LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Not all women who wear shorts and a sports bra to pretend they don't want the attention.

A lot of women (I was one of those women before I stopped going to the gym) and I wore those clothes because I sweated like a pig and wearing more clothing was not an option.

Yes a lot wear the clothing for attention, but not everyone,.
    I sweat SO much! I usually have to change my clothes before I leave the gym because driving home in them is NOT an option. I try not to go overboard but I usually wear pretty small shorts and a compression tank (I run quite a bit). I don't mind being looked at, but I'm not looking for it. I just sweat A LOT. If I'm running 10+ miles I've earned the right to be comfortable.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    OMG in the spin class i've been going to there are 2 ladies that wear a ton of make up but it's not done well- tons of bright pink blush and neon eyeshadow needless to say they look like crying clowns by the end of the class.

No judgement but that sounds hilarious.

hey i give them props for working out in make up but the end product is hilarious. i agree with everyone on here that we're at the gym to sweat and i for on sweat buckets. i wear 2 shirts- the wicking kind and it still doesn't contain the sweat.
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    When I see a fit girl working her *kitten* off in cute workout clothes...i kick it up a notch cuz im like..oh yea..i want that body lol
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is why I go to an all ladies gym. The funny thing is that my ladies only gym has a dress code. "Sports bras are not shirts and not aloud to worn as such". I feel very comfortable there.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    This is why I go to an all ladies gym. The funny thing is that my ladies only gym has a dress code. "Sports bras are not shirts and not aloud to worn as such". I feel very comfortable there.

See I wouldn't get enough support up top without wearing my sports bra AND a sports crop top, I would be sodded if I would wear a tee-shirt over the top into the bargain, I would pass out with the heat :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the sluttier the better
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wear the tight yoga pants and tops from Lululemon when I work out. I get dirty looks from the women but I don't care. I got it, I'm gonna flaunt it.
    Well...I take it back...I'm as flat as a 10 year old boy but I got a 4 pack, so I'm gonna flaunt it!
    [/quote]:laugh: You made me laugh out loud with that one. Good for you. You work hard for that 4 pack. Flaunt it!!!
  • hlcook
    hlcook Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!

I wear yoga pants and usually a tight tank top or tight t-shirt over my sports bra not because I feel a need to flaunt anything but because I work out at a gym where we're doing bear crawls and funky moves and I don't like loose clothes that hang off me and get in the way. That's all. The only time I've stripped down to shorts and a sports bra was in hot yoga because holy frick I thought I was going to die and needed my shirt to soak up some more sweat....

Heather
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I don't wear these things because I really shouldn't but sometimes I wish I did! Has no one ever thought that many women dress like this because wearing a sweaty pair of pants and shirt sucks? If it was really always all about being looked at, why do people I know dress like this to do yardwork, clean, aerobics in their living room? It's because they are damned hot when working out.

I could turn it around, why do guys wear those stupid sleeveless shirts with the holes to the hips? I'll bet money that though some wear it because they think it's sexy, most are wearing them because they allow breeze and such while still being covered.
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wear what I am comfortable in...I, too sweat a lot..Makeup I wear where ever I go..not a lot, but always put on my eyeliner before I go out. always have some type of lip gel on(lips are always so dry)...If I mow my grass I still wear my makeup (I don't wear a lot), makeup for me is j ust like brushing my teeth..I'm not dressed if I don't put on my makeup after I put on my clothes for workout or what ever I am doing!!! If you feel good about yourself wear what you are comfortable in, skimpy, baggy, short or tight and regardless men in general will still stare---they can't help themselves---
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the OP is just suggesting ... look hot, dress hot, then be comfortable with me staring at your fun parts.

I would never talk to you, but can't I appreicate a painting I like?

If I don't say anything, but stare at your chesticles bouncing a bit while you are on the treadmill, am I bad person?!?

I mean there isn't that much in the gym to hold my attention as ESPN is running the same god damn 10 Clips over and OVER AND OVER! I will just focus on you bumpy rumpy while I try to keep pace. I'm not drooling just staring! is vision soooo terrible!?

hahahaha...."chesticles bouncing". Hey, he's honest girls, and this is just the way 99.9% of men are built. You wear it, you should expect to be oogled (and, I'd bet most of you enjoy the oogling.....nuthin' wrong with that either). I wear tight fitting yoga pants and tank so it doesn't get hung up on the equipment, but I wouldn't consider it sexy wear. No belly or booty showing. If you got it and wanna flaunt it, all power to you. But, don't pick on the guys because they are pointing out that it IS provocative and distracting in a sense.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I usually have my hair and makeup at least partially done, because I'm always coming from work or something. So that's a pretty legitimate excuse for people who are too ready for the gym. But yeah, if I could get away with wearing revealing clothes, I'd be all over it too.. lol.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options

See I wouldn't get enough support up top without wearing my sports bra AND a sports crop top, I would be sodded if I would wear a tee-shirt over the top into the bargain, I would pass out with the heat :laugh:

That's me. I wear a certain style of underwire bra, then my sports bra and then my sports top with a built in bra. THEN and only then can I do jumping jacks and get serious with my work out :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!

HUH? Yeah, no. I wear baggy everything. I'm there to work out. Although I have seen some chicks that look like they belong on a street corner rather than the gym...
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options

HUH? Yeah, no. I wear baggy everything. I'm there to work out. Although I have seen some chicks that look like they belong on a street corner rather than the gym...

COD>>>> Battlefield tho
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I usually have my hair and makeup at least partially done, because I'm always coming from work or something. So that's a pretty legitimate excuse for people who are too ready for the gym. But yeah, if I could get away with wearing revealing clothes, I'd be all over it too.. lol.

God bless you
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

That's me. I wear a certain style of underwire bra, then my sports bra and then my sports top with a built in bra. THEN and only then can I do jumping jacks and get serious with my work out :)

I run so that is bouncing up and down too. It don't half hurt if the support isn't there doesn't it.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I am doing a cardio heavy workout and I know I am going to be sweating a lot (especially because my gym is always so, so warm D:) I'll wear a sports bra and shorts. Not to get attention, I don't care if people want to look but ultimately I am there to work out. That's a rarity though, I usually wear a comfortable top and leggings or shorts.

Aaaaand as for the makeup thing, I am guilty of it but only when coming straight from work. I work directly across from my gym haha usually the makeup sweats off and I end up looking like a mess but I don't really care.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    To me, it depends on what I am there to do. If I am taking a class I will wear a t-shirt and my spandex capris. If I am going to lift or run I might wear shorts and my sports bra top that covers. I would show what I want to flaunt and right now that is my toned arms and legs. Plus like to show up the guys when I can lift more than them....LOL

*the sports bras I wear are like the sports tanks...I could think of that when I posted.
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    gosh dang that is so going to be me someday and you can look all you want but don't touch!!