50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Sounds like we are all gearing up to meet the summer head on. Welcome to some new members, just keep posting and we will all get to know one another faster:happy:

I had an extremely busy day yesterday. 3 loads of laundry on the line, cleaned the kitchen, did a Biggest Loser Bootcamp Workout (55 minutes) an hour long bike ride, cut the grass (both riding/push mower, weeded and transplanted in my tame raspberry patch, worked on my flowers (hanging baskets and planters) I was pooped last nite and my aching back said NO MORE:noway: That is ok because today I am off to physio to get it straightened out:wink: Besides packing my usual healthy snacks for my trip into the city, I am also packing a super healthy sandwich complete with sprouts etc. I cannot hardly wait for lunch:bigsmile: Since I have my physio and dentist apt scheduled back to back I won't have much time to eat therefore I will be prepared when hunger strikes:laugh:

Anne I was sorry to hear about your plans were changed but I believe that everything happens for a reason so just hang in there (I know you sure will) and everything will work out just the way it was meant to:heart: Your positive attitude will keep you going.

Thanks Becky for your encouragement:heart:

Gotta run now and get on the road. Hope everyone has a terrific day:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I seem to have conquered the water monster using a 6 oz juice glass. :happy: Every time I feel or thirsty or just walk by the fridge I fill my little glass and down it. The smaller size doesn't make it seem like I'm floating away and cold water is just more palatable to me. I tally them on a pad hanging on the side of my fridge. It takes 15 little glasses to get to my goal, but so far I have been able to do it! :drinker: Guess the stuff about water flushing fat must be true cuz I'm down a pound since Sunday. :happy:

Now that I am drinking "enough" water, its time to attack my weak core muscles. I have let gardening take the place of strength training these past few weeks, so I fear I will be basically starting at square one in that department. Wish I lived close enough to a gym to join LA Fitness or someplace that has a personal trainer.... My doctor told me to be careful not to ever strain or tug or I could undo my vaginal lift. So I probably tend to err on the side of not doing ENOUGH to strengthen my tummy muscles. But I know I need to start somewhere and keep it up. I tend to go great guns when something is new and then fizzle out....

But today is a new day, so once again I will begin again. Reminds me of a line from Anne of Green Gables... "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." Having you ladies to encourage me along the way and share lessons learned makes me want to try harder. If you can do it, maybe I can too! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good Morning,

:flowerforyou: Zaza, you are so right, I spend so much time enjoying reading the posts and savoring all the joys and frustrations of everyone that I don't have much time left to write. Then my perfectionist tendencies tell me that I can't write unless I address each of you individually and that it would be terrible if I missed someone, so I become paralyzed and write nothing at all.

:flowerforyou: Vicki---I am so happy for your continued weight loss. Isn't it fun to see your ticker move to the right. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll keep getting what you've been getting.

:flowerforyou: susan---I never thought of keeping a tally of my water. I get frustrated because I try to keep the numbers in my head until I get back to the computer. someone once told me that "most good ideas are simple" and you've just shown me that. congratulations on losing another pound.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Anne--I'm so sorry about your doctor nixing Planet Fitness. I'm cheering you on with the next steps in your journey to health.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, you continue to encourage me. You've been sticking to this for a lot longer than I have and it tells me that I can keep on keeping on. Thank you and good luck with your yellow submarine.

Now my breakfast is calling me.

hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning my cyber friends:

Anne: You are always so positive. You are right, you can still do the exercise videos and the walking while being careful. It is a praise that your eyes are getting better. Keep up the positive attitude. I hope you can avoid surgery.

Debbie: You use your free time so efficiently! :flowerforyou: Walking while your kids get their teeth cleaned! You go girl.

Susan: Good job. Wow - I didn’t do so well on my birthday! You are an inspiration to me. Good idea on the water intake. :drinker: Whatever works for you is what you need to do. Glad you found the answer.

Vicki: Great job girl. Another 3 lbs gone!:flowerforyou:

I'm still feeling yucky. I wanted to go to the gym but my "faucet" (nose :laugh: ) won't quit running and I don't think they want my sneezing on everything there.

All of you are so great I would really like to meet with you 'face to face'. It would be fun to get together and chat in person. I am feeling a little defeated but I know it's just because I haven't been feeling well. I so much wanted to be 10 pounds lighter by the end of June but that just isn't possible at this point - well, not healthy anyway :wink:

Have a great day everyone.

Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Hi Barbie! I found the group! :happy: Is there a way to "bookmark" this group? How do you add friends? I'm so glad you told me how to get here....it looks like a great fun group! Helen

Sorry - I missed welcoming you on my post. This is a fun group of ladies and they "Care" about each other. It's a great support for me.

