LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options
monettejb
monettejb Posts: 19 Member
Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You got a point.

I don't have it, don't flaunt it. I am one of those baggy workout pants and an oversized t shirt. They are getting bigger though, so I guess I'm getting smaller.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    If guys think you are good looking enough to look at you then you are lucky and take it as a compliment. That is, as long as the guys are not perverted about it or make comments. That is another matter entirely.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Because they want the attention and then act like they don't want the attention because they don't want to come off as attention *kitten*.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    The girls who dress like that WANT to be looked at. which is why I don't wear anything like that :smile:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    There are a ton of women who enjoy the looks - most women love attention and there is nothing wrong with that <3
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I cover up at my current gym, but not at my old gym. There, they kept the heat up. Wearing a shirt made me over heat, so I wore a sports bra or two.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    They want to be salivated over.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    They want attention, but pretend they don't. They're also the girls that are afraid to sweat, right?
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Agreeing with the others. Girls that dress like that.. want the attention. And even if they say they don't.. it's like an achievement if they get it anyway. Aren't women so easy to understand? :)
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    i kinda think i should be allowed to push the girls in coochie cutter shorts off of the treadmill. or at least go up to it and put it on, oh i don't know 9mph and watch them fly off of it :laugh: luckily i haven't encountered too many girls at my gym that wear pj's to work out in. you wanna wear tight yoga pants and a sports bra i'm fine with that but when i feel uncomfortable at the treadmill behind you because you have *kitten* cheek hanging out then there is a problem. just saying....
  • llamalauren
    llamalauren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yeah girls who do that want attention and are also probably manipulative and crazy....i would beware....normal girls pic comfort over conceit.
  • kcarr789
    Options
    I think it's so annoying when girls do that. I'm going to the gym to get a good workout in, not trying to look good.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    everybody looks at me crazy now because I quit the pony tail. Yes, it is hot and sweaty but pony tails give me roaring headaches!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the other female posters. Even though they pretend they don't like it, they do. Otherwise why would you wear it? You can get the same effective workout with your body covered. If I looked like that I'd probably do the same. They've worked hard for their bodies I am sure and are proud. My issue comes when they act offended that men are looking. Give me a break.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Haha there's a reason I go to a women only gym! There people tend to just wear baggy sweats etc... and people actually DO work out, not prance around the gym looking for male attention!
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOR their "work out"
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    Most girls that dress like that are only there for the attention not to work out. it's the ones that don't that are looking to work out and don't wanna be gawked at.
  • kacieluzier
    kacieluzier Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wear either baggy shorts or baggy sweats and a hoodie, to make me sweat more... Revealing clothing while working out (or wearing makeup) is simply <moderator edited>.
  • Ambamm77
    Options

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOR their "work out"

Those girls irritate the,you know what, outta me. LOL