P90X Grouop to Finish the Year Strong

Options

Replies

• smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in a Kenpo mood today, so I slipped in a TurboFire HIIT30 workout. This was the first time seeing this one and it killed me. I forgot how fast-paced the HIIT workouts can be. There is always a bi of a learning curve the first time you see a TurboFire workout, so my calorie burn probably cold have been higher. Plus, I hadn't done a TurboFire workout since November. I'll have to add it to my rotation if it doesn't kill me.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today was kenpo, it's the last day of week 11! Almost there!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I didn't take a rest day because I'm behind in the program and I feel good and want to get it finished! Today I did Chest, shoulders and triceps and ab ripper x!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started P90x Lean program on December 7th, so I'm not too far behind, but I just found this thread.

So far so good, I have done this like clockwork every day since. Yes, it was tough starting before the holidays. The diet wasn't so great, but I think I'm back on track. I have been maintaining for over a year and a half, so this is sort of a fitness-challenge for me to get stronger, as opposed to wanting to lose weight. I took my pictures after 30 days, and didn't see any real changes so far, but I'm told the changes mostly happen towards the end of phase 2 and into phase 3......

I am a little bummed this week though--on Friday I have to go away on a trip for 4 days, and so will have to break my consecutive streak. Have any of you stopped for a few days and then started again? I'm wondering how/if this will slow me down when I get home. I may try to double up on Thursday before I leave, so I don't have to come home to Chest/Triceps after a 4 day break.....yoga might be more my speed that day. But I am not sure I could stand a double.

Anyway, if you don't mind another member, I'd love to join in.

take care and good luck everyone!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    Today was back and biceps! I was so tired at the end my legs felt wobbly! Only 9 more workout to go!
  • smpreston
    Options
    I had a big breakfast, so I opted for a run at Cardio X this afternoon. It felt good to do actually. I could have sat there in the recliner, but getting that 40 something minutes of exercise in made the day much nicer.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    Today I started my last recovery week! Only 5 more workouts to go! :happy:
  • smpreston
    Options
    Day 50 - Yoga X2

It's Recovery Week, so I get Yoga twice along with a couple sessions of Core Syn. My Yoga was excellent today. I held Warrior Three and its variants really well. I even snagged Crane on my second trip for 20 seconds. I got into Wheel for ten seconds or so.

Momma - That is so exciting to hear! What do you have planned next? Insanity? P90X2? TurboFire? Chocolate Cake? :)
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    Sometimes I really hate being a girl :ohwell: I got through core this morning but it wasn't fun, on the bright side, only 4 workout left!

I will be starting Turbo fire next! I'm really excited! I am slightly concerned about learning the moves, I think I'm going to start out with the prep schedule at least for a few weeks! I have been watching the DVD's and they look super fast! I'm hoping that I will have enough coordination!! It looks like a lot of fun and completely different from P90X which is what I need because I tend to get bored easily!
  • smpreston
    Options
    If you did P90X, then you can skip the prep schedule. Learning the moves does take some time, but you will get the hang of it. They do have a "New to Class" option on the Fire workouts where she shows you the moves before each section. However, it does add 5-10 minutes to each program. You only need it once or twice before you get the hang of it. You may still lag behind on the moves, but you will get them. The HIIT workouts are explained during the rest periods. They are a lot easier to learn and very intense. I love them.

Again, start right up with the Normal Schedule and do not worry about the prep. It is really meant for those that are not in shape for it rather than those just wanting to learn the moves.

No workout for me today as it is a scheduled rest day for my second recovery week. I'll try and slip a Cardio X or HIIT workout in later today though and I do hate sitting still.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm excited to get started on it!
    I did X stretch today and it felt great! Only 2 days left!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm here because I can relate. I completed a round of P90X and Insanity last year, and today I am on week 3 day 4 of round 2 of P90X.

My 1st round I stayed exactly on with the schedule; no cutting workouts short except I never did the alms at the end of Yoga X.

This time around I am focusing on doing the strength training and ARX days, only 1 hour of the yoga dvd (more if time allows), and on the cardio days will either do Plyo, Turbo Fire (Fire 30 and HIIT 25, or whatever combo to make an hour), or Zumba.

I know you guys started back in November and are about to finish up, but if this thread continues I would love to be a part of it.
  • smpreston
    Options
    Day 54 - Core Synergistics

I did fairly well on Core Syn this morning. I'm still not 100% on Plank to Chaturanga Runs and Plank to Chaturanga Iso, but I'm getting there. I dropped my weights a hair on the evil Lunge Combo move and that really helped me make sure I was using the correct form. I'll up the weight next time to see if I can handle it.

I'm also happy to see that BeachBody has finally come out with updated workout sheets that actually include one for Core Synergistics. It's nice not having to remember what I did on these workouts since they are a few weeks apart.
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I'm finished!!! WHOO HOO!!! :happy:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

Awesome!! Congratulations! How do you feel??? Do you know what you are doing next?

I just hit Day 45 yesterday....halfway done!!
  • MommaFuhrer
    Options
    I feel great!!! I'm doing Turbo fire next!

Great job being half way! Keep it up!
  • smpreston
    Options
    Day 58 - Plyo

I finally managed to suck it up and get plyo in. My throat is still sore, but I needed to get the workout in. I did the entire thing, albeit a bit slower than normal. I got a slight bit dizzy towards the end of the different run squat moves. My calorie burn was 896, about 50-100 less than normal for this workout. I'm glad I got it done. My post workout smoothie feels really good on my throat too.

Momma - Congrats on making it all the way through. I'm sure you'll enjoy TurboFire.
  • smpreston
    Options
    Day 59 - Shoulders and Arms, ARX

I got progressively sicker as the day wore on. But, I charged ahead and did my workout. I don't think I could have done Plyo, but S&A will worked with a runny nose. I seemed to match or slightly exceed my Week Three numbers, so that was good. My arms don't get as sore as they do during Back and Biceps, but they do get a workout I still don't like the Flip Grip Twist move since I can't seem to figure out if I'm doing it right or keeping my upper arms straight. ARX was good and despite doing it all these times, I still feel the challenge of the moves. I did get all 50 Mason Twists in with a slight break at 40.

I tried my first King Cake of the season today, but that was a flop. It was an Emeril recipe I never have luck with. I guess I'll go back to a different one that works. I plan on trying out a smaller personal-sized King Cake this year,so there will be some experiments going on in the kitchen. They aren't health food, so they will probably end up as gifts for the neighbors.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic.
  • o0oAliciao0o
    Options
    I haven't read this whole thread but I also would really like to do P90X. The stupid things that are mentally holding me back from giving it 100% as opposed to 75% - I have to take my bedroom door off to put up the chin up bar. I like my bedroom door :P Also 6-7 days a week is a huge commitment and I like doing some running outside or on the treadmill and if I were doing 6 days a week of P90X I don't think I would have enough energy for that.

For medical (ie surgery) reasons I think I can start the earliest on Feb 1st. I am hoping I have enough motivation to do so.

Feel free to add me anybody - maybe just include in your friend request that you are adding me for the P90X challenge so I know where you're coming from.