ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND!

There's no way you are the "ugly friend", you're beautiful.

Thanks, it takes a lot for me to look like I do in my photo lol. 3-4 days of sitting on my butt in front of my mother while she braids my hair (she's slow but it's free). Buying new eyeliners once a month, taking just the right angle of a shot with my iPod Touch

I didn't make it any further then this one, but I just wanted to say that you ARE beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have beautiful eyes, your smile is to die for....those are things that braids and eyeliner won't change! You really are stunning. I can relate where you are coming from, my friends have always been smaller than me, I'm the "fat friend" but they don't make me feel that way. If any of your friends make you feel like you're the "ugly" one, you need new friends!! Hugs to you, and add me as a friend cause I would love to have someone as beautiful as you helping me on this journey!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yep, a lot. It helps to crack a self-deprecating joke afterwards. Usually people laugh. Sometimes they just look sorry for me. Actually, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I don't need to be pretty to achieve any of the goals I've set in life – so it's not worth worrying about.
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've never been told I wasn't good looking. I have had that immortal "You have such a pretty face. You'd be sooooo much prettier if you just lost a little weight." The best part of that is the fact that it came from my Grandfather. He even gave me $100 when I graduated from college to join weightwatchers. Thanks Pappa! lol
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was picked on in high school/middle school ppl say I'm ugly, & fat etc.... I really don't have any confidence in my self cause of this. I dropped out of school cause I couldn't handle it any more... So now I have a husband, & a daughter. .. I know my husband thinks I'm beautiful. I regret dropping out but I am plainning on going back to school and do some thing better for my life.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was called a "Fat B!tch" by a meth head. I didn't really take it personal though. lmao
  • meghspencer
    Options
    I have been told I'm ugly and fat (I weighed 135 at the time).

I don't see one unattractive person in this thread. I'm all about inner beauty. :heart:
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been told in the past that I am not attractive! I cannot remember under which circumstances this was told to me, but they way I see it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I might think one guy is hot and the gal standing next to me think he's simply ugly. Have these comments bothered me??? Well, yes, noone wants to be perceived as ugly, but I take it with a grain of salt! I'm comfortable with who I am and my hubby thinks I'm beautiful, so what else really matters???????
  • Kris10can
    Kris10can Posts: 103
    Options
    I get the "cute" comment all the time.....psst....cute is okay when you are between the ages of 3 and 10 years old! I unfortunately have the "pretty" group of friends and definitely have heard DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) several times....grrrr!
  • TayaKrasikova
    Options
    When I was young until the end of high school. I used to be told your are way to skinny... you go eat something. in my last year of high school I finally hit puberty ( thanks god!!!!) but us time progressed I gew 5 '' and gained 76 lbs. ( used to be 5' 2" 73 lbs) Although I look perfectly normal now....Now that I fit What people expect you to look like, 9 years later I can still not get used to the weight. And I always feel fat
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I got made fun of for my nose.. which was apparently larger than life! And let me tell you, it is a bit bigger and I've broken it several times as a kid so it also has small bump.... I had an ex tell me that he loved my nose and it was beautiful (out of the blue..) and I broke down in tears!! I've now accepted my nose.. or maybe just grown into it a bit!

I also was made fun of for my hair... ALOT!!! It is a very unusual color in the small town I grew up in.. and I got a lot of nasty notes saying my hair was the color of "s#@*," which often broke my heart. Now, it is one of the things that I love most about myself and one of the biggest things my current boy toy LOVES about me!

I've grown more confident over the years which definitely helps, but I still have my insecurities..

And I have to agree, everybody here is beautiful!!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My ex husband told me occasionally how unattractive I was (and I had no extra weight back then). My favorite was, "I didn't marry you for your looks." Nice.

One of the reasons he is an "ex".
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    When I was an child and teen in the podunk Iowa town that I grew up in, life was tortue. At one point, when I was working in the fields with my peers (as all good Iowa teenagers do), I was halfway back when I saw one of the older boys standing on top of the bus yelling "suey! suey, pig, pig, pig!". I wanted to die of embarassment, but most of the time my life was like that.