Esther
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Esther, I hope you get to feeling better. Keep drinking your water and that will help flush out the crud. Thanks for the encouragement you are to all of us!:flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I am drinking water. Not so much on the exercise though. I have no energy :frown:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Helen, the best way to find this thread is to click on Community and the My Topics. You will see a list of the threads that you have posted in. Just look for our name and go to the last entry of the thread.

I am going to the YMCA today to work out and to also weigh myself. It has been a week and I am curious to see if drinking even more water has helped.

I will be going back to work on Friday if I get my doctor's OK and I should. So, I will not be here too often. I work eight hours per day and then have my family, which has grown since last week, to care for.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, :flowerforyou:

KATHY, WHAT A FUN PROJECT. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY PAUL DID NOT CONTACT ME. I WAS MAD ABOUT HIM AND WANTED TO LIVE ON THAT SUBMARINE WITH HIM FOREVER. :laugh:

ZAZA, OUR MEMBERSHIP IS INCREASING QUITE A BIT. IT MAY BE HARDER TO ADDRESS EVERYONE THAN IT USED TO BE. I WILL SURELY GIVE IT A TRY. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR
    CONCERN AND I WILL BE TALKING WITH A TRAINER., I DO WANT TO SEE WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY.
    WISH YOU THE BEST WITH YOUR GOALS , AS ALWAYS. :flowerforyou:

VICKI, WOW, ARE YOU EVER DOING TERRIFIC!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I ACTUALLY DID A HAPPY DANCE WHEN I REACHED 199 AND MADE A VOW TO NEVER REACH 200 AGAIN, EVER! :noway: IT WAS A GREAT FEELING AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT TOO.:happy:
    I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED ABOUT YOUR TICKER BEING GONE. :laugh: I COULD JUST SEE YOU
    SITTING THERE SCRATCHING YOUR HEAD.:laugh: WHENEVER I LOSE SOMETHING ON COMPUTER I SAY IT IS LOST IN COMPUTER LAND. USUALLY I NEED MY SON TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED.:explode:

BARBIE, THANKS VERY MUCH, I'LL STAY POSITIVE, IT WILL ALL WORKOUT. :flowerforyou:

ESTHER, SORRY YOU ARE FEELING DOWN.:flowerforyou: ILLNESS WILL DO THAT TO YOU.
    YOU'LL FEEL ALL BETTER SOON AND WITH YOUR SUNNY PERSONALITY, YOU WILL BOUNCE
    RIGHT BACK. DON'T LOOK BACK. DO THE BEST YOU CAN FOR JUNE. YOU ARE ALREADY A LOVELY LOOKING WOMAN. TAKING OFF THOSE POUNDS IS A BONUS. THANKS FOR YOUR
    GOOD WISHES FOR ME.:smile:

ENJOY THE DAY GIRLS.:heart:

ANNE
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    good afternoon to all.. rain drops are back.. its a little cool this afternoon. today has been a walking here and there and gardening we just finish supper hubbys in the little boys room getting ready for work so i came on to post supper and my snack i had today. today is my secound daythat i have been able to fill it all in i seem to have gone over some things ugh will i am also starting on my fifth glass of water that s a big wow for me.. it sounds like a good deal of us work outside can someone explain how pulling out weeds burns calorie i sit on my little stool and just pull i don't break out a sweat i do spend a lot of time pulling weeds. i was thinking about that today i do switch hands hum... ok going to spend some more time with hubby before he leaves .. everyone have a nice night love debbie and family
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A quick good evening to everyone.
    I made a recipe I found on mfp for dinner (feta topped chicken breasts) and it was so good and so easy. I'm not the greatest cook, and this was just my speed. I'm so pleased that it was so tasty and healthy and my family enjoyed the meal too.
    On another note, Esther, please don't be too hard on yoruself. I've been told by more than one trainer that you need to give your body a break when you're sick. Once you're feeling better, you can exercise again and the pounds will come off. You may not lose 10 pounds by the end of June, but I'm sure you'll be close to your goal. So, please don't be discouraged. Just feel better!:flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I made it to the Y today and I feel much better. My weight is holding steady.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    :flowerforyou: GOOD MORNING ALL MY FITNESS PALS:flowerforyou:

I HOPE YOU WAKE UP TO A BEAUTIFUL DAY. LETS CONTINUE OUR EFFORTS TOWARDS GOOD HEALTH AND THE HAPPIEST LIFE WE CAN LIVE.

ZAZA THAT RECIPE SOUNDS YUMMY. :tongue: MY TONGUE IS HANGING OUT WITH ANTISIPATION.:smile: WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO POST IT? IF NOT I THINK I WILL TRY
    LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE IT ON THE NET. SOUNDS NICE AND EASY AS YOU
    SAID AND I AM NOT INTO COOKING IN MY SENIOR YEARS.

