Paula Deen represents everything that is wrong with America

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Turn on the Cooking Channel right now. It's Bobby remaking his mom's dishes. Just love this show!
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    After seeing her recipe for Fried Butter Balls and all the other crazy mess she cooks up, I can't help but understand why so many folks are raggin' Paula Deen so hard. Why would ANYbody ever want to eat balls of butter? And fried at that! Why???? *smh*

I watched her interview on Good Morning American with Al Roker and it sounds to me like girlfriend is in DENIAL!!! Or perhaps she's just trying to protect the "heart-attack-on-a-plate" cooking empire she's built from serving up those ridiculously UNHEALTHY dishes she prepares. Taste isn't always everything, but there are soooo many healthy ways to impart awesome flavor to food without using such fat-, sodium- and sugar-laden, health-ruining ingredients.

In the interview she admitted to intentionally keeping her diabetes secret and Al had to nearly force her to admit that her recipes could contribute to developing diabetes. Her claim that she tells people to eat in moderation does not fly when it come to diabetes. Even small portions of many of the dishes that she prepares can be seriously dangerous for many diabetics, as most diabetics are warned to avoid high sugar, high fat, high sodium foods.

And now that she knows that she, too, a is diabetic, but still refuses to change the way she cooks just baffles my mind. I watched her on The Chew yesterday and The Queen of Green was cooking up a healthy dish for Paula and giving her some healthy eating tips. I was glad to see that. It appeared obvious that Paula really needs to be educated on what it means to truly eat well. Perhaps she'll change the way she cooks in the near future.

I'm just sayin'.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    "Paula Deen represents everything that is wrong with America"

I always thought that was the Kardashians ;)
    But they are all related since it's clear all they all live with the montra, "if you pay me, I'll do it".

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Not just because we are friends on here, because it is true! LOL

here, here! there was an article a while back stating that kids in america aspire most to be celebrities when they grow up, whereas kids in developing countries aspire to be doctors and lawyers so that they can help others. now THAT is what is wrong with america! (and other celebrity/fame obsessed cultures..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many diabetic MFP members would say no if they were offered a buttload of cash to do a commercial for a diabetes drug company.
    I would *kitten* myself out to anybody stupid enough to pay me.
    In fact, I do already...lol

But does that make it right?
    Should everybody cheat on their taxes, drive drunk or bribe public officials just because I do?

get over yourself......now
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    On the contrary, Paula Deen represents everything that is RIGHT with America. Here's a biography on her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1508590/bio

America is full of choices and opportunity. The choices that are made are the individual's responsibility. America is AWESOME!
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    (This is aside from my currently trying to lose weight and probably goes a long way toward explaining why I need to .)

Given a choice between a free meal cooked by Paula Dean and one cooked by anybody that starts with sprouts, turkey disguised as something tasty , or tofu and I chose Paula 3 times a day ! Is it healthy ? NO ! Do I know it isn't healthy ? YES !

Reminds me of a joke :
    If a fat guy (I am one so I can say ) and a thin guy are standing side by side and you are going to ask one where a good restaurant is , which do you ask ? ......

Paula Dean is successful , not because she is hiding the fact that her food is unhealthy , but because it tastes good ! No one can ever listen to her recipes and not know how bad they are , but taste .... ah there is something else . Too bad there are so many "start with two stick of butter " addicts out there...... Crack for the fat man's addiction .
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ive always thought she was disgusting and her food disgusting and cant believe people actually cook her recipes and eat them.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    I love Paula Deen, I use a lot of her receipes on holidays and special occasions, but I must admit I wouldn't cook a lot of her stuff on a day to day basis.

However, she is trying to change the way she eats and get healthier. She waited awhile before coming out to the public that she had this diesease until she had enough information and new receipes to go along with it.

I just find her warm and family oriented, and she makes me smile.
This discussion has been closed.