EGG--CELLENCE For Easter!! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I had a doctor's appt 1st thing this morning after having Friday off of work so I was swamped when I finally got in today... SOOOOOO I completely forgot it was weigh-in day. I am so sorry Kristen... I will remember next week. I have actually gained some this week... I am at 149.0.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: tamanella/Tami

Starting Weight: 335
    Challenge Goal Weight: 307

01/02: 335
    01/09: 328 - down 7lbs..woohoo!!!
    01/16: 323 - down 5lbs!!
    01/23: 323 - stayed the same this week, darn TOM! lol
    01/30: <<<mini goal weight>>> 327 -achieved 1/12/12!!
    02/06: <<<NEW mini goal weight>>> - 315 by my birthday!!
    02/13:
    02/20:
    02/27: <<<mini goal weight>>> 319
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:
    03/26:
    04/02:
    04/07: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 307
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The challenge for this week is to get enough sleep. Let's all try to get eight hours of sleep a night.. We need to be rested so we can exercise and lose the weight..

GREAT CHALLENGE!!!!! I SO NEED THIS!!! I get about 5-6 hours a night!! I was talking to a friend today about how I need more sleep! GREAT CHALLENGE!!! :)
  • brooke159
    Options
    kristen - thank you so much for the advice to "Think about why you really wouldn't like to be thinner. Once you know, you can decide if you're able to come to terms with it and continue on with your weight loss journey."

I thought about your advice and I think it really does scare me to get attention from males after I lose a lot of weight. Last year I lost 30 lbs and in November the attention made me nervous and anxious. I've regained 25 lbs!
    I'm happily married now, but I had a difficult childhood because I was molested by my dad and my mother did nothing to help me. I've gotten lots of therapy but I will bring this topic up at my next session. Thank you so much for your wise, insightful advice.
    Brooke
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    kristen - thank you so much for the advice to "Think about why you really wouldn't like to be thinner. Once you know, you can decide if you're able to come to terms with it and continue on with your weight loss journey."

I thought about your advice and I think it really does scare me to get attention from males after I lose a lot of weight. Last year I lost 30 lbs and in November the attention made me nervous and anxious. I've regained 25 lbs!
    I'm happily married now, but I had a difficult childhood because I was molested by my dad and my mother did nothing to help me. I've gotten lots of therapy but I will bring this topic up at my next session. Thank you so much for your wise, insightful advice.
    Brooke

i am sorry for what happen to you.....i also appreciated kristen advise to you.....i gained 50 when i divorced 10years ago and i did realized one of the reasons i didnt lose weight was because i didnt want the attention.....i took me a long time to come to that realization......good luck
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I had a doctor's appt 1st thing this morning after having Friday off of work so I was swamped when I finally got in today... SOOOOOO I completely forgot it was weigh-in day. I am so sorry Kristen... I will remember next week. I have actually gained some this week... I am at 149.0.

OMG, as of this morning I'm 152 and logged a gain on MFP for the first time... I've been too slack on the weekends... gotta get my determination back on!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Happy Days to all the losers this week. :drinker:

HipHip Hooray !!!:bigsmile:

Keep it up!!

Good Luck next week.
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! I can't believe I'm in the lead in my groups %-wise. I've had a few slip-ups this last few days. I'm going to push hard for that bikini-body, though. I'm off to do some dancing while the baby is asleep!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all this past weeks winners!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE these challenges!!!!
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: staceyb2003/Stacey

Current Weight: 185.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170

01/02:185.4
    01/09: 183.4
    01/16: 183
    01/23: 181.6
    01/30: <<<mini goal weight>>>
    02/06:
    02/13:
    02/20:
    02/27: <<<mini goal weight>>>
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:
    03/26:
    04/02:
    04/07: <<<challenge goal weight>>>
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    Aaaahhhhhh I'm so excited at having highest lbs in my group. Yay meeeeee.

Hope everyone is ok and doing well. Sorry for ny lack of comments on this thread but I have no internet in my new house yet so next month I should be back on properly.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,079 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing outstanding here! I NEED to lose 2 pounds this week to get to mt mini goal! :smile: :smile:
  • Kjlloyd1
    Kjlloyd1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I forgot to post. Football frenzy here this week with the NY Giants. Had a few things I shouldn't have had. Getting real serious this week!
  • brooke159
    Options
    i am sorry for what happen to you.....i also appreciated kristen advise to you.....i gained 50 when i divorced 10years ago and i did realized one of the reasons i didnt lose weight was because i didnt want the attention.....i took me a long time to come to that realization......good luck

Pam3 - Thanks for sharing your own experience...it helps me realize that I need to focus on understanding the idea that I'm not losing weight because I'm uncomfortable with the attention I get after I've lost it. Congrats on your 15 lbs lost!
    Brooke
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    When it comes to getting enough sleep, I'm DUMB. I have to get up early almost every morning but I still go to bed late. BUT!! Here is an article that goes along with our challenge.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweightsuccessfully/a/sleepdiet.htm

AND... my husband, who is also losing weight, doesn't have the scale move for him unless he gets enough rest. SO... I'm going to plan to go to bed earlier tonight. :-)

brooke159 - I hope your therapist can give you help. I'm so glad that despite having the parents you did :cry: that you were able to marry a good man and that you're happy with him.

When you get closer to your goal weight, you probably will have men look at you with an appreciative eye. But if you don't smile at them or give them encouragement, they will leave you alone. You just walk with confidence, with your head up and looking ahead. Whether you are heavy or thin, there are always predators that you have to be on the lookout for. I haven't noticed that to be effected by being thin or pretty. It seems to be more about opportunity. And, men look at us whether we're heavy or not, pretty or not, etc. (Sorry if I'm rambling...)

I would truly love to see you succeed at this but I understand if you're not quite ready. When you know, feel free to share what advice your therapist gives.

Pam3 - Thanks for your post.
  • brooke159
    Options
    kristen - Thanks for your advice, encouragement & insight. I really appreciate it! I will see my therapist in 2 weeks & will be sure to share with you what I learn.

Congrats to all the losers...you're inspiring me to focus on my goals!
  • Vacationista
    Vacationista Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

So, I was suspicious about my old scales (depending on how you stood on them, you could get very different readings, like over a 10lb range). So, I bought a new scale - and it's really nice and digital and everything, - but now I weigh 5lbs more according to these scales. Uh oh. :embarassed:

So, my problem is - how do i do the challenge now? I didn't gain 5lbs, I just got new scales. Should I just add 5lbs to all my numbers (like my starting weight, my mini-goals, etc), or what? Please advise me.

Thanks for your thoughts!:tongue:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

So, I was suspicious about my old scales (depending on how you stood on them, you could get very different readings, like over a 10lb range). So, I bought a new scale - and it's really nice and digital and everything, - but now I weigh 5lbs more according to these scales. Uh oh. :embarassed:

So, my problem is - how do i do the challenge now? I didn't gain 5lbs, I just got new scales. Should I just add 5lbs to all my numbers (like my starting weight, my mini-goals, etc), or what? Please advise me.

Thanks for your thoughts!:tongue:

I think that would work out fine. :-)
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I have a feeling I gained this week. I've given into temptation too much and I can't exercise at all!! Dr's orders due to hip bursitis from running. The next 9 days won't go by fast enough.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I bought a new pedometer to start doing the 10,000 steps.
    Tried to get it to work but the battery kept missing signals.
    So back to Walmart to get another one. :grumble:

Good Luck on Monday everyone !!:bigsmile: