Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options

Replies

• Njmille
    Njmille Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I came across this post!! You all look great! And you are definitely all inspirations!! I had 3 c-sections...and all 3 of my babies were over 9lbs..i'm only 5ft so the extra weight definitely shows up on me. I am working very hard to get myself into shape and feel better about myself, and you all are my inspiration!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yay there is hope. But I do have to ask, at one point did you have loose skin and think it was never going to go away?
    My son is a year old now, I am almost pre-pregnancy weight but have to lose more just so it looks like before I had him. But I have loose skin, and i'm scared it wont go away and ever look normal. plus I have gross stretch marks (but they ARE fading due to losing weight)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, you are too kind! I'm definitely my own worst critic and only see the flaws. My tummy is the area I obsess over. And you will never (I repeat NEVER) catch me at the gym doing a plank with just a sports bra and shorts on because gravity and that little bit of loose skin is just not a pretty sight. It has gotten progressively smaller and the skin is way tighter, but I still have spot that hangs.
  • heathera1980
    Options
    I've had 3 babies via c-section (now 10, 8 & 7), I really didn't think there was any hope for me! I figured I'd be stuck with this lower belly mom pooch for the rest of my life. :sad: You ladies have gave me the inspiration that I've been needing...so thank you for that!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I haven't even had a baby and your stomach is better than mine!! lol

I feel the same way, though I do have a similar scar due to a myomectomy. So I had a 1 lb baby tumor, lol. Ladies you all look great,
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump - can't see pics at work and wanna see them :)
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You ladies look amazing, so inspiring!!! I still want to lose another 15lbs or so when I stop nursing, but this is me after gaining 50lbs with each pregnancy and having 2 csections, not perfect but pretty flat so far. There is hope, my dr said id never lose the hanging csection belly and I am thrilled to say it is long gone. I owe it all to the 30 day shred because I dont have the best diet and for the most part eat whatever I want, sad to say. 29wwha9.jpg
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im extremely hopeful now!! My kids are almost 7 and 4. I will be 28 in May and had 2 c sections as well. Neither were big (6lb 5oz and 7lb 1oz) but my first was an emergency and he almost died and my 2nd was planned.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    Woohoo for hot mommas! I had 1 c-section for my first and two vaginal deliveries afterwards and I can still rock a bikini! All thanks to a good diet, cardio and heavy lifting! It's hard work but the payoff is great! I'm adding you as a friend okay? :flowerforyou:
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think that everyone is going to bounce back differently. Obviously the better you take care of yourself prior to the lil guys and gals the faster and better you will be back in shape. I've had 4 kids and my stomach is not close to a six pack at all. Even though I'm a thick girl (196) I don't have a gut but I have extra skin and stretch marks. The extra skin that is saggy is not going away with exercise, but I know I can make it look like it’s a lot less!! It all depends on the elasticity of your skin as well. I don't think we can say it is realistic to think everyone is going to have a flat tummy and no saggy skin after babies (even if they are not 196 like me), but we can say that we will NOT have pot belly’s and saddle bags!!! lol I think you look great! I wish I had your muscle memory and great skin!! You go girl! I hope that I can try to get as close as I can to achieving abs like those. I'm on my way to a healthier me!!
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the proof of a flatter stomach!!! I have been working on that too. I was hoping there was hope to a flat tummy at some point.

You look great! Congrats!!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have read a few threads lately of people asking if there is hope for a flat tummy after a c-section. The answer is yes, of course you can!

I'm 5'5" and about to turn 34 years old. My "babies" are 9 and 6. With my first pregnancy I gained about 70lbs and topped the scales at just over 200lbs (yikes!) when I delivered. With my 2nd baby I gained less (maybe 40lbs) but started out heavier and he was 9lbs of cuteness.

This is me at 41 weeks (yes, a full week overdue!) with the 9lb boy.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/41weeks.jpg[/img]

And this is me this morning (excuse the PJs, it's a snow day and the kids & I are lounging around)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

(in this forward-facing photo you can just see my c/s scar right above my pants line. It's pretty faded.)

And one of my gigantic hulking man-muscle biceps (just kidding!) because I'm proud of them. :)

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/muscles.jpg[/img]

My current stats are 122.4lbs, 20% body fat. Waist at bellybutton is 27", lower "mommy tummy" is 30", my hips are about 35.5" and my biceps are 11". My post-pregnancy weight was around 165.

I did it by eating pretty clean (hey, I like my junk food too, though), focusing on small meals every 3-4 hours and mixing up cardio and lifting some heavy weights.

Hope for all those mommies who are just starting out on weight loss you can have some hope that your tummy will look good again!

WOW!!! you look amazing, thanks for posting this and showing there is hope. I had two c-sections and both my kids were 8lbs I have already lost 22lbs but would love for my stomach to look like that when I am done still have 12lbs to go.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I've had 2 babies, both around 8 pounds (not c-section though). I gained about 70 pounds both times. There is hope :)

WOW you look fantastic too you guys inspire me
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    You look great!!

I have almost the same stats as you too! Had 2 babies, gained over 50 with each, they are 8 and 10 now. It does take time to really get back to normal, but if you put in the hard work, it WILL happen!

Here is my 39+ week belly and my tummy now. I did not have c-sections, but I did have 8 pounders as well so I have a bit of loose skin.

39wks.jpgbelly.jpg

WOW!! what an inspirational post all of you ladies who have accomplished this my hat off to you.
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the pictures ladies, you are inspirational!

I didn't have a section but I had 2 pretty big babies (9 & 6) years ago and it's just a mess. Thank you!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    curious to know what your actual weights were at beginning of weight loss rather than pregnancy weight ;)
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am completely amazed! WOW!

I was already a big girl before i was pregnant. I weighed 195, i gained 45lbs. After my 7lb 10oz baby boy was born i ended up being 225. I am currently 192.4...I really hope someday i can have a pretty flat/toned tummy. Its gonna take alot of work for sure.

Thanks for this inspiration!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    curious to know what your actual weights were at beginning of weight loss rather than pregnancy weight ;)

I put it in my original post. After baby #2 my weight was 165.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wow! I ask myself everyday if I can ever have a nice stomach. I have three kids. No c-sections, heaviest baby was 7lbs 14oz, and I never gained over 24lbs with any of my pregnancies, but I do have a hideous belly. Its just fat. Lol. I hate it. You have given me hope that I CAN achieve a nice, (relatively) flat belly. This is definitely the motivation I so sorely needed! Thank you!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    love this post!! I had two babies 7lbs 13oz for both and 2 c-sections!!

38 weeks!
    Halloween08007.jpg

here is my tummy now stretch marks and all but I have worked hard!!

004-5.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!