MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• monettejb
    monettejb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I say a) HE DOESNT NEED PERMISSION, but he should at least called you and said "DUDE!!!, your remember Sally from high school!! Yeah im banging the stuffin out of her! But seriously he should have at least told ya.

B) your wife needs to grow up. at least you had the decency to talk to her about it. Its not like you said Hey my ex got a divorce so I'm leaving. She needs to understand YALL ARE MARRIED and simply you raising a question about your friends honesty shouldn't influence your relationship.
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    wow- I knew we ladies werent the only crazy ones...

ahem..

Hell no your friend does NOT need to call you and ask for permission. Seriously- and I'm not trying to be mean here- but if you were still in hs and had JUST broken up, maybe. But you;re well beyond that in years and maturity- I dont think its necessary.

Is your wife upset bc your friend is dating your ex or because its bothering you that he is?

I can understand if your wife is bothered by you being upset- as it may indicate you still have feelings for this old flame. If she is upset bc your friend is dating the ex flame- I dont really understand.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    ummmmmm hell-to-the-no

that was 17 yrs ago
  • monettejb
    monettejb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters. Maybe if it was within a couple years after you dated her - but it was years ago, you've moved on and are married. No need for your friend to ask. And as a woman, I would be upset too if my fiance wanted asked "permission" for people to date his old exes. That shows he's not really over them, so I understand where your wife is coming from if she's upset.

this is how women think. not men. thats why they naturally argue so much. I look at it as, the friend should have at least told him, he doesnt have to ask premission so to speak, but he at least needs to say "hey man, you remember so and so, well i thought i should let you know we're talking. I mean you gotta think in his shoes. It's his best friend, im sure they hang out a lot, so imagine HIm, his wife, your best friend, and your ex at dinner together? How would that be...there are a lot of question in his mind as to how it will work. Regardless of whether he is over her or not, even if he was the wife would prolly not want anything to do with the best friend and his new fling/husband's ex, in a group sense. That is all.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Tremendous! "game recognize game" is what made it art.

I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.
    [/quote]

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

If you're serious, then here's my opinion:

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

And you would be all like "aight coo".

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Your wife might donkey punch you in your sleep.

Good luck.
    [/quote]
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Good luck.

This response WINS! I :heart: reading Sidesteal advice. lol
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This question is DUMB, I can't beleive it has 6 pages of thread comments. :noway: almost 2 decades....get over it
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Tremendous! "game recognize game" is what made it art.

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Good luck.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

LMFAO---this was hillarious!
  • sherman76
    sherman76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nope! we're talking 17-18yrs. Lifetime ago. Your wife will be upset.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Good luck.

rofl.gif
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Unless your wife was hittin it on the side with a strap-on, I don't think she has a leg to stand on. But if she was and your buddy was watchin whilst snuffin the rooster ... you may have some issues there..
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Ancient history. Get over it.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

lol wut? Grow up, brah.
  • doctor_mike
    Options
    High school? 17 years ago? Um, no....he didn't owe you a call.

As far you your wife being upset....she may be after she reads your post :)
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ask your "buddy" to send you some updated photos of her. Maybe the two of you could compare notes?
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

as a woman i agree :-)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    First question about him calling...no

Second question about wife...the issue alone,no...you feeling that you may have been owed a call,yes.

Sorry,being honest.

^^^^This^^^^
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    Did someone say something about women not listening? I can't remember, I wasn't listening.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Your wife would only be upset if she's been seeing your friend behind your back. So, is she upset?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Seeing as she was married, I'd say no.

And seeing as it was so long ago, I'd say no also.

How often do you see your friend? If you hang out weekly..then ya, he shoulda mentioned it.

If you only see him monthly, then no.

Also, depending on when she got divorced, maybe they hooked up longer then a month ago, hence keeping it a secret?

Why would your wife be upset?