Why should I lift weights? Pics

Options
12346»

Replies

• peacelily0507
    Options
    OK - so I have a question for you. I'm not afraid of lifting weights - did a ton in high school, but where do you get your program? In high school, the teacher had a program that we followed. Do you have a personal trainer, make your own, or what??

I have my own :] Personal trainers are expensive and with a little research it can all be found on the internet :]

great job...what is your lifting "heavy" what if you can't get to a gym? any suggestions on what can be done at home?
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Job well done!! Looking great
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You ROCK and you look amazing! Way to go...keep up the good work and thanks for inspiring so many! APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    This is why! When you picture yourself you your goal weight, what do you look like? I picture myself tone and lean. Lifting is what gets you that look! Huge calorie deficit and strictly cardio and I would have lost more muscle and stayed "skinny fat" Here is a little update on my muscles! I lift HEAVY and I am not bulky.

Don't wait to "tone"!! Start now and look better at your goal weight :]

134 lbs:

FAT-1.png
    fat.png

123 lbs:

Fgcgncf.jpg
    FxCam_1322210891141-picsay.jpg
    tummy.jpg

only 10 pound difference. Scale weight is not important! What is important is that it looks like i lost more and couldn't be happier!

Don't wait to lift... do it as soon as possible! :D

ETA: Okay colombian here it is: xD
    FxCam_1315016810752.jpg

for an added note:Don't be afraid of free weights! They are your friend. Compound lifts rock :]
    Get those squats and deadlifts in! You will have amazing results. I promise you :]

You are so pretty! Thanks for validating women lifting, although I am a little scared of free weights...
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    love this so much!
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Nice DL. Keep it up!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This needs to be required reading.
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look terrific! Thank you for this post - it was just what i needed . I am actually very big but I am starting out today on a proper weight training program. I have been kinda wondering if I am too big for that and thinking maybe I should be just focusing on cardio until i get down to a healthier weight and then focus on toning up etc. But my instincts were telling me I should be lifting! I officially started my program last week but i only did squats and crunches etc, just some basic stuff to get me started. This week I am going to get going on the home gym. Do you have any tips? Should i start off with the heaviest weight I can comfortably manage or just start low? Thanks again for the inspiration. Awesome job!

Jo
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I was worried about this when I started at the gym - my trainer was involving weights as much as cardio if not slightly more and I was worried I'd look like the hulk!! I have to say though I have a lot more definaition and my measurements have changed drastically - just need to keep losing the fat and I'll have nice muscles underneath this lot I'm sure!!

Well done Sunshine, I'm really impressed - I weigh 2 of you and your so much stronger!! I'm at 50Kg deadlift, 40Kg bench press, 36Kg fly and 65Kg leg extensions - I'm yet to try the squats :-)

You are going to be so pleased the more results you get! Your numbers are great :D I can only bench about 90-95 pounds at the moment xD all the strength is in my legs :] Workin on it xD

Sunshine, I am also two of you. LOL.

I have a torn cartilage in my knee, so no squats for me at the moment. I have surgery to fix it at the end of Feb, so I've got a trainer and we are doing mainly work on my upper body.

I love the feeling when my trainer sets me up with a weight and then after two or three reps takes it off of me and hands me something much heavier.

I'm sure I'm going to have the best shoulders/arms/abs that any female who weighs more than 100kgs (220lbs) can. :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You look great and I love the Cyclones shirt. ISU is where I graduated from. :)
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I love lifting heavy weights and you a prime example of how great it makes you look. Way to go (:
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    You look great !!!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! Lifting weights is awesome! Good job lady! I love squatting the big bar! :smile:
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results! Good motivation to hit the weight room!
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow, Awesome!!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What do you recommend for strength for people who have four children and can't afford a gym membership but want to be fit and toned as well?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!