How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    $55/mo for both my fiance and I. That includes tons of fitness classes, sauna, jacuzzi, a pool, and all the regular gym equipment stuff. LA Fitness.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I pay for my gym membership in sweat !! :tongue:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I belong to Gold's Gym (awesome, btw) and I pay $19.95/month. I think there was an initial "fee" of $150 or so and there's a $30 yearly fee for all the towels they provide. All classes (aside from Crossfit and Pilates Reformers) are included and there's several classes a day. It also includes 1 free personal training session. There is also a jacuzzi and sauna available.

Most gyms will lower the monthly the more you put up front. For example, I could have put $0 down, but paid like $30-$40 a month instead. Depending on how long you plan to be in the area or at that gym, you can assess which option is better for you in the long or short term.

Definitely go in with a budget in mind and don't let them push you around. Be willing to walk away or negotitate. Ask for discounts - Gold's offers discounts for gov't workers, military, students, etc. Never hurts to ask!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    16.25 per month. Cardio equip. lots of weights, some machines, heavy bags and classes. It's a muscle head gym. Has some pro fighters working out there.

10624035.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I pay $19.99/month for mine
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We have a family membership to the YMCA down the road from us which gives us access to the gym, classes, etc. It is about $60 a month for all of us.
  • adam4life
    Options
    Back when I was using the gym it was 6 months with 1 month free so 7 months for like $259
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I belong to Gold's Gym (awesome, btw) and I pay $19.95/month. I think there was an initial "fee" of $150 or so and there's a $30 yearly fee for all the towels they provide. All classes (aside from Crossfit and Pilates Reformers) are included and there's several classes a day. It also includes 1 free personal training session. There is also a jacuzzi and sauna available.

Most gyms will lower the monthly the more you put up front. For example, I could have put $0 down, but paid like $30-$40 a month instead. Depending on how long you plan to be in the area or at that gym, you can assess which option is better for you in the long or short term.

Definitely go in with a budget in mind and don't let them push you around. Be willing to walk away or negotitate. Ask for discounts - Gold's offers discounts for gov't workers, military, students, etc. Never hurts to ask!

We joined retro fitness in december and we didnt have to put anything down, and it was still $20 a month
    The first month was free and no signup fees

And we're allowed to use any location.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    $99 a year plus a $30 sign up fee. Just a gym though. No classes or pool. It is 24 hours.
  • dubois75
    Options
    I'm with Curves and its $44 a mos. Of course I'm in CA, and being told I could've gone somewhere else. But I like the idea I'm just surrounded with women on a mission. Not much competition at all.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I pay $35 a month (family membership) and that includes fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool, tennis courts, and unlimited golf (does not include cart rental). Mid-size public golf and country club. Nice little 18 hole course and fitness area is new, all precor equipment. Its an amazing deal.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I pay $20/month for Planet Fitness. That allows me to go to any planet fitness I want. $10/month will give you a membership where you have to go to your assigned gym.

They have free group personal training too. They are pretty no frills though - no fitness classes - just weights, machines, and cardio.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm with Curves and its $44 a mos. Of course I'm in CA, and being told I could've gone somewhere else. But I like the idea I'm just surrounded with women on a mission. Not much competition at all.

I did curves for a few months. i hated that they timed you and then kicked you out. :\
  • AubriaJordan
    Options
    We don't really have options in our town! I live in a small town and it's a big deal that we just got a 24 hour Snap Fitness, but I belong to our other gym in town....I prepay for the whole year when I get my tax return! Cuts the monthly fee almost in half & is totally worth it! It's $298 so about $25/month!

Thats exactly what I do!! When I get my taxes, Anytime Fitness, lets me pay cash up front for a year and its cheaper plus every month I get to turn in my attendance to my health insurance company and get $20 back per month!! So I basically pay less than $10/month.
  • motherof3brats
    motherof3brats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kappyd........ I also use fitness 19 and it is perfect. Who needs all that other stuff. I am there to workout and thats what we do. Myself, husband, and 2 daughters go and it's $40 a month.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I pay 375 a year. It has free weight, weight machines, tons of cardio equipment, lots of classes, a rock climbing wall, an indoor track, and an indoor pool
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    when i had a membership i paid 80 bucks a month. That was for a family membership and all the classes, sauna, hot tub and pool. also included child care while you work out. I canceled though. It was just too much money, and i got bored of all the classes and machines that they had.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    We have a rec center here, it is $148/year for a family of four. Classes are extra but I have access to cardio machines and the weight room, which is really all I need. I was able to buy our membership for $80 this year at a silent auction, which made it an even better deal. :smile:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    138 per month for my entire family but that gives us access to about 15 gym locations as well as regular and salt water swimming pools and steam room and sauna.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I go to a full gym for women. Has a sauna, indoor pool, hot tub, and full range of strength training machines, free weights, and cardio machines, plus classes, and 2 hours of child care a day, and it was 225.00 for 12 months, and that gave me 3 free months, so 15 months total. Average is 15.00 a month, but I had to pay the lump sum up front. I also had a fee for 31.00 in the middle of the year (like a maintenance fee for the gym). Still not too bad.

The gym that my husband and I are probably switching to is 19.00 a month on a month to month, with a 5.00 discount for an add on, so 33.00 a month for both, but we get a discount of 15% to prepay, so it'll go down to an average of 28 bucks a month for the both of us...