• jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    week six, day 1 of c25k finally done! Week's half over already :(
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 Done~

today wasin't to bad. :3

seems my abs hurt though, that didn't happen before last time I did the shred. lol though it seems I always fell the soreness of my muscles more the next day then after the workout so I dread to think how they will fell in the morning.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did W2D1 of C25K - I managed it, it wasn't easy at first and I took it really slow but I got through the whole set without stopping. Very pleased. My legs didn't have any pleasant afterburn, so I decided to do L1D4 of the 30DS about an hour later. Boy was it hard - I had to take a couple 5 second breaks and I still can't finish that second set of side lunge/lateral raises. But my legs have that pleasant burn now - so I'm feeling really good.

I don't know if I'll double up, like a did today, again - only if I'm feeling up to it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing GREAT! Those lateral raises are killer for me, too. I have worked up to 5 lbs with everything else but am still using 2 lbs for the first set and just holding one weight in both hands for the second.:blushing:
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I did my C25k yesterday. Week 3, Day 2

Today was L1, D8 of Shred.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Shredded yesterday and hoping for a good walk/run today.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 3, Day 3 of C25k. It was my daughter's birthday and that kept me pretty busy. But I still managed my walk/run after the kids finally went to bed.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L1, D9 of the Shred.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did L1D6 of 30DS - today's workout was the easiest by far. I finally managed to do both sets of side lunges/lateral raises! That's huge for me, it was the one exercise I always struggled with. I'm going on holiday for the next 10 days - I'm going to try and do as much exercise as I can but we'll see how I go.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just did L1D6 of 30DS - today's workout was the easiest by far. I finally managed to do both sets of side lunges/lateral raises! That's huge for me, it was the one exercise I always struggled with. I'm going on holiday for the next 10 days - I'm going to try and do as much exercise as I can but we'll see how I go.

Enjoy your holiday! We'll be here when you get back.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I took a day off yesterday. I feel bad because it wasn't planned, but good because I really needed it. It was the first day off I've taken all month.

I did Week 4, D1 today. Holy Smokes! That was tough. I hang my head in shame as I admit that I couldn't finish my last 5 minute run. There seemed to be a huge jump between weeks 3 and 4. Oh well, It gives me something to build on.
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 c25k again tomorrow. I took the week off :( Got to get back in it though!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started c25k last week and wanted to at least try 30ds this week too. I have never even watched the video yet and am afraid after seeing posts on mfp about the agony after doing it! Have any of you been too sore after a day of jillian to do c25k??
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I started c25k last week and wanted to at least try 30ds this week too. I have never even watched the video yet and am afraid after seeing posts on mfp about the agony after doing it! Have any of you been too sore after a day of jillian to do c25k??

My first time doing the Shred I wasn't trying it with C25k. I can tell you that after the first workout I couldn't pick my baby up for a couple of hours because my arms were dead and going up and down stairs was painful for the first couple of days. It is a fantastic workout. I think that the hardest thing is doing day 2. I was so sore that I wanted to take a few days off (and if I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that a few days would likely turn into forever). If I hadn't started in a group like this, then I know that I wouldn't have finished. I would definately suggest finding a group (we would love to have you here:happy: ) and posting daily. The support of a group is really helpful to keep you going. If you're too sore to do the C25k the next day, then wait a week. The soreness will pass and you will be amazed at the difference in how you feel about it after a week.
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I haven't posted in a while (it is really hard to get to the computer when my husband and son are home:tongue: ). I have kept up with my workouts. I have finished 9 days on L1. I think that I may move to Level 2 today:sick: . I agree with Cricket, those five minute runs on Week 4 are tough!
  • flamegirl72
    Options

My first time doing the Shred I wasn't trying it with C25k. I can tell you that after the first workout I couldn't pick my baby up for a couple of hours because my arms were dead and going up and down stairs was painful for the first couple of days. It is a fantastic workout. I think that the hardest thing is doing day 2. I was so sore that I wanted to take a few days off (and if I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that a few days would likely turn into forever). If I hadn't started in a group like this, then I know that I wouldn't have finished. I would definately suggest finding a group (we would love to have you here:happy: ) and posting daily. The support of a group is really helpful to keep you going. If you're too sore to do the C25k the next day, then wait a week. The soreness will pass and you will be amazed at the difference in how you feel about it after a week.

Thanks for the advice....I am one who usually needs to work through the pain because once I am motivated to start, I know if I take a day or two off to recover I could easily lose my motivation. I think I will watch the workout tonight to prepare myself what I am in for...lol.

As for today, I completed C25K week 2 day 1. I took last week off due to vacation and considered redoing week 1, but it wasn't too bad so full speed ahead! Tomorrow Jillian and I will have a come to Jesus meeting! Eeeeeeek!
  • abatista27
    abatista27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started doing both at roughly the same time and around Week 2 of C25K and Level 2 of 30DS I got the nastiest shin splint ever and I've had to take an entire week off from both since then because it hurts so bad to walk and I don't want to hurt myself worse. be careful, don't over-extend yourself! I went right back to couch potato after 2 weeks because I can't do anything with this stupid pain!
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    I started doing both at roughly the same time and around Week 2 of C25K and Level 2 of 30DS I got the nastiest shin splint ever and I've had to take an entire week off from both since then because it hurts so bad to walk and I don't want to hurt myself worse. be careful, don't over-extend yourself! I went right back to couch potato after 2 weeks because I can't do anything with this stupid pain!

Good advice....the last thing I want is an injury. I have tried C25K before and failed twice after a max of 3 weeks. I think I was trying to go at it too fast and got frustrated. This time I am doing a slow jogging pace, more concerned with finishing than excelling. I can work on pace later on. As for Jillian, I will be starting level 1 of 30DS and I will listen to my body as best I can. I like to think I would know the difference between just muscle stiffness and something more...but I know an injury can happen anytime. That must be awful for you....being so motivated and then being sidelined for two weeks. Hopefully you can get back to it soon!