HCG diet, anyone?

Options
1235»

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What is this 5th grade? Geez

After a miserable 30lb regain over the course of 2years I decided to give it a try.

I'm 45lbs down from last february and one of the best decisions I made. I saw no one coming to my door to help me. No offering to help me mentally and physically so I did what was best for me and it is sustainable as long as you change your diet and lifestyle. I was previously pretty healthy but travelling and living on the road took the best of me. I'm feeling great, training for my next half and working at losing the last 30lbs.

Research and don't include other's ignorant opinions as research.

No one came to your door to help you? Really? Nobody came to my door to help me either. You have to want it for yourself. YOU have to take the initiative and tell people you need help. Doctors, nutritionists and fitness experts don't just wander the country going door to door to see if people need help. That comment does not seem like a valid reason to try such a drastic measure such as this.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I love the people who assume that there is no work involved while taking HCG. I started the stuff on Tuesday and have been to hell and back on a damn emotional roller coaster because I am a compulsive eater. I see food I want it...I didnt eat ANYTHING at my husbands birthday party, the day after I got off my binging days. So to all of you who say "it's for lazy people" miff off ok? Yeah, it's a diet assistant...just like Hydroxicut, or Alli, or any of the other diet pills THAT HAVE WORKED FOR OTHER PEOPLE. Just because they didnt work for YOU or through scientific tests and studies does not mean they do not work. Anorexia and Bulimia WORK, why? Because I was bulimic, no it's not healthy...by no means am I condoning my teenage actions, but for crying out...

Just because science says something does that make it completely correct? How much stuff have they gone back and retested only to find that their 'inadequate tests' were done all wrong and that the stuff either existed or actually worked? So seriously...Ive seen this diet work for many people, some people NEED instant gratification with weight loss or the vicious cycle of depression and destruction continues. I am one of those people, I have tried eating right, and exercising...I would spend 2-3 hours in a gym and eat 1000 calories and lose nothing! And if I say something to anyone they automatically become self righteous and say I'm doing something wrong. Oh I'm sorry...let me bow down to your awesome knowledge!

I'm sorry...but after being a part of the Ana/Mia community...a lot of people here are not very accepting of someone else's choices. Yes letting someone know of the potential dangers is great, thank you for your concerns! But telling someone that the choices they are making are plain out WRONG...well that makes you look like a jerk. My body is not your body...what works for you may not work for me and vice versa.

I am on HCG, and I made the conscious choice after months of researching it and how it affected people. Got to watch the diet work for my aunt who lives right up the street from me and 3 friends who I see on a weekly basis. 500 Calories diets are dangerous because they destroy lean muscle mass....HCG is produced by pregnant women to protect the unborn fetus...if the mother goes into starvation the fat cells are broken down to protect the fetus and the mother. It is a naturally produced hormone from the human body...and it's not like you take the thing by the gallon, no...50ml per day in the drops, which I believe are diluted slightly. So to the OP and anyone else on HCG, add me, we can support each other since not many other people want to accept the fact that there are different ways of doing things, and just because they dont agree it must be wrong...because science/goverment/whoever says so.

Too funny.....
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Just because science says something does that make it completely correct?

Ummm...yes, pretty much. And please don't bring up that tired "scientists used to say the earth was flat" argument. There's a major difference between medieval suppositions and modern research.

I'm a scientist and just last week we starting writing up a paper to "disprove" something that was just "proved" last summer, so while yes there is a difference between current times and not, science is constantly changing , which is the whole point.... just to stir the pot a little more - and i'm obviously not for HCG diets and think its a terrible idea

** i use prove and disprove in quotes here because everyone should know that you never "prove" anything in science, you only fail to reject the null hypothesis
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What is this 5th grade? Geez

After a miserable 30lb regain over the course of 2years I decided to give it a try.

I'm 45lbs down from last february and one of the best decisions I made. I saw no one coming to my door to help me. No offering to help me mentally and physically so I did what was best for me and it is sustainable as long as you change your diet and lifestyle. I was previously pretty healthy but travelling and living on the road took the best of me. I'm feeling great, training for my next half and working at losing the last 30lbs.

Research and don't include other's ignorant opinions as research.

I hope you encourage her to research doctors and nutritionists research as well... Not just what HGC says.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Since when did eating 500 calories a day and taking hormone medicine to lose weight sound like a good idea? I suggest you eat your recommended calories, exercise when you can and lose weight the way it was intended. People here have lost over 100+ pounds doing it, so can you! :)
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.