McDonalds Anyone?

Options

Replies

• LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yup Wife to be is in Mgmt. Here's my secrets. Glad to share.
    Egg McMuffin Grilled Bacon Ranch Salad Mcdouble (No Buns) and Chicken Patties Grilled, and alone. (Yes you can order alacarte) The chick patties are abt 2 bux where I am.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken salad every once in a while. A little over 200 calories and I use my own fat-free lo-cal dressing.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was eating there at least 5 meals a week I haven't been since the day I discovered how many calories in 1 breakfast wrap and how much treadmill it took to get rid of it! I love the french fries...sooo I decided to stay away. : {
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yup Wife to be is in Mgmt. Here's my secrets. Glad to share.
    Egg McMuffin Grilled Bacon Ranch Salad Mcdouble (No Buns) and Chicken Patties Grilled, and alone. (Yes you can order alacarte) The chick patties are abt 2 bux where I am.

Settle something for us? Ask your fiancee if the fries are vegetarian or are they cooked in animal fat?
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonald's once a year when we go on a road trip into the US. We stop for lunch on the way down and on the way back up.(so, technically that's twice,I guess) . It's fast and easy, and we can be back on the road quickly. I always order the Big Mac, the fries and a coffee. And I enjoy every bite! My family and I are all also convinced that the burgers are much bigger in the US than in Canada . My daughters always comment on how much bigger the meal seems, and they often can't finish them. That said, I always get a little sick afterwards, so I don't actually ever crave it during the rest of the year:tongue:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Mikey D's. But after watching Supersize Me, I was mortified! :noway:

I know that film was a bit on the extreme side (like who would really eat this stuff every day ALL day), but it did show me the dangers of consuming too much fast food on a weekly basis. :sick:

If I go to Mikey D's, and the times I do are far and few between, it is usually the fries and a hamburger (splurge for cheese if I am feeling adventurous).

But I will admit, there is nothing like a Quarter Pounder with cheese! :bigsmile:
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yea I do all the time, I almost ate fast food all week, I had to stop myself cause I can get carried away by it that and I get the big combos with the large drink so I was starving by the end of the week cause I was staying at my calorie goal, so I was only able to eat one mc meal all ell thouh I had Carls and In and out too.

I think its important to aprease cravings here and there, that way you don't go over bourd, and its good to learn how to eat, like my sis will ocasionaly get fast food but she is so small, but when she eats fast food she doesnt eat much for the rest of the day

10039000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, but I am addicted. Trying to control it. I only go once in awhile now. But my faves are hamburger, nuggets and cone.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sodium is only temporarily weight gain, not fat gain so it is no issue.

My blood pressure just went from 140+/95+(100's) to
    120's/70+'s. I have an issue with sodium.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    McDonalds is the one thing that I can't eat anymore. It makes me feel like crap within a couple of hours. I can (and do) tolerate other fast food but there is something in McD's that just doesn't agree with my body. In the last 14 weeks, I have only had restraurant food 8 times - 1 fast food, 3 mexican, the rest were fattosh salads. This is an accomplishment for me because it used to be every day - sometimes twice a day.

libland, you nailed in on the head. that's how i feel after i have it...

Same here! I haven't eaten Mcdonalds for about 4 yrs because for some reason when I cut down and then tried eating I would be running to the bathroom no matter what!! I havent eaten Burger King in probably close to a yr but It doesn't make me feel sick like Mcdonald..its weird
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Ever since I became a vegetarian, pretty much all fast food was cut out. I still love MCD french fries though, but I rarely rarely eat them.

this is why I gained 10 lbs after being a vegetarian for a year. I ate meat and lost all the weight in about a month because I wasn't forced to choose between no food or fries when I went out with friends.

Kathy - beware! I'm veg also and heard that McD's fries are fried in animal fat. I posted a question about that on this thread to a girl that works at McD's and haven't yet seen the response.

That's evil!!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i would choose pizza or chick fil a over mcdonalds any day of the week...i did in the past love mcdonalds, but my lifestyle change has since changed my mind...i try to keep my meat eating at home so i know what it is i am eating
  • jodimcmomma
    Options
    Never been a fan of McD's. (except for the shamrock shake... which I will be having at least 1 a week during March! lol) Chick-fil-a though.... oh man, oh man, oh man. I actually got into the drive thru line today at chick-fil-a out of habit!!! And then realized, wait.. what am I doing here? I have lunch ready at home! ha!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i do because it's really the only place near my work to grab lunch if i forget to pack. I love and always get their cesar salad with grilled chicken. With the croutons and dressing added to it, it only adds up to a little over 400 calories, so pretty healthy i say and oooh sooooooo good!

I drink water with it. Water is the only thing i have drank since i started my diet 21 days ago.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If that's what it takes to keep you sane and on track, I say go for it.

That being said...
    I worked at a McDonalds when I was 18. I worked there for about a year and a half while in college. I used to eat alot of McDonalds stuff too...until I had to make it on the grill, or clean the fry machine, or the deep fryer in the kitchen. Now all I can say is...ew. It completely turned me off fries too. I do crave it when I'm drunk..only a big mac will do. But, in every day life...no. Can't say that I want it or think about it at all.
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love McDonalds fries. I could give everything else up on their menu but the fries. A friend once told me they had crack in them to make them so addicting. :) Either way, I only splurge on them once every couple of weeks.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't their burger. The meat is too soft
    but I like their chicken nuggets, hot fudge, apple pie.
    In general, I'll go there if I want to get some dessert.
    I used to eat sausage egg mcmuffin but I stop.
    Wendys fries is way better.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I threw up after eating a Big Mac when I was 12. In the last 15 years, I've eaten there about 5 times. I've got 4 kids and none of them like it either. When we pass the Golden Arches, my little guy says, "There's the place with the yucky food!"
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat there a lot, maybe once/twice a month tops. But ever since I started eating healthier, if I do go there after about an hour or so I just feel bloated and sick! Even if i've just had a small fries. I'm just not used to the processed food full of salt! Especially since I never add it to my own cooking.

Anyone else had this?
  • determined136
    Options
    OMG....I will never let my children eat a chicken McNugget again! THANKS!:noway: