MET ANYONE FAMOUS?

Options

Replies

• sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    During the last season of LOST he visited with his niece!
    I threatened to kick people out if they asked him 1 question about the show!
    5695_1210835314964_1351172738_30606992_4357629_n.jpg

He was my favorite on Lost. When I went to visit my sister in Hawaii, we stumbled on the set of Lost while trying to find a more private beach. It was before the first season was released so of course I had to go home and watch. lol
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    R u a film maker?

No, I have a little sidejob/hobby reviewing movies and interviewing adult stars for a pop-culture website.

I want that kind of side job. Let me know if you need an assistant. ;)

Not from CA but go there often. Think I have seen some out of the corner of my eye,but no one that made me get too excited.
    Have met a few musicians back in my younger days, but more excitingly I met Alex Trebek at a geography conference. I'm hoping like hell to meet LeVar Burton at another one in Austin, but that's not looking as likely.
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The best I can muster is Vanilla Ice during the Ice, Ice Baby days. He was a late night patron at the restaurant where I waited tables. He tried to hit on me. Um, No thanks.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I met Matt Tuck and Jay from Bullet on several occasions... did the typical meet and greet with the other two, but meet both Matt and Jay by their tour bus.

Met all of Korn for autographs and Five Finger Death Punch.

I meet the write Karin Slaughter at a signing.

One of the guys from She Wants Revenge.

I meet the lead singer from Escape the Fate backstage last Uproar Festival.

And Brandon from Atreyu I meet.

I meet all of Motley Crue years ago when they first got back together, AMAZING picture!

And a few other bands at the typical signings... can't name them all lol.

No actors/actress though... I live in Indiana, so not in Cali :/ lol.. would love to live in Cali!
  • mackenzierain
    mackenzierain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not from California....but years ago I met all 4 members of Bobnoxious after a concert and I have also met all 4 members of Hedley at MuchMusic in Toronto - LOVE these guys, so nice too all of their fans....meeting them again in feb, can't wait :)
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Burt Bacharach when i was seven yrs old. i used to go riding horseback with Vincent Sardi (of Sardi's in NYC) in the 1960s, flirted with Robert Plant at a Chicago hotel brunch in 1985, Steve Martin in 1976 and many times again between 1985-1990 when he would come to a little health food store for shakes in Santa Barbara where he lived (i did too). I met tommy lee jones at a dance at the Polo hall of fame and museum in 2002 in FLA. He had a VERY red nose and was drinking heavily! Cathy Moriarity (from 'Analyze That') at a wedding. they are just folks, but it is still pretty fun to meet them.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm not from California but I've met Will Smith, Johnny Depp, opera singer Katherine Jenkins, McFly, Pink, Basshunter (haha), Jedward, Bill Bailey, Simon Amstell, Girls Aloud, Elliot Minor, Reemer, Jimmy Carr, Ed Sheeran, Harry from One Direction, Alexander Skarsgard and Bjorn Borg.

Lucky! How as Johnny in person?
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I did a lot of business travel and met a lot of celebrities at airports. A few that I can remember ... Arnold Schwarzenneger, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Scotty Pippin, Goldie Hawn, Hulk Hogan, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Paul Hornung, Brooke Shields, Marty Allen, Jerry Clower and the entire band, Journey. When you travel 150,000 - 200,000 miles per year by air you meet a lot of people.

