Options

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    On oatcakes, or in lasagne in place of the cheese sauce. :smile:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat it as a topping on a baked potato with some salsa. But if you can't stand it, don't force yourself to eat it. There is plenty of food out there that is just as good for you, or better.

I second this one!
  • bandit18
    Options
    I like that idea.:smile:
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    with a spoon
  • rhoffma
    rhoffma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I warm up black beans and put them on the cottage chz with fresh salsa. It sounds weird but it's very delicious!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat it if you don't like it!

This! Life is too short to eat or do something you don't enjoy!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    mixed with tuna!
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    w/ fresh baby spinach
  • bandit18
    Options
    I really like these ideas from another member:

Cottage cheese...let me count the ways.
    1 Eat it with any fruit.
    2Blend it in a blender with vanilla & a little honey for "cheesecake filling".
    3Put it in Lasagna instead of of ricotta.
    4 dollop it on a taco or taco salad (instead of sour cream).
    5. put in your favorite veggie omlette to cream it up.
    6. cook an apple and scoop it on while the apple is warm, sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    wow...alot of great ideas here. I usually have it with fruit, mostly grapes and I do use it in lasagna.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    with my mouth.. how else would I eat it???

In all honesty if you don't like it.... don't eat it.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    First of all I agree don't eat it if you don't like it but since you ask... all the suggestions are yummy ways to eat it. Another suggestion is don't even try the fat free version since you already don't care for it. The 2% is actually creamy and delicious and may be a better way to try it.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just had it for the first time last night (I got the Friendship no-added-sodium variety) and really liked it with Trader Joe's low sugar blueberry preserves, ground flax seed, and blueberries mixed in.
  • sectornine
    sectornine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Put a little bit of homemade salsa on it.
  • CKova
    CKova Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it plain (with some Lawry's salt on it).

But I also like it with fruit (something I'm not eating right now).

It is GREAT on a baked potato with Lawry's salt or even lemon pepper. I'm not eating potatoes right now, either.

I love it on rice cakes (not eating them now either) with lemon pepper.

YUM! I had forgotten about the foods I have temporarily cut out! Oh they sound good, but I will go have some plain cottage cheese. :-)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    with lots of black pepper and a few dashes of Tabasco.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    I always eat it with apple slices or cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, etc. The tomatoes & pepper sounds delicious!! I'll have to try that...

I also put it in scrambled eggs or omelettes! It masks the taste a little bit but still adds cheese to the eggs! It's really yummy :)
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love it plain, but love the idea of putting it in salads (especially since I can't eat a salad without ranch, so this might be a good alternative). I also love it with pineapple (thanks Steak 'n Shake!).

My hubby always hated cottage cheese until he tried it on pizza in college, lol! But I guess that's not really healthy. :grumble:

But maybe you could make some whole wheat lasagna and use cottage cheese instead of ricotta.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You name it and I will combine it with cottage cheese. Cottage cheese has been my diet secret. Lots of pepper! Tomato is good. Fresh pears sliced really thin. Absolutely love cottage cheese.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    with fresh sliced tomatoes cover with cottage cheese a sprinkle of salt and pepper, WONDERFUL
    mix with canned fruits peaches or pinapple are favorites but great with pears too.
    cooking replace fatter cheeses like ricotti in italian recipes blend in blender a bit to smooth out the texture if that is what bothers you. I have heard you can smooth it like this and replace cream cheese for cheesecakes but have never tried it. I use neufenchel instead of full fat cream cheese for my recipes.