ladies, how much did you weight at...

Options

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I was 160 lbs and MAYBE a size 12.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and around 160, but I've been told that I carry my weight well. Its mostly in my hips, thighs n booty :blushing:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand your confusion. Sizes can vary all over the place! I am currently wearing a 12 at 181 lbs....and I just moved down into that size. I wore my 14s when I was between 195-185; I am 5' 9" :)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I was 160 and wore between a size 12 and a size 14.. depended on who made the clothes.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Moms have selective memories.

^love this!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Everybodys body is different. at 160-170 I wore a size 13.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im 153 and 5'2 and wearing 8s and a few 10s. But the 10s are baggy. I want in a size 6 :)
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 178 and I'm just now to where I can get in a 12. So I would say 183-200 lbs is when I wore a 14.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Currently a size 14 - Weigh 175ish and I'm 5'2. I think it depends a lot on our composition. BOOOO!
  • EJCURRY
    EJCURRY Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body type. I've never worn a size 14, but I am 5'6" and I weighed 160 after having my baby, and I was wearing a size 8 or 10. I wore a size 0 or size 2 at 125. I currently weigh around 150, but I'm still in a size 8. I can zip up a size 6, but I don't feel comfortable in it. I've always had narrow hips (so narrow I had to have a c-section) and not much of a butt though. The good news is people usually can't tell I weigh as much as I do. The bad news is, no one notices when I lose weight either.
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Are we talking 14 Women's or 14 Misses? I wear a 14 Misses and am 5'4 and 165 pounds.

I wore a 14W at about 180 pounds.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and wore a size 14 when I was around 175 lbs.
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'4 and right now at 190. I have a pair of 14's that I fit nicely into.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It can be really really different depending on your height, body shape (pear/apple/etc), muscle mass, and bodyfat.

I'm 5'4", I started out here on MFP at 165 lbs just barely squeezing into a size 17. I didn't shop for awhile so not sure exactly when I downgraded to a size 13, somewhere between 145-155, really not sure. Now at 131 I'm about an 8/10 depending on the style. But someone else my same height and weight might wear even smaller sizes if they have more muscle and less bodyfat. Or bigger sizes if they have less muscle and more bodyfat. Or just different sizes depending on their bodyshape and how their weight is distributed differently than mine. It's really individual to the person.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and when I wore a size 14 I was 210lbs, now I am 172 and wear a size 8.
    My frame size is very large (wrist is 7.5") and I life weights (BF% is 24).
    If you have more muscle you will weight more and than others the same size.
    1lb of fat takes up nearly 10 time the area 1lb of muscle does.

The upside to weighing more is you get to eat more too as muscle metabolises more at rest than fat does :drinker:
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", around 180, and I'm a size 8......haha! xD I wore bigger sizes when I weighed LESS! Proof that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    My friend is 5'10, 165lbs and wears both 12's and 14's (gets 14's when buying clothes she'll wear out dancing since there's nothing more embarrassing then having your trousers split) And I'm 5'1 and roughly 150lbs and a size 10. That statement alone doesn't make sense since surely since shes a lot taller and only slightly heavier she should wear smaller clothes then me, not true. She carries ALL her weight in her stomach and boobs, like she has stick legs, stick arms, tiny neck, no double chin, just a big gut (and boobs) and because of that a lot of size 12's are a bit tight around her gut so she'll get a 14. I, on the other hand, carry my weight pretty evenly, some on the legs, some on the arms, gut, butt you name it it's got more than an inch to pinch, but because of this I wear a smaller size since a) I'm small anyway, overweight but small in stature and frame, and b) I carry my weight evenly so everything is pretty much the same size, size 10 top, size 10 bottoms, compared to my friends size 16 top, size 12/14 bottoms. It's not all about height and weight, it's about body type and all that as well.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I wear a 14 now ... I weigh 200ish pounds
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" tall and I weigh 162 lbs right now I have in many stages of my life fit into a size 14

there use to be a time when a size 14-16 was average weight for a women. Now that isnt so much true, however I do find jeans, pants, dresses are all diffrent. My Jean/pant size ranges from a size 5-14 it just depends on the brand/style of the jean. Now mind you when I was back in high school I weighed 185 lbs and wore a size 11-14.

What it comes down to is the brand/style and how they are made don't panic and don't look at the size as a bad thing look at it as wow I went from this size to this size look how lose these fit I am losing the weight. If you can tell the diffrence and see it then I would say you are doing something right. Keep up the great work and just be proud one step at a time :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and was a size 14 at my heaviest, 187 lb. They were getting tight though and I had to get size 16 in some jeans. I carry all my extra weight in my hips and butt. Now I'm 157 lb and I'm comfortably wearing a size 12.