I met Johnny Unitas when I was about 10 years old and used to see Pee Wee Reese a lot when I was a kid in Louisville, KY.
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    I met John Travolta on the street locally(southport nc) while he was making Domestic Disturbance, I was talking crap about how he was probably a jerk, he walk up behind me and over heard. He was pretty cool about it made some jokes.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I met Lindsey Wagner (the Bionic Woman, and spokeswoman for Sleep Number Beds) when I lived in Oregon.
    My cousin Drew Kellar used to play piano for Ty Herndon (country singer)
    A couple years ago, I was at my gym (in our little neck of the woods)...and since the gym owner was the talent coordinator for Country Jam...she sent Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman over to work out discreetly. They signed the wall! It was pretty awesome!!!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Jessica Simpson (while working for a casnio)
    Tim Magraw (while working for a casnio)
    Faith Hill (nashville airport)
    Steven Seagal (he towered over me he was so damn tall he is a really good singer i had no idea)
    Hoobastank (detroit concert awesome guys)
    All American Rejects (detroit concert)
    Difuser (detroit concert )
    nsync (dont make fun of me i had a huge crush on justin timberlake when i was 14 lol)
    Hanson ( only went cause my friend loved them)
    Three days grace
    Carrie Underwood (she was soo awesome)
    Bill Cosby (while working for a casnio)
    Heidi Klum (she is so funny in person)
    Tyler Perry (loved him)
    Jessica Andrews (Predators game)
    Kenny Chesney (Smoothie King in Cool Springs)
    Vince Gill (Pancake Pantry in Nashville)
    Amy Grant (Opry Mills mall)
    Alan Jackson(Titans game)
    Toby Keith (Nashville airport)
    Kid Rock (Nashville Predators vs Detroit Red Wings hockey game)
    Martina McBride ( Movie Theater in Cool Springs)

Thats all I can think of im pretty thats it
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Im from Buffalo have met,

Dierks Bentley
    Matthew Barnaby
    Todd Bertuzzi (before he was famous)
    Joe Nichols

I now there are others but can't remember right now
  • soulwarder
    Options
    Lets see, John Wayne, John Wayne Bobbit, River Phoenix, O.J. Simpson, Lou Gossit Jr. and several that I just can't remember! I used to work at the Tucson National Golf resort so I met several stars there. John Wayne I didn't recognize at first as I fuled his plane, but he was a good tipper! Bobbit, and his brother, and Mr. Simpson are either currently spending time, or spent time, with the Nevada Department of Prisons!
  • todaysanewday
    Options
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    During the last season of LOST he visited with his niece!
    I threatened to kick people out if they asked him 1 question about the show!
    5695_1210835314964_1351172738_30606992_4357629_n.jpg

John Locke! <3 Don't tell him what he can't do!
    I love that show and this man is awesome!
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I've met:
    Steven Tyler
    all members of the Black Eyed Peas (all cool and friendly as hell!)
    all members of Greenday
    Nelly (a total doll!)
    Steven Van Zandt (shy and reserved)
    Billy & Stephen Baldwin, and their mom (Stephen is a nice guy)
    Shirley Jones
    LL Cool J and his entire family (he's gorgeous and personable)
    Jose Reyes and his wife and girls (beautiful people, inside and out)

As far as sightings go the list would be too long. NY is full of celebs

I'm so jealous! I want to meet Steven Tyler sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, its funny because Steven Tyler was the only one I was star struck by. I couldn't get myself to stop touching his arm incessantly as I spoke to him. lol, i was a total perve but couldnt help it!
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've met:
    Steven Tyler
    all members of the Black Eyed Peas (all cool and friendly as hell!)
    all members of Greenday
    Nelly (a total doll!)
    Steven Van Zandt (shy and reserved)
    Billy & Stephen Baldwin, and their mom (Stephen is a nice guy)
    Shirley Jones
    LL Cool J and his entire family (he's gorgeous and personable)
    Jose Reyes and his wife and girls (beautiful people, inside and out)

As far as sightings go the list would be too long. NY is full of celebs

I'm so jealous! I want to meet Steven Tyler sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, its funny because Steven Tyler was the only one I was star struck by. I couldn't get myself to stop touching his arm incessantly as I spoke to him. lol, i was a total perve but couldnt help it!

LOL! I would be the same way. Definitely need a kiss or something. Maybe someday I'll be as lucky!
  • AudreeL
    Options
    i met alot of bands mostly Canadian, simple plan, faber drive, hedley, m trench, Adam Lambert walked last me in New York. a few guys from metro station, hinder, three days grace, penn&teller, a few of Cher's Dancers and one of her singers. a few of the people from the show Diva's in Las Vegas. The New Cities, the two guys from LMAFO bumped in to me, i was standing beside Joel Madden of GC. Emily Osment, thats all i can think of for now.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not sure if he counts (not a movie star a reality star), but I'm a friend of a friend of Bobby Goodson from Swamp Loggers (on the Discovery Channel) and I've met him and all of his crew. Oh, and also Nicholas Sparks!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I met Renee Fleming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's famous in the opera world lol, not sure if that counts...