ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I once had someone tell me " You are pretty confident about your nose considering how big it is."
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My best friend always liked to remind me that I wasn't good looking when we were younger.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been called a dog on more than one occasion. Still hurts to think about. No wonder I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror! I use a little compact mirror to put on my makeup in the morning so I don't have to see my whole face at once. Oh, well can't change it so I'll deal I guess. My husband loves me and tells me how cute I am so that's something! :)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If I did, it went in one ear and out the other!!! :laugh:
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    People seem to put a lot of stock in what others think of them. They'll change their hair or their clothes or even the way they talk in order to be socially accepted. Even ones who claim to not care what others think want to be seen as good looking. Basic human instinct. People have said a lot if things about me but they all differ. Example, an ex thinks I'm ugly now because my fat butt has slimmed down. Another friend says I look great but my sister says I'm fat. We hear opinions and some listen more than others. I feel beautiful when I know I've worked hard so when people do make rude comments about how I look, I don't care that much. The best thing to do us note it. Maybe you can work it into your routine!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    a coworker actually said to me "you must look like your dad because your mom and sister are really hot"...um ok thanks jerk!

sista.jpg

This is me and my sister! Apparently I'm the ugly one!
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options

And I haven't seen one ugly person in this thread...

me either :)!!

Me neither!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Yes I was always told I wasn't good looking by the kids at school, especially primary. I've worn glasses since I was young and my family didn't have loads of money so they were health authority glasses which were big thick and crappy. I was gimpy looking. I grew into myself once I left school and funny thing is it was the boys that would tease me that wanted to date me then. They had short memories but I certainly didn't
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've often heard "you are a great guy but I'm not into big guys" which translates thusly into "fat men are not attractive" so... yes in a round about way I've heard this.

Does this suck? Yes. That's the basis of the rocketfuel I use to workout and diet and stay slimmer and in better shape, because I want to not hear that again.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    yep, a lot. And fat. and i have been barked at. it does bother me but what can you do! Anyone that is rude enough to say that has an ugly heart.:angry:
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I first started walking for exercise I got yelled at by a car of passing teenagers, they were yelling awful stuff. Then they turned around so they could drive back again and yell some more insults.

I got pissed. I kept going. I would NEVER do that to anyone.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Guild member upon seeing a picture of me: Jesus, no wonder you don't have any friends. You're ugly.

...never mentioned any difficulties with friends
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    People seem to put a lot of stock in what others think of them. They'll change their hair or their clothes or even the way they talk in order to be socially accepted. Even ones who claim to not care what others think want to be seen as good looking. Basic human instinct. People have said a lot if things about me but they all differ. Example, an ex thinks I'm ugly now because my fat butt has slimmed down. Another friend says I look great but my sister says I'm fat. We hear opinions and some listen more than others. I feel beautiful when I know I've worked hard so when people do make rude comments about how I look, I don't care that much. The best thing to do us note it. Maybe you can work it into your routine!

This is how most people are programmed. We are social creatures that want to feel like we belong and are desired.
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    have you ever been told you weren't good looking? if so, did it bother u? or did you think they were an idiot..
    a person who i used to hang out with just as friends - she told me that i wasnt even good looking.

it didnt really bother me, but i was shocked to hear her opinion so bluntly like that haha.
    the weird thing is, now she wont leave me alone! she is blowing up my phone with txt and "oh lets hang out this weekend!"
    she seems desperate now to "hang out" and i always tell her im busy - ill hang out with her as a group, but it would never be a date, i would NEVER date her because of her shallow personality and she kinda sluts it up....

its just amazing to me how much more attention i get from people these days as opposed to when i weighed 50lbs more than i do now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

anyone else have a story about how your fitness journey and weight loss have changed the way people treat you?

people that would have never given you the time or day to get to know them now want to get to know you, or maybe you've changed so much that girls or guys are intimidated to approach you or maybe you make them nervous because they like you lol.

im just curious to know your story!

Your friend (ex-friend?) is a dirty liar.

I agree. I snuck a peek at your picture. umm. I can se why she is blowing up your phone now. :blushing:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No, but when I was fat, my wife told me I was not attractive so blubbery.

That honesty was a serious wake up call.

As for your friend, sever that relationship.
    She's toxic!
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have not been exactly told I was not good looking, but just the same I have been told I have chicken legs, scrawny arms, bug eyes, and a neck like ET....and this was from family and friends. People can just be mean. While initially these comments bothered me, I got over it by taking a good look at the people the remarks were coming from.
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    :indifferent: oh yes definitely, been told i was too big of a girl for their taste, been snickered at by guys when i walked by like i was disgusting.....once met a guy for a date i met on the internet and you could tell right away he wasnt impressed, wouldnt even walk me to my car at the end of the "date" just walked over to his motorcyle and said, i can see you from here, you'll be alright, slapped on his helmit and drove out of the parking lot before i even started my car.
  • joshanti81
    joshanti81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been told before i lost weight i looked like road kill lol
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's sad how many responses.
    I agree not one ugly poster in the bunch
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not with words, people don't have to tell you. When you are a teenager at a dance and the girl runs away, you just know. But I'm married (and married way up in looks) and old now and so over that. Fat or thin, I'm beyond hope, I've accepted my genetic destiny. Just like I've accepted the fact I'm going bald and I'm not going to try to change it! F&*% pretty people! Ugly Rules!!!!