T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    losingit4good-thanks for you advice. I am still torn between eating the exercise calories. I am not doing that yet. I am happy with my results so far. I am wondering how I will do things while on my vacation. Luckily I am staying with Sheila and she is eating healthy so I can stay on track.

Well, thats cool! Maybe while your on vacation with Sheila, she can give you more guidance on what to eat, how much and when. As for the exercise calories, I dont know how to convince you to eat them but most of us here eat all if not most of them and have havent had any trouble with the weight coming off.
    You have to keep things fueled up so they work efficiently and if you arent getting enough of something then it can actually work against you.

In fact, when I started messing with eating less of them, my weight loss slowed down, stopped and it took a good month for me to get it going again. The big difference for me was eating more, which I was paranoid to do, but it worked! I still dont eat every little calorie that my nutritionist wants me to. They had me at about 2500 calories a day with exercise to lose 1lb a week and I just cant eat that many. So, I eat 1450+ my exercise calories and Im dropping it again. Some days I eat them all, some days I dont. It just depends on how hungry I am. But I definitely eat my base of at least 1450 each day which is pretty easy to stay inside of even when I dont work out.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Busy week at work, just wanted to check in and say hello. I just got back from walking the dog and I need to ice my foot and start getting ready for bed. I've been overly hungry for some reason this week....I feel like I want to eat everything I see! :noway:
    I didn't get to catch up on the posts but will try to get that done tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good week! Night!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    good Evening Team,

Just wanted to tell you about my day...I went to the dr.'s and he has a monitor on me for 24 hours, and I have to go next Tues for Echo ultrasound and EKG, then On Wed morning I have to go get a a colonoscopy!!! ewe ewe!!! well he want to rule out everything since I had some blood in my stool yesterday.. Needless to say I have this monitor on me and its hard to hold my grandson I am enjoying him being her and my son!! Thanks everyone for keeping me together when I was so sad... I will post a picture of me and my grandson soon as my computer is back.. he is crawling and pulling him self up already.. he is just growing like a weed!! my youngest swam in the pool today.. she was excited...

Indiana - When ever your ready to come up for a visit your more then welcome to come up we have a spare room so you can stay the night or if you dont feel comfey my hubby works pt at holiday inn and he can get a room for cheep..so that is a few opptions... I have known April since 7th grade..she sat behind me and I turned around and ask her where she lived and if she wanted to walk home together .. and we have been friends ever sicne.. Then she had to Move far away to NC!!! so I am looking forward to seeing her again after soo very long... we got reunited by her finding my son on Myspace and sending him a message and asking if his mothers name is sheila!!!

Kristi - Missing all your long posts!!! what are you up too...

I just wanted to day that I am smiling again... Thanks Team... for keeping my spirts up....

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just a quick blurb from me...I want to echo what LI4G said about not going way under with your calories. Part of the reason why I gained weight in the first place...I was sick for about 6 weeks, and food turned my stomach. For the first week, I lost about 5 pounds. (Underweight at that point.)
    After that, I maintained for a week or two, but by the end of 6 weeks, of barely eating, I'd put on 10 pounds!
    I'd played havoc with my metabolism...
    What you hear and read is true...If you don't eat enough, your metabolism goes into "starvation" mode...and you won't lose any weight. It comes to a screeching halt. When that happens, if you start to eat a little bit, your metabolism wants to hang onto the calories. Keep the fat, because it thinks you need to store it up to survive. So you gain weight like crazy.
    So...The trick is to get as close as you can to your calorie limit...and eat most of the exercise calories.
    Like LI4G said, you need to keep fuelling your body...steadily...and your metabolism will kick into high gear and burn those calories off.
    Don't let your mind trick you into thinking that eating, in general, is bad. Even when we're trying to lose weight, we should feel full after we eat. It's not about how much we eat...It's about what we eat.
    Okay. That's my input.
    Good night all...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Groan... just got back from Sweet Tomatoes. We didn't feel like cooking, I had forgotten to thaw anything out. I'd been against going there because I figured our 3 little boys wouldn't eat much - but they loved the raw veggies and different things, and our son with the eating disorder (i.e. doesn't like much) cleaned his plate completely! That never happens! So we're definitely going there again! I logged everything I ate, went over by 540, but in reality I have a 750 calorie deficit so I didn't go OVER over, just won't lose any weight if I do that too often. So I learned... you can have the muffins (love their blueberry and chocolate muffins) OR you can have the apple cobbler with ice cream yogurt... but you can't have BOTH. And I was eating and running around getting stuff for the boys and didn't realize how much I was eating...ate waaaaayyyyy more than I should have, I feel way overstuffed. Next time, I'll make hubby do more running around so I can pay more attention to what I'm eating. I would have one thing on a plate, then go grab another thing on the plate, when you have little bits here and there you don't realize how much it adds up to being. I am so full, I don't feel well. So I learned my lesson. Good news is though even when you eat everything in sight at Sweet Tomatoes... it's still hard to gain weight eating there, LOL!!

