30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• KickingDarkness
    Options
    For those that asked where you can get it they sell it at walmart for like $10. I got mine at Best Buy on sale for $9.

I did day 5 today (of level 1). It is easier than it was the first day. I did days 1, 2, and 3 and then took a two day break. It took the two whole days for my muscle soreness to go away (mainly in my calves from jumping). I still can't do even girly pushups for the full 30 seconds, that's the hardest one for me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, on level 2 right now.
  • amiller1984
    Options
    I am downloading the video off of youtube right now but question is it something that I could write down the exercises and do them in a gym or does it really need to be done like at home? Bc if I have to do it at home ill never be able to commit to it 100%
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 30 Day Shred because of all the stories I heard on MFP. I got it on Amazon for $6.99. Great buy!!

I just finished Level 1 (Day 10) and tomorrow is my first day on Level 2. I already see results. I wish I had measured myself before I started this and that would probably be my only advice. Measure NOW and keep track. Because while I've lost a few pounds here and there, I can tell I've lost inches. I wish I knew my starting point to track my progress.

The first day of Level 1 killed me. I had to rest the next day. But after that, it got easier. I felt like I did really well with yesterday and today's workouts.

I hear Level 2 is brutal. I've read some stuff about the planks and the walking push up. LOL. What the hell did I get myself into? :)
  • Diosa71
    Options
    I've started doing the 30 day shred and I love it! Jillian is brilliant and she keeps it pretty simple. Its been 2 weeks and I've already noticed a change in my core area. For me that's the toughest part.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished with level 2. Y'all can add me if you like!
  • Janlyn51
    Options
    I would do 10 days of each level , if you want to divide it out in 30 days. If it gets too easy before the 10 days is up just do them 40 min instead of 20.
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    I literally just got done doing my 30 day shred workout like 5 minutes ago lol. I am on day 1 level 1 and i can definitely feel it. usually i got walking or tony little's gazelle edge and i have been doing great on it but i felt i needed to step it up more. It is great and i love it!!i hope you like it as much as i do :)
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just started again today for the 2nd time. I gave up to easily the first time. It is def. something that pushes you. So it's a love hate relationship. Glad to see so many people are doing it too!
  • majowie
    majowie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started it ... i just finished my second training. If you'd like you can add me and we can help each other to stay on track . =P
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3, day 5. IT is a great workout. I do advise taking measurements at the beginning. I haven't lost any weight (grrrrr....) BUT I have lost (at the end of level 2) 3.75inches from my mommy gut (below my waist), and I've dropped a clothes size, from a tight 16 to a comfy 14. I also-just this month--started my running program up again, so that may help with the weight loss. Best of luck to you all!
  • tiffk0789
    tiffk0789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred as well today! It's been hiding in our Dvd's and I finally dragged it back out to the light! :smile: Can't wait to see how it works for me and also for all you ladies!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to get the DVD this weekend:) you guys have inspired me! Are you all dieting while doing the 30DS? Or just watching what you eat?
    Me TOO! I feel like I'm not working hard enough at the gym and I haven't seen any real results yet. I'm in.
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    I just strated myself.. Do you want to be Friends and see how we do.. I as confused at first at how do you know when to move to the next level, has your trainer told you yet?

you should do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days

switching it up every 10 days keeps your muscles "guessing" and is the way you will get the most out of the 30 day shred.
  • treromano
    Options
    I'm in! I bought it last week from amazon. I was going to start it Feb 1, but will give it a go tomorrow. I run 3 days a week I can't imagine how I will do both but will give it a try.
  • Lyndzer
    Options
    Also keep in mind the 30 day shred is going to build up your muscle, so you may not see pounds lost on the weigh scale! I recommend measuring your inches in your arms & legs, waist and belly because this is where you are going to see the numbers go down!! I don't want you to be discouraged by the scale not changing/ possibly even going up
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday after reading so much about it on MFP. I did two days and then took the next day off because I was up all night with my daughter (stomach bug). It was really hard to walk down stairs but it got SO much better. I did D3 L1 yesterday and then did another 30 minute cardio dance tape. I had to sit with a heating pad on my shin and ankle for the next hour! Oh well, I feel much better today and am about to go do Day4!

Friend me if you want so we can compare notes and encourage each other. OR we can start a group!

Good Luck and hang in there!!
  • Lyndzer
    Options
    There are 3 levels, each of which is to be done for 10 days, and then you move up. This is dependent on your fitness level. Jillian does state in the DVD to move to the next level when you are ready. I have not been able to do all of the excercises/reps in Level 1 yet, but I am giving it my best effort. I plan on moving up to Level 2 once I am proficient at Level 1 - regardless of how long it takes me. If you are pushing yourself to give it your all, then you will see progress, regardless of the number of days it takes you. I try to concentrate on effort rather than time (I know, I know, sometimes we get impatient :) I have definitely seen results, even though I cannot yet do Level 1 the way it's presented, even after 2 weeks (I was in really bad shape, ha ha). As long as we're moving forward...

I am so happy you posted this! I am so out of shape and couldnt make it all the way through level 1, I also have athesma and a chest cold right now, which isnt helping me! Im glad you are still seeing results, I was worried I wouldnt because I couldnt go the full thing and I just keep thinking to myself "no matter how slow I go, Im still lapping everyone on the couch" I am hoping to build up to being able to keep up with the video :o) thanks for inspiring me!
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ive done lvl 1 for 12 consecutive days because i dont feel like im ready for lvl 2 just yet. i still cant go all the way down during pushups (not even the modified version) and i cant do the bicep curl/squats as far down as i would like during the 2nd circuit so im gonna give it a few more days. but what i do to "compensate" a little is use the weights *aka water bottles* during the cardio as well so i feel a little less guilty. im also doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video in conjunction to the 30DS, and i feel as though thats wiping me out a little too much or something because i feel like lvl 1 is getting harder! i did weigh myself today and even though ive been doing it for 12 days consecutively, i havent lost any weight. however, my arms feel slightly stronger and i notice my legs feel a lot firmer.

add me if you'd like...i need more MFP buddies, esp ones that are doing the shred as well! :happy:
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, i got mine from Walmart. I thought i would find it in the DVD/Electronic section, but its actually in the workout equipment/sporting goods section with all the yoga mats and stuff like that. Good luck ladies and gents and i CANT WAIT until we all do thsi together....blood, sweat and tears!!!! XOXO-Shauna
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!