How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine is close to that, it was $99 to join and its about $70 per month, you get the use of the entire gym which includes all the classes, the lap pool, weights, etc. It also includes child care and they do some free health seminars once in a while.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have a joint membership to the Y for $63 a month. So I guess that's $31.50 a month each. Not a bad deal considering we get a free personal trainer, a pool, and a bunch of free classes along with the regular gym.

We joined in january so we got the waived joining fee.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    $20.00 a month for Planet Fitness, that includes being able to take my husband(or anyone else) with me at no additional cost and my employer reimburses me $20.00 a month for going to a gym...FREE!!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    25 a month because I signed a 2 year contract for auto-pay. Otherwise it's about $45. 24/7 gym.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I got the costco deal for 24H Fitness, it was $200 for two years, all-club. There is a pool at some of them. I have two in close proximity to work and home.
    BUT they were so crowded at the first of the year I signed up month-to-month to go to the fitness center at my office, it's $21/month, but it is pretty basic.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    $50 per month at lady of America. All women, smaller,spa services included and daycare.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    $37 a month for a basic gym here in Napa, CA all the other fancy gyms in town start at $100 a month!!!! UGH!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't recall what my initial fee was, but monthly its $35 at LA Fitness includes all the classes and raquetball rooms. I tend to use the equipment at work for free during the week, especially right now that the gym is packed right after work.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for my gym membership. Very nice facility too, opened a couple of years ago so the machines are up-to-date.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    we live in a really, REALLY small town, but our membership is only $40 for me and my husband, so $20 each per month, no contract and no sign up fee. But when we lived in El Paso, we went to Planet Fitness and I only paid $20 a month for the gym, plus I could take my husband as a guest everyday for free, and free unliminted tanning, and massage chairs. it was such a great deal, but they dont have one anywhere around here :(
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    they wanted $250 a month for our family (2 adults, 2 kids), and the kids weren't allowed to use any equipment, only attend classes. (My 12 year old can take a psychology course from Yale but she can't use your treadmill? Please.)

I laughed and said we'd just save up for 4 months and buy all the equipment for ourselves. And we have.
  • lrenwric
    Options
    19.99/month @ snap fitness
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    18/month. theres a pool, indoor track, sauna, basketball court, weight area, cinema room, womens room etc.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness. I love it there. It is only $10 a month with no contract. It is open 24 hours Mon. - Fri. and 7am -7pm weekends. It does not have classes, a pool or track. However it is full of great gym equipment and seems to always be clean.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't recall what my initial fee was, but monthly its $35 at LA Fitness includes all the classes and raquetball rooms. I tend to use the equipment at work for free during the week, especially right now that the gym is packed right after work.

You can find lots of specials with $0 down for initial.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    $20 a month per member (but we pay $40 total because my husband has a membership too)
    First month was free
    No signup fees or any of that crap.

And we're allowed to use any location (they have lots).
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    We don't really have options in our town! I live in a small town and it's a big deal that we just got a 24 hour Snap Fitness, but I belong to our other gym in town....I prepay for the whole year when I get my tax return! Cuts the monthly fee almost in half & is totally worth it! It's $298 so about $25/month!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky! :tongue:
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I pay 49 bucks per month but I dont have a contract and cant stop anytime I want to. It is more pricey, but if I decided to stop using the gym at least I wont be stuck in a 2 yr committed membership.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    $39/month - but really close to my house - so I think it is worth the extra couple of bucks a month