Why does it seem so many people on this site are so angry an

Options

Replies

• kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think people are generally very defensive about losing weight. Probably because everyone claims to have the "right" answers. When you are dedicating yourself and working hard on a personal weight loss plan, you can feel very vulnerable to criticism. I think the anger stems from insecurity and fear of doing the wrong thing in their weight loss. Everyone wants to be doing it "right".
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've been crabby lately, but I think it's because I'm not getting as much booty as I deserve. Just saying :noway:

306px-Paume_de_main.jpeg

Give yourself a hand.

Ha! It all boils down to not being fed properly. Whether their appetite is for food, sex, or drama.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I dont think they are getting enough fiber in their diet.....they must be backed up with S**T
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    You're right to a degree....if you set aside the net trolls, then yeah, there's really no reason to be upset. However, what gets irritating is that first there are too many repeats of the same question, topic, etc (hey is 800 cals a day good for you? should I eat my exercise calories back?). Then you have a lot of myths, fads, and topics that really should be discussed and discarded.....forever (no pain no gain, diet pills are really the way to go, my juice diet is great). I've been on this a few years and can say that I find it frustrating for new people to be inadvertently given a bunch of garbage information as to how dieting works, or people's lessons learned that don't apply to everybody....frankly it gets old. Lastly, I think it's because you're in a forum where anyone can say what they want to say (within moderated reason), so there's really no recourse for being a smart *kitten*, a twit, a hard nosed jerk, or basically an angry mfp'er

angermanagementbirds.jpg
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I know that people are angry and want to vent but everyone needs some positive support on here. Maybe instead of venting in the forum try a blog. Although I do think that the seasonal depression thing might be making a difference as well.

Can't we all just get along!!! (feeling a little hippyish today) :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    ******* I have been on this site since 2008 and it started out great. What bothers me is that (I hope I don't offend people) the atmosphere here has changed. It's no longer constructive criticism at times it's down right rude and hurtful. I have seen it and tried to stay quiet about it. It's really bothersome. There is a way to get your point across with having some sort of heart for the person your saying it too. It shouldn't matter if someone CAN'T SPELL or use the BEST GRAMMAR. We are all here to support, motivate and obtain a goal not to beat each other down, that's what the outside world has been doing which is why people came here to begin with.
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. I'm assuming everyone is calorie deprived and cranky. lol....
  • Brittfig08
    Options
    We are all hungry...

Take food away and we get cranky!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We're either hungry, sore, we feel fat or too bony (depending on goals, etc), we've already been snickered at or laughed at in our real world lives so we come on the forums to vent and be bi tchy "anonymously".
    Or someone is bashing our body type, for example, "women under 110 are emaciated and gross". I'd put in another example but that isn't as....accepted....:huh:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    This is a legit question and it's not just to those being rude and crude. [ ] Anyways the difference alone from then and is crazy on how much angrier and whiny people in general seem to be on this site. [ ] I don't want things to be just cheery but there is just a lot more whining overall going on lately.

Vicious circle. Whining makes some people reply with snarky remarks, their snark creates further whining.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    We are all hungry...

I've seen some people's diaries, they aren't hungry.

Ouch!! :noway:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    this is amusing to me :laugh:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I think people are generally very defensive about losing weight. Probably because everyone claims to have the "right" answers. When you are dedicating yourself and working hard on a personal weight loss plan, you can feel very vulnerable to criticism. I think the anger stems from insecurity and fear of doing the wrong thing in their weight loss. Everyone wants to be doing it "right".

nicely put
  • holladaydiane
    Options
    I'm new to this, and i'm so excited.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    I love how people say it is because you are hungry....are you eating?!?!!? I have had plenty to eat on this plan and the success is in eating to refuel your body and not starving to see big numbers. If you are eating less to see big numbers...be prepared to add a topic soon on plateauing. This is a lifestyle change and you can't starve yourself your whole life!!! Or maybe you just need to eat more protein. Either way...this plan does not starve you.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    2mmbllx.jpg
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    We are all hungry...

LOL

I think it's like any other site. People sometimes think their way is the *only* way
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    We are all hungry...

LMAO!!!
  • wannabehealthy1980
    Options
    We are all hungry...

That's what I was going to say! LOL. Hungry people can be realllllly cranky.

^^ I agree! lol......and I love your goggles btw!

Funny how I was always told Fat people are Jolly, but I never was :)
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster on this one, I have really noticed a big shift in the last 6 months in everyone's responses and attitudes on the forums, its like everyone is trying to be the 1st person with a snotty or snide comment. I think everyone should remember the rule "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". That being said, obviously there are sometimes where the OP wants an honest answer or in the debate group, where a nice debate is what we are looking.
This discussion has been closed.