OATMEAL IDEAS!!! to you lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal in the morning. Especially in the winter. Agave, Stevia, or Maple Syrup only, but after reading all these great ideas I see I need to get more creative with my oatmeal.
  • stealthycat
    Options
    1/3 cup oats
    2/3 cup fat free milk
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 tsp good cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    cook for 5 minutes While whisking briskly, slowly add one beaten egg in the last 2:00 and cook until thick and creamy
    add honey to taste
    sprinkle with chopped nuts and/or crasins

yum yum yum
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered red pears. They're awesome. I put walnuts in my oatmeal - always. And then I add either bananas, a pear, or some apples and I cook that into it. Then I top it with cinnamon. I love that stuff.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I put roasted sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, some times chia seeds, maple syrup, blue berries and a splash of almond milk. Love the crunchy sunflower seeds mmmmmmm
    :heart:
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Cook 3/4 cup oatmeal and 1.5 cups of water on the stove until it starts to soften. Whip 2 egg whites with a splash of vanilla and add it to the oatmeal. Cook for at least 5 minutes on medium heat until the eggs are cooked through. Serve over a sliced banana, and top with brown sugar.

This oatmeal keeps me full for HOURS!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:

Steel Cut Oats
    1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
    Half Apple Chopped
    Cinnamon
    Touch of 1% Milk
  • STAYSEAH
    STAYSEAH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried amaranth? I try to switch that up with oatmeal sometimes. It's great with fresh blueberries, a bit of earth balance and agave, and it is super good for you. It takes a while to make, so I make a big batch and reheat for breakfast.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A lot of yummy ideas here.

I eat mine the boring way: just plain oatmeal with splenda. I like mine on the thinner side. I used to put butter and sugar in it before going the healthy route. :p
  • ybarbara
    Options
    Love oatmeal and have started eating it every morning. I like it with a bit of brown sugar and then add a snack size peaches in light syrup. The peaches get warm and it is Yummy!
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bumpity! so many good ideas!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like mine with just vanilla or chocolate almond milk and a bit of stevia. On days when I am not counting calories I like to use agave nectar or brown rice syrup to sweeten and dried fruit (usually raisins) sometimes I add nuts.
  • ewvmd
    ewvmd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mmm...
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    Apple-Almond Oatmeal (approx. 375 calories)
    1/2 cup dry quick cook oats made with water
    1 large apple, sliced
    2 Tbsp almonds
    apple pie spice sprinkled on top

Banana-Pecan Oatmeal (approx. 380 calories)
    1 cup sliced banana
    2 Tbsp pecans
    cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkled on top

Banana Split Oatmeal (approx. 365 calories)
    1/4 cup microwaved frozen strawberries
    top with: 1/4 cup sliced banana, 1 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp peanuts

Blueberry Nut Oatmeal (approx. 395 calories)
    3/4 cup dry quick cook oats made with water
    1 cup organic frozen blueberries warmed in microwave for about 1 min.
    2 Tbsp cashews

Peachy Pecan Oatmeal (approx. 375 calories)
    3/4 cup dry quick cook oats made with water
    1 cup organic sliced peaches, thawed
    2 Tbsp pecans
    nutmeg sprinkled on top
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    plain oats with natural yoghurt, stevia and a chopped peach
  • nonosedebb
    Options
    My favorite thing is to add a small amount of egg nog (Christmas time of course). Also, mostly every day I'll add craisins and chopped peacans. Yum
  • darece
    darece Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meriendatime
    Options
    I like savory oatmeal. So I usually put soy sauce to taste and top it with chopped up green onions and a poached egg. If I have it sweet, I toss in half a handful or raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract and soymilk.
  • Carolyn130
    Options
    Hi,
    I am an oatmeal every morning girl too. I bring the regular oatmeal to a boit then cook it on medium for 4 min. then add 1/4 cup fresh blueberries and cook for another 2 minutes. with the sweetness of the blueberries you don't need sugar. Yummy!
  • JenTracey
    JenTracey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome
  • JenTracey
    JenTracey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what in the world does bump mean