Any Metal/Hardcore/Punk/Rockabilly fans in here?

Options

Replies

• ZombiJeeziz
    ZombiJeeziz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    VOLBEAT!!! Check 'em out if you don't know them already. They pretty much span every music style in the subject line of this topic.

There is no better music to workout to than metal. Screw a workout partner, you need a kick to finish that last rep, Pantera will get you there. Having a hard time pushing through the last five minutes of your cardio? Slayer will fire you up. Exhausted and don't wanna start your next set? Lamb of God will get your adrenaline flowing.

Metal's been in my life for more than 25 years now. My friends listened to Thriller, I listened to the Blizzard of OZZ.

I saw Metallica live while Cliff Burton was still alive. I saw Pantera while they were still Cowboys from Hell.

Here's hoping I'm still throwing up the Devil Horns in another 25 years.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yessssssssss! I am a big punk and rockabilly fan. Before I moved away from my big beloved city, I organized punk shows, awards shows for metal and punk bands and went to numerous rockabilly events. I was a main photographer for the local bands in the city. I was sponsored by Jager, steamwhistle and white owl whiskey. Miss that life. Now I live in an area completely devoid of it or anyone like me. I constantly get called out for having dark hair and makeup. Merp. I am mostly into local stuff but as soon as you mentioned Gwar and Sonata Arctica my heart grew three times =D
  • Prdave50
    Options
    Well, what an interesting thread at a fitness website.
    Long time Metal fan here too... Bass Player with primary influences, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and yes, throw in some Rush Bass stylings. What a pleasure to see so many Metal fans here !!
    I saw GWAR back in the early 90's...BEST 14 bucks I ever spent! AWESOME Show !!

As well, to other fellow dudes on here -> great to see I am not the only guy that KNOWS he needs to shed some weight. Kind of gives me a little more inspriration. The 'Losing Weight' advertisement community seems to focus on women only for the most part but hey, carrying around that extra 60 lbs will kill us men too....

Carry On... :-)
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Metal
    Megadeth
    Slayer
    Fear Factory

Punk
    Dead Kennedys
    NOFX
    Propagandhi

Hardcore
    Hatebreed
    E-Town Concrete
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    Metalhead chick here who also loves me some industrial, and very cheesy horror flicks!

- Devildriver
    - ANb
    - Opeth
    - Children of Bodom

- Hanzel und Gretyl
    - Nachtmahr
    - Grendel

(don't want to start mixing up too many genres in here haha.)
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me! I love, love Cradle of Filth, Anti-Nowhere League, most all hard rock. I love going to concerts, recently I have been to Queens of the Stone Age, Guns N Roses, Metallica's last tour, ozzy's last tour, Motley Crue, Reverend Horton heat , I go to as many as possible :)
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like terror, most precious blood, acaia strain, emmure, and madball just to name a few... Saw Slayer & Zombie last summer it was rad.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    and how could I forget The Corin Tucker Band!
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Metalwise I like loads including doom metal, dark metal and gothic metal, some Thrash (Pantera, just got to love them) and loads more, but mainly singles of each band, I take the best of each band, only band I would love most of their staff though is Nine Inch Nails.

Love other dark music like Electro Body Music and Industrial, great tunes as well for working out too, so feel free to add me :D
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Lol, loved that bit of Pantera will get you there!! love PANTERA!! and some songs of Damaged Plan too :D

quote]
    VOLBEAT!!! Check 'em out if you don't know them already. They pretty much span every music style in the subject line of this topic.

There is no better music to workout to than metal. Screw a workout partner, you need a kick to finish that last rep, Pantera will get you there. Having a hard time pushing through the last five minutes of your cardio? Slayer will fire you up. Exhausted and don't wanna start your next set? Lamb of God will get your adrenaline flowing.

Metal's been in my life for more than 25 years now. My friends listened to Thriller, I listened to the Blizzard of OZZ.

I saw Metallica live while Cliff Burton was still alive. I saw Pantera while they were still Cowboys from Hell.

Here's hoping I'm still throwing up the Devil Horns in another 25 years.
    [/quote]
  • kellyhogg
    kellyhogg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Metalhead chick here who also loves me some industrial, and very cheesy horror flicks!

- Devildriver
    - ANb
    - Opeth
    - Children of Bodom

- Hanzel und Gretyl
    - Nachtmahr
    - Grendel

(don't want to start mixing up too many genres in here haha.)

Love Hanzel und Gretyl and Grendel, and Children of bodom also. But you're right, let's not mix up the genres or I could go all day listing metal/goth/industrial bands.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    This seems like a good place to get excited about this..

I just found out that I am going to see BEHEMOTH IN APRIL!!!!!!!!! **** YEAH!!!!!!
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was a huge Mest fan. Alas, they broke up and broke my heart.
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Big metal fan here as well ...

Amon Amarth - my favourites
    Children of Bodom
    Sabaton
    DevilDriver
    Lamb of God

Softer ones:

Epica
    Eluveite
    Ensiferum

And the list could go on ...

I am always open to increasing my friends list especially with other metal fans - I was actually worried that we are going extinct, glad to see I had to read through 4 pages before I hit the reply button. :smile:
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my favorite is Every Time I Die!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Big metal fan here as well ...

Amon Amarth - my favourites
    Children of Bodom
    Sabaton
    DevilDriver
    Lamb of God

Softer ones:

Epica
    Eluveite
    Ensiferum

And the list could go on ...

I am always open to increasing my friends list especially with other metal fans - I was actually worried that we are going extinct, glad to see I had to read through 4 pages before I hit the reply button. :smile:

Nice list
  • jarlaxetherogue
    jarlaxetherogue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sonata Arctica is one of my most favourite bands... EVER.
  • erinistehawesome
    erinistehawesome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of gypsy punk? I'm digging Gogol Bordello right now! Makes me want to learn accordion...like a boss
  • abschool
    Options
    I like heavy metal or whatever that stuffs called. I saw Limp Bizkit in concert and everything.
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love metal specially Doom.

anathema, my dying bride and amorphis are my top 3 bands

I also love Cannibal Corpse, Swallow the Sun, Ghost, Daylight Dies, Bolt Thrower, Katatonia, Septic Flesh, Rotting Christ, Candlemass, Paradise Lost, amon Amarth, Carcass, Cathedral..

oh... and Alice in Chains <3