BECKY, GLAD YOU MADE IT TO THE Y AND THAT YOUR WEIGHT IS HOLDING. :flowerforyou:

STAY STRONG EVERYONE, WHEN WE TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES, WE TAKE BETTER CARE
    OF THOSE WE LOVE.

:heart: ANNE
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Welcome to the new 'pals' I hope you enjoy our thread

I haven't been on for a couple of days except to read the odd post. I am struggling but I will not give up!!

Zaza - I just saw that recipe and am going to try it tomorrow nght. I wanted to try it tonight by my son has his final concert for the highschool band so I'll have to hit the ground running - what else is new. I get home from work at about 5:30 and have to have my son back to school for 6 - I'll have to be very creative to get the kids fed, get myself cleaned up and make sure my son is spiffed up and pressed!
    Where are those super powers when we need them! I'm always excited to see them perform. They all look so nice. Their uniforms are white tuxedo shirts, black bow ties, burgundy vests and black pants.

Anne - you will find that recipe under the recipe thread - posted by Joanna - JAPS4

For June I am going to focus on burning calories. I know that I am progressing because the 'good' days outnumber the 'not so good' days by far. I do need to stop this emotional grazing because that is the only thing hindering my weight loss. I have lost the same darn 5 pounds soooo many times this past few months I'm sick to death of being "that girl" who can't seem to get it together. Sorry for the whining - I'll just be quiet and keep trying!!

Have a great day

Heather
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Zaza, please share the recipe for feta topped chicken. I love feta cheese.

:flowerforyou: Good morning Anne, I hope your day is going well. I know what you mean about cooking, but then I never did like to do that. I would rather wash the dishes. I told my husband when we married that if he did the cooking, I would clean up. Well, of course, I am doing both.

:flowerforyou: Heather, you may be doing the same thing I am. I will lose a couple of pounds to find them again. So frustrating. I have noticed that eventually they will leave for good and then I have to deal with the next couple of pounds I lose.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Holy Moly I think I just copied and pasted!!!!!
    On the Recipes thread you can see a picture of this dish

Chicken breasts go uptown with a brush of balsamic, a sprinkle of herbs and a warmed feta finish. Simply sensational! From eatbetteramerica. Prep Time:10 min
    Start to Finish:25 min
    makes:4 servings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
    1 large plum (Roma) tomato, cut into 8 slices
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz)

1. Set oven control to broil. Brush both sides of chicken breasts with dressing. Sprinkle both sides with Italian seasoning and seasoned pepper. Place on rack in broiler pan.
    2. Broil with tops 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
    High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Broil chicken about 15 minutes. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g); Protein 33g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    Good morning - the recipe sounds yummy - and I have the ingredients! - just picked up some feta cheese yesterday (one of my favorites) - thanks, :glasses:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    I have already got my workout in for today. So I am ahead of the game. We had to go to a wake this morning, so we brought our work out clothes and stopped by the gym after. I always do so much better in the morning cause I am not as tired. The recipe sounds really good. I think I will try it. We eat a lot of chicken, so we are always looking for more recipes. Hope all of you ladies have a good day. Talk to you soon.
    Vicki
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning:flowerforyou:

That recipe sounds yummy...thanks for mentioning it Zaza and for copying and pasting Heather....this recipe will definitely be on my "to make" list since I love anything chicken...in fact tonite's menu is chicken stir fry with Black Pearl Medley (long grained parboiled brown rice, black barley and daikon radish seeds) and a big super salad on the side (gotta make sure I am working on my June goals)

I had a long day yesterday in the city...both physio and dental appointments. I decided to get the old fillings removed and new ones put in...last ones were done yesterday...4 in fact, 3 with freezing, 1 with no freezing...needless to say I had a little discomfort last night but I managed:tongue: This was my last appointment since I had all the other ones done previously and I am soooo happy about that:smile:

Today the sun is shining and the forecast is saying warmer temperatures at least for the next few days:love: I am raging war on dandelions:angry: I bought some new contraption to help pull them out . If anyone is wondering where I am today you will find me on the dandelion battlefield:laugh: :laugh: Also on the agenda is a nice long bike ride and giving the remainder of the lawn a trim.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and you make sure you do something nice for yourself:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:

P.S. Don't forget to drink (lots of water that is:laugh: :laugh: ):drinker: :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yesterday I tried keeping a piece of paper and a pencil near my water glass to tally each glass I drank. It worked! I kept track of the glasses of water as I drank them and my cups of tea and when I came home from other places I tallied the water I drank while I was gone.

the other thing I'm doing is keeping paper and pencil in the bathroom where the scale is and I log my bedtime weight and first thing in the morning weight. since i couldn't give up my compulsive weighing I decided to make it work for me. My weight varies as much as five pounds in between morning and evening, but if I write down the weights I notice that it gradually goes down

It's time to go to line dance.

Hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie