Shred in Feb

Options
Anyone fancy doing JM's 30 day shred in February? I did it all the way through last March, at the beginning of my weight loss journey, and got great results. I did one of the workouts a couple of weeks ago and it was SO much harder than I remember! I reckon it's time to do it gain. Every day for 30 days, starting on Wednesday. Anyone with me?

Replies

• swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, but I have to find good alternatives for squats and lunges.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great! Have you done it before?
  • exerbeast
    Options
    I'm in too. I did level one a while ago, but switched to a different JM DVD for a while.
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about starting the 30 day shred. I've had the dvd forever and have never actually done it.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, but I have to find good alternatives for squats and lunges.

I started it this month, but I've been alternating between it and spinning/zumba. My ortho surgeon told me to stay away from lunges and squats for now, so I haven't don't it in a few days.

My strength has increased so much already though! Before doing it, I couldn't do any push ups - not even the girly ones. Now I can do 30 real push ups!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I will be getting mine in the mail on Thursday! I would love to do it!
  • colleen_mairead
    colleen_mairead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, I always seem to quit after a week but I'm sooooo much more motivated now (:
  • hfmcook
    hfmcook Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to start it for a while, so I am in!
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started the DVD. I did day 1 and actually got charlie horses in my quads for 2 days so had to take a break for those 2 days. Did it again today for the second time and it seemed a tad easier so hopefully I'm broken in!
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    I'm in! Just started it today and am already sore. I'm hoping by morning I'll be able to do it for day two.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am starting Tuesday! That way, the end of 30 days will be the end of February (as it is a leap year).
  • Nyeesha
    Nyeesha Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm in! Ive heard several ppl talk about it. I will go buy it tuesday. Those that are going to do it add me as a friend so we can encourage one another!!
  • Aargh76
    Options
    I will give it a go---I am trying to lose 40lbs of flub!
  • lollienluke
    lollienluke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i would but tried it the other day and it hurt my knee. any idea how i can do it whilst building the strength in my knee?
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    YES I am!!!!!!!! Starting Monday for my first day. I will be taking pictures and measurements.
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am in, just started today! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Natinat76
    Options
    A good way to an alternate for squats if you have knee problems or other lower joint problems is to use a swiss balll and put it in the middle of your back against a wall and sqaut. It helps you go down lower without the pain and it will work your lower half!
    BurnfatwithNat
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, I always seem to quit after a week but I'm sooooo much more motivated now (:
    im slacker....3 days tops!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yeah count me in....i sound reluctant because the 3 times previous I started I last 3 days then there is always a reason why I miss a day and then I stop it.....please kick my *kitten* if i slack off!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
    I was planning to do it in february anyways but extra support sounds good to keep motivated (:
    Maybe even make a group if needed?