When I moved to Idaho, I was 16 and the much larger town (there were as many students in the HS as we had in my whole hometown), things got better.

As an adult, I had feelings for a guy that wouldn't even give me the time of day when I was at my largest. In fact, there were several men who were complete *kitten* to me. After I lost a large amount of weight, they saw me in new eyes and started asking me out. I had the distinct pleasure of telling them exactly WHY I would not be giving THEM the time of day.

At this point in my journey, I have more I want to lose...but for me. I don't have problems with most people, but there are the occasional few that do not like me. I blow them off now, because I am confident in myself.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Not by anyone that mattered - my "best friend" up until about 5 years ago would regularly tell me that I was her "big fat friend" though. I severed that relationship when I realize it really brought down my self esteem, and a real friend wouldn't treat me like that.

I figure, anyone that matters in my life are not the people who will call me ugly. I honestly don't care if strangers say anything negative about my weight, my looks, my clothing or anything else...I figure I wouldn't want to associate with people that are that superficial anyways, so whats the point in worrying what they think?

That being said, only my (supportive) girlfriends and my grandma have called me beautiful...to anyone else i'm just the nice, funny girl with a great personality who happens to be chubby.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that so many people have been told they weren't good looking! And by their friend?! These people have serious issues and I would cut them out of my life. Who needs that hate in their life?

Someone said it to me once but they were an evil, hate filled bully so I considered the source.
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK and some of the guys here are HORRIBLE. I've been called ugly, fat, dog, doghead, heard them say 'nahhhh' (as in to go near me). Ive had food thrown at me on a night out with them saying 'eat that you fat cow'. I've had stuff like 'oh my god you're really pretty......HAHA AS IF YOU FAT *****' Umm I could go on and on and ON AND ON!! I've had so many horrific incidents. They really are s**theads!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Many times growing up...I was tubby, tubby 2 X 4, can't get thru the kitchen door. That was a looooong time ago, but somehow you tend to remember the bad stuff:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: more than you remember the good stuff:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: . Kids are so mean...but I have also realized that some adults aren't much better than the kids. :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Not by anyone that mattered - my "best friend" up until about 5 years ago would regularly tell me that I was her "big fat friend" though. I severed that relationship when I realize it really brought down my self esteem, and a real friend wouldn't treat me like that.

I figure, anyone that matters in my life are not the people who will call me ugly. I honestly don't care if strangers say anything negative about my weight, my looks, my clothing or anything else...I figure I wouldn't want to associate with people that are that superficial anyways, so whats the point in worrying what they think?

That being said, only my (supportive) girlfriends and my grandma have called me beautiful...to anyone else i'm just the nice, funny girl with a great personality who happens to be chubby.

Good for you, that's no friend.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes, quite a few times actually. I think it would be hard to say it didn't bother me. But I've developed thick skin.
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My first very serious boyfriend actually broke up with me because, "I'm not attracted to you anymore". Yup. We had been together for a year and a half and when we first started dating I was really athletic and he wasn't so I kinda dropped out of going to the gym every day. A year and a half and 30 pounds later that's what I got. I was so depressed I went on to gain 70 more pounds, had massive anxiety/depression...but finally I decided anough was enough and God gave me the man who is now my husband. He's encouraging and even though I still don't think I'm beautiful, he calls me beautiful everyday and I'm finally starting to take my health and my body back. I wish I had known back then how worthless that guy's opinion was and dropped him way sooner.
  • Jus1molbplz
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND! Same thing happened when I was a little younger and with my cousins. I was the ugly duckling of the group :( Guys say I'm "hot" just to see how far I would go. I just laugh and tell them "yeah I'm more like luke warm"

^^ Your friends are crazy - you have the most beautiful eyes and smile! By the way you write I bet your sense of humor is AMAZING and thats far more attractive to so many people than anything else! Don't let the haters get you down - thats what they do - hate - your beautiful Girl!!!