Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I was born in Paris at the military base. My dad met my mom there. So I am half french and half canadian but I was raised in the U.S.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Canadian born, english, scottish, french, dutch, german, algonquin bred, lol
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Half Cuban and half Italian. I am the first born AMerican in my family
  • CoachDMarz
    Options
    Chicagoan till Chicago Ends !

Mom is mexican and native american ... dad is italian.
  • Joyja1075
    Joyja1075 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    100% pure Thai. I was born in Thailand, raised in Washington DC and moved to Canada when I got married.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    I was born in Alaska. But have lived in Kansas for a long time. I am like 90% German and 10% Scottish. lol.
  • sasi7997
    Options
    I am half Hungarian from my mother. She came to the States when she was about 2. My dad, has always claimed himself as a mutt and/or American, too many things to actually know. My dad has done his family tree about 200-300 years, though, I do know Jesse James is somewhere in there.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    Oh and my family didnt come to America until WW2 because my great great grandma was Jewish. So her and my Christian great great grandpa came to America. Then he went back as a chaplain.
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am 101% Indian(East Indian) :bigsmile:

Not much Indians here.
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd say that I'm Celtic for the most part as I'm Welsh born and moved back here some 16 years ago to the beautiful North Wales coast. My maternal grandfather was English, but my other three grandparents and both my parents were Welsh and that goes back through the generations.I have a typical Celt body - short and stocky!
    I married an English man - he calls me his Welsh dragon :happy:
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm Irish, from Ireland.

No idea about background, I'm sure there's probably some British blood mixed in there somewhere but we wouldn't be acknowledging that!

We don't really do 'heritage' much here. Everyone just calls themselves Irish. We've had a pretty homogeneous society though which is only becoming more multicultural recently so maybe in the future people will identify as polish-irish, african irish etc.

Always find it fascinating that people identify themselves as everything but american a lot online.
  • PaganLee
    Options
    I was born in Paris, where I live now. My dad is from West indies (Guadeloupe) and my mom is half french and Arawak.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I am French, Northern German, and English. My paternal and maternal grandmas spoke and sang in French to my cousins and me. My paternal Grandfather sang in German. My maternal grandfather didn't say or sing much of anything-- he was a British naval officer and kept a stiff upper lip. :P
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pakistani