Worst negative comment about your weight?

Options

Replies

• TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me if I was going to wear a dress with sequins on it because sequins just don't look good on big girls.

Sequins looks awesome on anyone !!
  • reneealyse
    Options
    I got another one from my boyfriend last night. We were leaving the supermarket and I jokingly asked him if he wanted to ride on the pink elephant (a kids ride by the door). He replied "why would I ride that elephant when I can ride one later".

He meant it as a joke to wind me up but that hurt.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My ex when we were 'trying' to be a couple and I had gained the weight and we are naked in bed and he starts touching me and asks.. "what happened, why are you so fat?"
    We are NOT together anymore.. Made sure he saw me though and knows now that he is gone the weight is going too..
    Thanks a**hole!!
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is the worst thing someone has said to you or to others about your weight? I think this is a perfect opportunity to take a negative and turn it into a positive!

Well, some people can really hit below the belt when they say what they say without a second thought. My whole life I've struggled with my weight, and even when I really wasn't overweight the kids would say things about my weight, go figure. Now as an adult, I've learned to try to ignore people--I wear my :heart: on my sleeve, so that has not always been easy nor successful.

Here is the latest. I got engaged in December, and my fiance loves me very much just as I am. I have been working hard to lose weight for my health and for me, and he supports me. A few weeks back when I tried to talk to my mother about wedding plans...she blatantly asked without reserve, "Aren't you going to lose weight?" It hurt me very much and made me feel inadequate. I know that she means well and worries about my health...but it still hurt. (sigh) After getting up again from the blow, I dusted myself off and resolved to work even harder to show those around me that I can succeed for me through hard work and perseverance. :flowerforyou:
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Although our shapes were totally different, and I didnt really favor him, had someone call me Newman from Seinfeld once----pissed me off.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    "Eat something, your as thin as a stick" - Dad (I come from a heavy family)

same here. i get the pity look like i'm dying or something. i've put on some weight, but will take some of it off, but not as much as i did at first.

being "too thin" is just as bad as being fat. meanwhile, the people calling me skinny need to lose more than a few.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A guy I used to work with and had kind of a competitive relationship with saw me out in town several months after I'd left the job. I was walking into a store with my girlfriend (who was far fitter than I), and he was coming up on the entry way and we made eye contact and he said, "Whoa, what the hell happened to you?!" referring to my weight--I'd packed on a good 40 lbs. This guy was generally a **** and generally disliked at my old job--rude and immature for the most part--but nevertheless, he always kept a slim waist. So to hear a guy I didn't respect so rudely comment on my weight (in front of my gf), and be RIGHT, was tough to hear. It was still a few months before I made a conscious, dedicated effort to lose weight, and it wasn't because of him. But it's nice to look back on that moment, 30 lbs lighter now, and think, "As soon as I reach my goal weight, that guy will be the idiot I've always thought he was and I'll have him beat in EVERY aspect." Ah, sweet revenge. :laugh:
  • Picturesque2u
    Picturesque2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look like you're wearing a fat suit. (Future ex-husband).
  • happinessawaits
    Options
    Where do I even start, cant tell you how many times people thought I was pregnant, why does the guy I was dating always go for the fat chicks... your just big boned... I didnt realize you were that big... can you try this on you look the same size as my co-worker who is twice my size... ugh
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was 140 lbs at the time and my EX boyfriend said to me as I was eating a small bowl of ice cream "you're the biggest girl I've ever dated". passive aggressive much?! :/
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My mom and my grandma have always commented on my weight. I guess they feel like they can get away with it since they're family.

When I was a teenager my mom scolded me for having a belly. She said no man deserved to marry a woman with a chubby tummy, so I needed to work hard to lose that weight before someone would want to marry me.

My grandma always tells me to keep on losing weight. My aunt would grab my tummy fat and make fun of it.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I used to work at an Assisted Living facility, and many of the patients are starting to get dementia so they don't think about or care what they say.

Actual conversation with a rude, new older patient when I was helping settle her in. (BTW, she weighed about 300 lbs):

" When are you due sweetie?"

Me: "I'm not pregnant."

Her: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes...I'm...sure."

Her: "Honey, you've got to be wrong. You should go to the doctor and that have swollen belly checked out. You have got to be pregnant."

Me: "Ma'am, I promise, i am not pregnant." (in a WARNING tone)

Her: "Oh I see...so you're just fat and a *****.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "When are you due?"

My favorite! Now that my stomach is shrinking, I shouldn't have that question asked ever again!

Yes I got this one time and I really wanted to jump over the counter and kill the lady :mad: , but my worse would be my older Brother,( who has always been super thin) saying to me and I quote: "you will never be able to lose any weight because you will never be able to stop putting food into your mouth." :noway: The next day I joined the gym, and began my journey here, and that remark is what fuels me everytime I am working out, to push a little bit harder! By the time I am done, he will be eating his own words! :tongue:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    "When are you due?"

My favorite! