I'm craving burgers- HELP!

Options
12346»

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Spicy Teryaki Turkey Burger!! Ok, I know it's not beef but you could substitute 93/7

Take ground meat substance of your choosing and smash in ground (or freshly grated) ginger, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, sriracha and thick teryaki sauce (I make my own but you can use whatever). Becareful with the sauce you don't want to go too crazy or ther burgers won't hold together.

Form it into patties and let it sit for a little while- I like to let it warm up a little so that it cooks evenly through.

Fire up your favorite nonstick skillet (add a little cooking spray if it's not as nonstick as it should be). When the pan's hot drop the burgers on- cook through on both sides.

I like to garnish this little doozy with a grilled pineapple ring and some sliced avacado.

Personally I forgo the bun but if you're inclined I'd throw this little puppy on a whole grain toasted bun of some sort.

:drinker:
  • lizzieollie
    Options
    I actually just ate a mushroom swiss lean ground beef burger, no bun it was very satisfying.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ground sirloin, better than standard ground beef in both fat and taste.

Many times I find some cheap cuts of steak that is cheaper per pound than ground beef either due to the sell by date or whatever... I snatch these up and put them in the meat grinder attachment on the kitchen aid.
  • Ljohnscv
    Ljohnscv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Jennie-O turkey burger (the savory season one). Grill some onions and mushrooms and top the burger with it. Yum!!!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ever try bison meat? Very lean.... very beefy....... available at a Wegman's Supermarket if you have one near you.

^^^THIS!!!

I would just about kill for a bison burger. They are VERY tasty!
  • dr4m4qu33n
    Options
    If you have to have beef use the lean stuff and maybe mix in a some ground turkey to. Homemade turkey burgers can be really really good to!! If you use lean beef add something to put a little moisture in like Worcestershire sauce, squirt of ketchup, steak sauce, mustard, a combination of those. Also grated onion is nice, you get more onion juice out of it than just chopping it. Someone else suggested bison.... I LOVE a good bison burger!! Salsa is a good addition to, or even as a topping. I like to make a simple onion relish. Grilled onions, grilled green onions, salt, pepper, herbs if you like, and a good splash of vinegar. Avocado or guac is good on a buger, also some light cheese if you want. Healthy burgers can be really really good to!!! Good luck!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have the real thing from 5 guys but I work it into my day.

^^^THIS TOO!!!

Nothing beats a nice, hot, juicy burger from 5 Guys. YUMMMMMMM :)
  • Knickole27
    Knickole27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use ground chicken then I season it, add fresh spinach, onions and grated parmesan cheese and bake them in the oven. Tasty...
  • Candikickbutt
    Candikickbutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It won't be as juicy, but use a leaner ground beef like 93/7

^^^This, make your own with 93/7. Find a good low carb 0 fat marinade and it can be as good as you can have outside.

I agree, a marinade works. I've added minced onion and garlic to my 93/7 ground beef, with a light olive oil vinaigrette and lemon juice marinade. Delish.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    McDouble with no bun, $1
    240 cal, 18g protein, 5g carb
    6769208599_9f02fa4f80.jpg
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Eat it and burn it afterwards, that's the best way to end up with your craving!:D
  • amiles21693
    Options
    I do a 50/50 with turkey and ground beef. Then throw in some chopped up onions. Its SO good. I actually think the ground turkey tastes better than ground beef. Maybe it holds seasoning better, idk, but it was great!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I love portabella burgers, personally. :)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you want one, then have one, it's okay to have things u crave once in awhile, just don't have the fries and soda with it..........
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do turkey burgers on a george forman griil and put sweet onions inside