Any Metal/Hardcore/Punk/Rockabilly fans in here?

Options

Replies

• kellyhogg
    kellyhogg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say folk metal is my fave metal genre. Love some Finntroll!
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    I love his voice! So....powerful and strong and yet, ethereal. I got introduced to them through this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts19Nn-xyGs VOLBEAT - " I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU"

I mean....how can you NOT love it? To me it's almost like Psychobilly feeling...
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Might as well list some bands I currently have on my phone
    Iced earth, Mastodon, Slayer, Disturbed, Alter bridge, Dream evil, Dream theater, Kamelot, Sonata arctica, Dragonforce, Alestorm, Alice in chains, Chevelle, Apocalypt ica, cynic, edguy, finger eleven,Metallica, motley, nirvana, rage, ratm, shinedown, tool, trapt
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    My name says it all.
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Tiger Army
    Horrorpops
    Nekromantics
    The CreepShow
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Korn, Pantera, White Zombie, Skid Row, KISS, Dream Theater, Metallica, Nightwish, WIthin Temptation, Static X, System of a Down, Cobra, Rancid, Flogging Molly, Last Resort, Manowar, Combat 84, condemned 84, Queensryche, Mercyful Fate, Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Social Distortion, Dropkick Murphys, Kittie, Slipknot, Godsmack, Soulfly, Coal Chamber, Reverend Horton Heat.........

and so many more !!!!!!!!

as long as its not RAP

IM GAME!
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    cookie monster music ;) ---> Oh, I am using this from now on.....so true...

I like rockabilly too. Ever heard of Three Bad Jacks?

I have not heard of the band itself, yet. I youtubed them, and I must admit that music like this is what I've been looking for. Not quite total screaming metal - but with hard rock influence. I looked up "Rockabilly" a few months ago, in search of new music, (I need SOME variety from Metallica and such), and Wikipedia tried to tell me that Rockabilly died in 1980 with Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love".
  • Bradyns
    Bradyns Posts: 22
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with all the GWAR posts!!! Nicest bunch of guys!
    As far as rockabilly/psychobilly, no one tops The Cramps!!!
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    My name says it all.

Nice Tattoo
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    I am definitely a hard rock/ metal fan, always have been really. Now that I have heard of such bands as In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage, and my new favorite, Volbeat. And I have always liked Dream Theater, whatever you would classify them. I do NOT, however, like Scream-o. Whatever that is - that all sounds the same.

I also find myself appreciating more rockabilly and anything -abilly in my older years. I WISH they did have a workout for metal. That would be very cool.

Volbeat! I find the voice so different sounding...but I like it.

I love his voice! So....powerful and strong and yet, ethereal. I got introduced to them through this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts19Nn-xyGs VOLBEAT - " I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU"

I mean....how can you NOT love it? To me it's almost like Psychobilly feeling...
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    \m/ ROCK ON \m/
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Between the buried and me...that's all I have to say.

Love metal and math rock and anything with heavy synths.

Hit me up if you do to :)
  • xsimplytwistedx
    xsimplytwistedx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nothing pumps more then high intensity blast beats and a technical guitar riff or strum of the bass to get a good burn going. I'm into it all from rock to pschobilly.if anybody has any bands they wanna suggest friend me and let me know. Mfp and metal good together lol.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    ME (: My boy friend got me hooked on the misfits, social distortion, and tons of other punk bands! I also love flogging molly and the drop kick murphys!
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Atlast, I've been waiting ages for a this post. There are so many good bands that are hidden from the mainstream it is impossible to name them all. Can't understand why society enjoys the talentless waste of Rap and R&B.

There's; A Day To Remember, Abacinate, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Abigail Williams, Atreyu, The Acacia Strain, Architects, Across Five Aprils, As Blood Runs Black, After The Burial, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Alesana, Alexisonfire, Asking Alexandria, All Shall Perish, All That Rermains and Avenged Sevenfold... And thats just the ones beginning with A!!!!!!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Atlast, I've been waiting ages for a this post. There are so many good bands that are hidden from the mainstream it is impossible to name them all. Can't understand why society enjoys the talentless waste of Rap and R&B.

There's; A Day To Remember, Abacinate, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Abigail Williams, Atreyu, The Acacia Strain, Architects, Across Five Aprils, As Blood Runs Black, After The Burial, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Alesana, Alexisonfire, Asking Alexandria, All Shall Perish, All That Rermains and Avenged Sevenfold... And thats just the ones beginning with A!!!!!!

Good taste in music =]
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Might as well list some bands I currently have on my phone
    Iced earth, Mastodon, Slayer, Disturbed, Alter bridge, Dream evil, Dream theater, Kamelot, Sonata arctica, Dragonforce, Alestorm, Alice in chains, Chevelle, Apocalypt ica, cynic, edguy, finger eleven,Metallica, motley, nirvana, rage, ratm, shinedown, tool, trapt

:heart:

Dream Theater are one of my favorite bands. Not too keen on their most recent stuff, but everything up to Black Clouds and Silver Linings was epic.

Love most power metal, prog metal, metalcore. (LOVE As I Lay Dying - so psyched they are on Mayhem Fest this year with Slayer and Slipknot. Looking forward to wearing my As I Lay Dying shirt to the show - which I haven't been able to fit in in awhile.) :)

I like some punk - Misfits (with Michale Graves), Sex Pistols, even some Rancid. Hubby is in a Punk band.

Glad to see there are other metalheads around here.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Huge metal fan here! I just saw Judas Priest a couple months back. I am going to see Iced Earth/Symphony X in March. Megadeth/Motorhead/Lacuna Coil are coming in a couple weeks. I also love bands like Opeth, Katatonia, Kamelot, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Dio, Mastodon, Tool, Meshuggah, and on and on. Plus I am big into classic rock and hard rock too.

I've always wished I could end up with a girl who had similar tasted in music so we could go to shows together and stuff like that. :)

Metal fans out there, feel free to add me!

-Brian
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    Im a massive GREEN DAY & BLINK 182 fan, Travis Barker is amazing!
    I find Marily Manson great for working out as it normally has a great pace and rythm!