What's your embarassing hobby?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• robertmcalaster
    Options
    I'm with the OP. Wrestling. Soooo a guilty pleasure. I've been watching since I was 5. When you get older and learn the scripted nature of it, you either say it's stupid, or you go my route and really delve into the different styyles and things like that. You appreciate it as a performance art. Oh well

Not everyone gets it. For me, it brings back memories of spending time with my dad. Last nights show was fantastic.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So I'm sure everyone has got some sort of hobby or ritual they love to do, and can't do without. I'm curious to see what other people's are.

For me...I can't go out on Monday nights...AT ALL...because I'm watching WWE Monday Night Raw. I know, it can be SO dumb, but that's my thing. My wife understands that she can talk to me during wrestling if she likes, and most of the time I'll respond, or at least acknowledge what she says, but I won't remember what I said later. She seems to be using that trick on me a lot lately...."So honey, are you going to do the dishes tonight?" "Yeah....yeah....of course....." *sigh* lol

LOL! I'm the same way. I get out of work at 8:30pm every night and I'm always racing home so I don't miss Monday Night Raw. Same thing with smackdown (even though I miss the first half of it..kills me a little inside, LOL).

My embarrassing hobby is word finds, LOL
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    I've got a few...I geo-cache/letterbox...a lot of people think thats for kiddies lol I also love reading manga heh
    I love geocaching!!!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my friends would say that all my hobbies are embarrassing or at least boring.

I like to follow my favorite band when they're on tour. All over Europe. It costs as much as a 3 week holiday in the Carribean, minus the comfort and relaxing but I loooove it. Most people don't understand and tell me I'm an idiot for spending money and vacation time on it when it's "the same show every night".

And I'm a total book worm, have my own book blog, take books everywhere, etc. Sadly, none of my friends love reading as much so the blog is my only outlet as everyone around me just rolls their eyes when I fangirl about books and authors.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    I knit. And write letters to my pen pals. And look for interesting recipes. I'm a grandma trapped in a 27 year old body..
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I collect my belly button lint and place it in a jar. So far I have a quart jar full. My goal is a gallon jar full. Maybe I'll start adding toe jam with it to help reach my goal.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hide down in my parents' basement and make ear wax figurines, then send them to the objects of my desire.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hide down in my parents' basement and make ear wax figurines, then send them to the objects of my desire.

I recieved mine yesterday.... But why does it look like Fonzie?

Aaaaayyyyy!! Coolamundo !!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options

I recieved mine yesterday.... But why does it look like Fonzie?

I'm so sad, I didn't get one :ohwell: :cry: I could have set it next to the belly button lint collection. It would have looked really nice there.
  • mkwoods89
    Options
    I haven't actually started doing it yet.. Winter decided to come when I discovered my soon to be embarassing hobby but..

Geocaching!! I mean really, what could be more fun than a grown-up treasure hunt?! Eeek, so excited! Haha.

And reality tv. Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, Bad Girls Club..

Oh, and all of those wedding shows like Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, My Fair Wedding!! :bigsmile:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I like to build models of famous ocean liners & warships.

Currently, I have RMS Titanic, SS United States, SS Oriana, IJM Yamato, and a Fletcher Class Destroyer (40" long, it's big!)

I want to add: SS Normandie, SS Canberra, Queen Mary 2

JM
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I collect celebrity toenail clippings and sell them on e-bay.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I'm not sure if mine should be embarrassing or not, as I don't embarrass very easily. :laugh:

I like:

painting
    reading
    sewing
    scrapbooking
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    I collect celebrity toenail clippings and sell them on e-bay.

Lol, and ewwww :)