Speaking of eating your calories... when I wasn't (because the machines at the gym were half or less of what I was actually burning) I was always hungry, I felt terrible, I was tired and cold all the time... once I got my HRM and could be more accurate on what I was burning, I felt better and the weight started coming off again. And that's even being as big as I am, where usually you can get away with more than a smaller person. So definitely eat your exercise cals back, at least to the point where you are full for the day and have eaten 1200 + your exercise cals minimum for the day...
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Dang, I took in 1600 calories and its late. Can't justify more. I'm actually full. I still have almost 2000 calories left over. I don't know if I believe my calories on the HRM. Will eat more tomorrow.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Checking in tonight. Ate steak and salad for supper but was too full to jog tonight. I walked briskly for 48 minutes instead. Hopefully I can do couchto5K again tomorrow. I think my body was in starvation mode last week becasue I too wanted to eat everything in site. TRYING to get my body back into burning fat but feel tired/sluggish from all the extra food the last several days.

Give me a few more exercise days and I will be feeling better :drinker: :drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Prayerful - just thinking about you and wondering how you're doing with the graduation behind you now? Hope you are doing well and that there is more joy than sorrow:flowerforyou:

And seriously?? 2000 cals LEFT OVER?? Wowser!

Healthymom - thanks for the warning ~ AND for the wake up call. You know, I raised my cals a couple of months ago because I was feeling lethargic and overall yucky - but have definately felt better since I increased them to 1500. So yeah, that means I just have to move more.:grumble:

Indiana - You don't have to actually hit me with the slipper, just wave it in my general direction:bigsmile: I am doing better - yesterday worked in the yard alllllll day - definately a workout! And today I walked away the pounds with Leslie Sansone's dvd. Good on cals too...

Adopt4 -If the Vegas thing happens, I wanna do something really physical and adventurous: A guided hike in the canyons or a rafting trip or something like that:bigsmile:

Anita - You can do the six weeks - breathe, breathe.... we're right here... And just think of the financial relief these turn-arounds can bring...

Kristiiiiiiii where are youuuuuuuuu?

Night peeps:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Lulu... if we do vegas I can think of 2 spots that are good for hiking right off the top of my head and I know how to get there so I would be totally game!!! The first is Red Rock Canyon and the second is Zion National Park.

I have some amazing photos from both places up on my photo site so if you wanna check it out here ya go... http://cjsimageshop.photoreflect.com

Both can be done in day trips. Red Rock is about 45 minutes from the strip and Zion is a couple hours away but TOTALLY worth the drive. Another good place if you like the desert is the Valley of Fire...simply to awesome!

Altho, I mentioned that we were tossing around the idea of going and Morgolis says he wont let me go with just the girls. :grumble: He says he likes Vegas too much and I cant go without him... so Im a bit mad about that. I'd let him go if it were a guys thing....:angry:
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Good morning team. I am still hanging in there. I am still a bit confused on this whole process but all I know is it is coming off. I think my body has realized that hey she is not going to starve me and it doing what is is supposed to. I am getting ready to go to work and burn some more calories. My energy is still through the roof.

Sheila- I am now extremely worried about you. Was the blood in your stool black or red? Well just do what the Dr says. I am glad you got to see Landon and I knew if would all work out.
    The official date is Monday July 13-Monday July 20th. Of course we are going to Cedar Point on the 14th. I am still in hope of you meeting us there. Hope to talk sooon.

Thanks ladies for all the support and advice..
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am so proud of you all! You are doing awesome!!!

