraid of it, too. Then my best friend had it on the buffet at her wedding reception, so I decided to give it a try.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    OLIVES!!! Especially the green ones, but I hate 'em all!!! Just nasty! The smell alone makes me lose my appetite!!! :sick:

I used to feel like that about olives, but I've made myself like them, just the black ones, because everyone in my family loves them.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    mushrooms gross me out to the max.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Eggs.

The fact that unfertilized reproductive material is pushed out of a chicken's body with a hard, (usually) white, orb-shaped shell is downright creepy. The fact that we eat this byproduct of chicken biology is kind of unsettling, too. And the way eggs go from liquid to congealed/solid when heated - that's kind of odd too. Well, to me at least. Everyone else seems to think eggs are normal and/or downright awesome. I'm weird - I know.

I've never been able to eat eggs in their native, unaltered state - they have to be mixed into something (like CAKE!), rendering them invisible for me to eat them.
  • rufflestx
    Options
    baklava
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I love asparagus! The best way I like it is to sauteed. You sautee olive oil and garlic ( diced) together until slight brown and then put the asparagus in there. They will turn a bright green and sautee them until your liking. Some folks like it crunchy in the middle and some like it fully soft.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Milk. It absolutely grosses me out. The way it leaves a film on glass and how it's so thick, ugh. Ew, thinking about it right now is making me gag.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The food I'm afraid to have around me is pizza. I dont have the control to stop with one piece when there are 7 other pieces just laying there.

The new foods I've tried that I hated were instant oatmeal and marinated tilapia. I'ved tried oatmeal in the past but decided to give it one more go since it's suppose to be filling. I gagged that one bowl down and thought about what a waste of calories for that whole morning. Then on the fish, I love all seafood but not fish unless it is very thin filets deep fried. So I thought I would try baked fish and had heard tilapia. I just couldnt stomach it. The fishy smell killed me and I ate that one filet and gave up.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    too many to list, just about everything in the bakery side of the supermarket. The bread, cakes, cookies, pies k I'll stop now before I get in the car and go shopping
  • MrsNinaMartin
    Options
    Fried Foods I love Southern Comfort food, Especially fried chicken but it all goes to the hips and they are already wide enough so I avoid it, I cannot say the same for chocolate I'm an addict without a cure!
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Carbs, don't want to get kicked out of ketosis so im always paranoid and check food lables
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    tofu
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    Afraid to be around - Pizza!! Specifically Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust. I swear it's the devil himself!

Afraid to try/eat/be around -- brussel sprouts (eww!!), snails (gross slimey little buggers!), sushi (gross, slimey raw fish..yikes!), and my husband talks about smoked eel.. OMG! Not if my life depended on it!
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Rocky Mountain Oysters... never gonna go there.