30 Day Shred

Options
Hi everyone!! Im farely new to MFP. I started training with a trainer on the 10th of January and he told me about this site. I am AMAZED at everyones success and stories. What i have noticed is that the 30 Day shred is a hit! I went and picked it up last night and would like to get started tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone would like to start with me and support one another. I will be incorporating it in between the nights i train with my trainer. Please let me know if you are interested and lets support one another!! :) Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work!!

Replies

• errickab24
    errickab24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just strated myself.. Do you want to be Friends and see how we do.. I as confused at first at how do you know when to move to the next level, has your trainer told you yet?
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to. My trainer doesn't know anything about it...hopefully someone on here can tell us..lol. Everyone on here seems very knowledgeable.
  • bubbleblower16
    Options
    Even though I have not done the 30 day shred (yet!) I know from reading the boards that you do each level for ten days, then move up. Good Luck! :smile:
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There are 3 levels, each of which is to be done for 10 days, and then you move up. This is dependent on your fitness level. Jillian does state in the DVD to move to the next level when you are ready. I have not been able to do all of the excercises/reps in Level 1 yet, but I am giving it my best effort. I plan on moving up to Level 2 once I am proficient at Level 1 - regardless of how long it takes me. If you are pushing yourself to give it your all, then you will see progress, regardless of the number of days it takes you. I try to concentrate on effort rather than time (I know, I know, sometimes we get impatient :) I have definitely seen results, even though I cannot yet do Level 1 the way it's presented, even after 2 weeks (I was in really bad shape, ha ha). As long as we're moving forward...
  • darcylind
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. Each day I can tell it is getting easier. I feel like I am ready to move up but not sure if I should wait the full 10 days or not. Add me if you like! Good Luck!! :)
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is funny you posted this. I was looking at the DVD and debating if I should start now or later well I'm good with doing it with someone too! I will start too! I know there is different levels but I'm going to try my best with moving up the levels.
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I'm super excited about this. I have a session with my trainer tonight, so i will begin the 30 day on Wed night. Im pumped that we have a support system. I know we are women and are struggling with our weight, so we just have to be patient and consistent......thats what i keep telling myself....i didn't gain this weight overnight....its been with me for as long as i can remember....i wish all the best!! :)
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I did day 1 level one this morning. SHoo it was defin a challenge. I couldn't do all the moves completely but thats something to look forward to. I usually do hour sessions at the gym so the 20 minutes seemed short. I mean not while i was doing it but i feel i should do more. I'm planning on going to the gym tonight to get some more exercise in, but not as intense as i usually do.
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started it last week but have had a 3 day break due to a nasty stomach flu. I will start again with you lovely ladies tomorrow!!! I love 30DS, it's brutal but i know when i wake up with sore achy muscles that I had a good workout the day before!
  • spollard40
    spollard40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just started it yesterday. Prior to this I had been going to the gym and doing cardio/strength training 3x week since the first of the year. It is HARD! It goes by pretty quickly, but be prepared to push yourself. I felt like I was going to stroke out yesterday, but today was a tad bit less painful. LOL

I'll be watching this post to see what you guys thought of it!
  • MOesmama
    MOesmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4. The first day nearly ended me, but it gets easier each time. Great workout! you will love (and hate) it.
  • sgedeon13
    sgedeon13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am interested in anything that will shock my body! I have been on a plateau and am so frustrated with not losing any weight. I joined MFP almost a week ago and weighed my self after a week and no weight loss. I box for a workout but need some other cardio techniques. What is the 30 day shred? where is it located?
  • dnagal
    dnagal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    count me in! I'm still on level 1 day 3..
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what equipment it requires and how much space ... If I have the space to do it count me in! I have heard good things from other people too!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i purchased it before christmas and have yet to use it. :( would love someone to do it with too! :)
  • kayde5056
    kayde5056 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I planned on starting this tonight....just not sure that 20 minutes is good...may do something else after.
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did the shred in November and finished on 12/27. Loved it. I'll try to paste the link below to my posted results.

Feel free to add me if you would like. We're all in this with the same goal....fit and healthy future.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/428296-30-day-shred-results?error_user_id=11973017&error_username=brushe
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    im on day 3 of level 1. really good n u do ache (good ache) the next day. wud defo like 2b friends. :)
  • LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You need enough space to perform push ups and a few traveling steps... an area six by six feet would probably do in a pinch. As for equipment, I literally used canned veggies as my weights, because I'm frugal [cheap] like that.

Level 1 will kill you at first. Level 2 is fun in comparison... and I can't advise on Level 3 because I gave up 17 days in due to other obligations. Getting ready to restart Feb 1. Good luck!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am in!! Will start tomorrow as well!! :) Had it sitting there but it now time to do something! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!