I haven't posted in ages, part of the reason being that I'm not at home, so no scale to use on Friday mornings. Judging for my trousers, I must have lost some pounds, though! Hope to have good news to share soon :).

Once again, you are all AMAZING!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! How is everyone? I've been in trainings this past two days and still had a full work day after, so its been 14 hour days at work for me. I am too old for this stuff! I've done a pretty good job eating, I think, considering its difficult to know about portion sizes when you are eating out. One day, the trainer took my boss and I out and treated us to sushi, which is a downfall of mine. Prolly had too much rice. And, since we had that terrible staff retreat on Saturday, I haven't had any real exercise since Thursday or Friday of last week. So, this morning, I am grumpy and sort of out of sorts. But, no time like the present to get back on track, right? So, here I am. Gotta get some breakfast and exercise before heading back to work. I have only read the last few posts, so I need to go back and catch up on what everyone is doing.

Dewdrop, so good to see you again! We have had this amazingly wet spring for Utah, and it reminds me of Europe. So unusually green and lush for us. Its nice to hear from you! Don't be a stranger.

All the rest of you all, I am hoping I am going to be back to a quasi normal schedule and will be posting more, because I really need this. It helps me be focused. Love you guys. Take care!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Team

I have wonderful news to share today. - Surprise Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I accidentally step on the scale this morning - sorry and although I won't share the pounds losts I will share this - I TODAY AM OFFICIALLY IN THE OVERWEIGHT CATERGORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I With everything going on and not getting in much exercise, I don't know how this is happening but I am just going to try and take advantage and hope it don't come back. I did sorry to say changed my ticker this time only but will make sure to change it if things differ on Friday. I am g
    going to try to not let it go up. I am just .2 under so got some work to do by Friday

Sheila - I am so happy for you. Glad to hear you got to see your grandson and son. Hope things went well.

Anita - where are you girl? Missing your posts.

Dewdrop - nice to read your post

Adopt4 - glad you had a good family time out.

Prayerfulmom - wow to 2000 calories left. WTG

Healthymom - good supper and got your walk in.

Kristi - hoping things settled down for you soon and you can get back to normal

Well I GOT TO GO EAT THE EXERCISING BE BACK LATER.

LI4G - planning on checking your website out this weekend. I can't wait to do that.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team...

I am doing pretty good this morning, although I still feel alittle sleepy...My pill will kick in soon...well I cant believe how great my night went.. I cooked some kabobs chicken with red yellow orange pepers some onion and pinapple on them.. of coarse everyone ate the meat and left me the veggies!!! so I ate all the peppers and onion and pinapple I did get a few peices of meat...LOL..Guess what it was so nice that My son said he wanted to come back tonight and spend the night..since he has to work this weekend!! so I am happy about that.. I did take a few pictures.. even though it hard to hold my grandson cuz he was pulling on my leads from the monitor!!! curious little one!!! I really enjoyed my night..

I think Vegas sound great we should work out the Date that would be great for everyone who wants to go.. I can get a screen made so we can have matching T-shirts for while we are there!!! for when we go on our adventures!!! or when we all meet up... Just an Idea...

Lisa - how far do you live from Hillsdale Michigan?? That is about 2 hours west from me..Hope all is well with you.. talk to you soon..

LuLu - glad to see your getting back on track..just keep it going...rafting trip sound cool I have always wanted to do somthing like that...

prayerfull - wow thats alot of extra calories left...sounds like me before vacation!!!

Li4g - If the men want to come.. we can let them hang out together !!! and us women can do what we want...LOL

Healthymom- good luck on the couch to 5K today...

Kristi - where are you??? I am coming for you!!! hopefully your working out!! trying to win that contest!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April - everything is going to be okay with me...I have lots of Dr. Appts for the next two weeks..and I am going to be seeing you in about 4 weeks!!! yippie

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning...

This is a rest day for me. I need it, since the next two days involve doctor appointments...
    Trying not to let my sister's comments get under my skin...again. Any time there's mention of fibromyalgia, she starts harping on and on, telling me I should take an exercise class, walk more...
    It doesn't matter how many times I tell her that I can't "exercise" this away, she still goes off on her tangent. In the case of fibromyalgia, the pain receptors in the brain work overtime, so if I get a slight cramp or muscle tension, it immediately goes into full-blown, excrutiating pain. Before I was diagnosed, I tried to do a lot of walking, thinking that I needed to get in shape...and every time I forced myself to go for a walk, I ended up in Emergency in screaming pain.
    I know I should just tune my sister out...but hard to do. Maybe I should just get some info from the Internet and e-mail it to her...
    (Or maybe I should just say "Shaddup already!")

