What is a Food your afraid of??

Options

Replies

• almost350
    Options
    Fried Chicken- Cos it can never just be 1 Piece!!! So I avoid it altogether.....
  • alyssarun
    alyssarun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any kind of dessert or nuts, once I start I cannot stop. ):
  • mhcyr
    mhcyr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have bought spaghetti squash.......and it went bad. I don't know why but I just can't seem to try it! Another food is Avocados....I'm afraid to try them. My danger food however is cake, buttercream icing and dill pickle dip made by Philadelphia....yummy!!!!

Don't be afraid of Spaghetti squash! I made it the other day and it was PHENOMENAL. No joke.

Here's how you bake it:
    Wash and puncture all over and set in shallow baking pan. Bake it at 375 for 1 hour. Cut it open and remove the seeds. Start scraping up the insides to form spaghetti strands. Throw away (or maybe eat?) the skins. I served mine with pesto and chicken.

Sauce:
    3/4 C. Pesto
    4 oz. Mozzarella
    1/4 C. Parmesan
    Chicken strips

YUMMYY!!! Try it!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hummus and split pea soup - afraid for the grossness factor.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not many foods I'm afraid of. This is one.

balut.jpg

ETA: no means disrespecting those who eat and enjoy this. It just isn't something I can imagine myself consuming.
    do people really eat it...so gross Im afraid too!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. Just can't bring myself to try them.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    me too!! If I eat one, I will eat 6!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of, but about 5 years ago we went to a friend's house-warming in Bath. We thought it was no big deal but it was catered and waitresses and another margharita, madam and they had quail's eggs. Not pickled but freshly, I don't know, shucked? We dipped them in the proferred salt and they were delicious. Never had them since.

I live in Bath & we have Quails who lay eggs constantly, I've never tried one though. Apparently they're the same as chicken eggs just smaller.
    I was scared of eggs as a child, I didn't eat one until I was about 10 so trying a different kind of egg isn't going to happen anytime soon haha.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Afraid food: Breads - I love bread a lot but have actually cut waaaay down since living out on my own since it goes bad before I can finish it. Also: sweets (butterfingers, fast breaks, candy hearts)

freeze the bread and then when you need some just thaw it...thats what I do and it works fine
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sushi. Yuck. 'nuff said.:sick:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I never liked asparagus until I roasted it with olive oil, salt and pepper and then sprinkled freshly grated parmesan cheese on it. Sooooo good!
  • gypsyqwn
    Options
    6 Layer double fudge cake!!! It calls me by name........I won't get anywhere near it now.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Sushi. I actually wanted to try it.... but then I saw a show called 'Monsters Inside Me' about someone who nearly died because of some parasitic worm she got from eating it.

Yep! Me too! Then I saw the same programme!

Oh my god :| I am never eating sushi again!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions on how to cook the nasty asparagus guys...lol...Maybe tonight I will use one of them... :0 imma scared already!!! lmao But I will...I will eat it!!!!
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Not many foods I'm afraid of. This is one.

balut.jpg

ETA: no means disrespecting those who eat and enjoy this. It just isn't something I can imagine myself consuming.
    do people really eat it...so gross Im afraid too!!

WTF IS THAT!? 0_0
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anything cheesy with bacon! I love greasy cheesy bacon goodness!!! awwwwwww crispy lil burnt cheese with bacon.....someone talk me down!!!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS THAT PICTURE???????????????????????????? SUSHI
  • mochamofitandhealthy
    Options
    Starchy foods (i.e., potatoes). I love potatoes (any kind, prepared any way). Although, I have not eliminated carbs from my diet, I have not had a potato in about a month and a half. I believe cutting them out of my diet has been instrumental in my recent weight loss (along with working out, etc). I will eventually add them back into my diet in moderation. But right now I'm afraid to.
  • livingonpurpose77
    livingonpurpose77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a butternut squash in my fridge right now I'm afraid to make.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Fear food!?!? HA! Food fears me.