Anyway, in spite of my sister's catty comments, today IS a rest day.

Talk to you later...
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    crying:sad:
    I just wrote to you all on my blackberry and lost everything. So just know I really am thinking of you all.

I've opened up my food journal to keep me logging (changed setting but not sure it worked). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/prayerfulmom However, please keep in mind I am on a sodium restriction and am suppose to keep my protein between 45-55g. Keeps things interesting for me. Especially with lots of workouts I crave the protein.

Yesterday a walk and 26 mile bike ride

today 2 mile run 26 mile bike ride

Still questioning the validity of the calories burned ridding. I was hungry and eating all day yesterday. But having almost 2000 calories left seems sureal.

Have a great day ladies. Missing Z and M. Too much estrogen?
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Also seeking tips you use to prevent emotional eating.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    cyndee - YES, give her info. It's up to her to read it, and accept it - but you've done your part. Then if she says anything after that point, ask her if she read what you gave her (don't give her a book, LOL) and if she says no, then say, well, since you're not even remotely interested in learning about this disease I would appreciate you just keep your comments to yourself, since you don't have a medical degree. Not catty, just matter of fact.

Today's my day off too. The only thing that is sore is my upper back.

Geez - boys - Son #1 is in the next room singing "clean up clean up everybody everywhere clean up clean up everyone's a poopyhead". Sad thing is - my hubby probably taught him that!

I like the idea of the tshirts, maybe we could have our names or screen names on the back with a number, like sports jerseys? Only our number is really POUNDS LOST. Course by then I plan on being at my goal... We need a team or trip name... oh and NO BOYS ALLOWED. SO morgolis if you come - you can't hang out with the girls, go do your own thing!!! unless you want to see me hanging out in my bra and underwear painting my toenails... which I'm pretty dang sure you DON'T! Girls time!! I haven't had a girls time in nearly 4 years...

I'm "up" 2 pounds today, but the last 2 days i"ve been way over on sodium (yes last night was over on cals, but not up to maintenance cals, so no way I gained 2 pounds). So I need to drink drink DRINK today! Need to get rid of that sodium weight before Friday!!!

Well just realized i have to sign the boys up for a summer camp I just found that's actually reasonably priced... hurray! But I bet it iwll fill up fast so I'd better register them now!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Woops! Im a retard.... gave ya'll the wrong link

The correct URL for the photos is http://cjsimages.photoreflect.com

:wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I talked with Morgolis some more about Vegas. He changed his mind and said it was ok for me to go, as long as I didnt burn up the points on our time share. I was wanting to use it for the week, but he wants to save it for if we decide to go somewhere next year together.:indifferent:

So...That being said and done, I checked with my timeshare place and I get a severly reduced rate on renting a condo for a week (without using points) since we own there. Adopt4 and I were already planning on sharing a room, but I think I can probably get one that will sleep 6 comfortably for less than $100 for the entire week per person! Ladies only if we are bunking.... sorry hubbys! These condo's are nice too. The resort is located 7 miles south of the strip so a car is required to get to the strip, but since we already threw the idea of traveling around for hiking and such....no big deal, whoever wants to rent a car, can. There are 3 very nice swimming pools, a BBQ/ Picnic area and gym. Each one has a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub & washer/dryer. Guaranteed it cant get any cheaper than that anywhere for a full week even if you go it camping style. Most of the hotels there are at least $100 per night if not more.There is a nice hotel/casino right next door called "The Southpoint" which is pretty big. It has bowling, movie theaters, some restaraunts and a nice buffet. Its a good place to go for the late nights if you like to gamble.

The only catch is, we would need to make the reservation asap so I can reserve it because it has to be done 1 year in advance. Anyone interested in this?? If so, please send me a private message. Once we have 6 of us ladies for sure, I can see whats available to reserve and we can go from there. Right now, it looks like theres a bit of everything available for spring thru summer of 2010. It would be best for me to go anytime after the 21st of June. September & October is full for now.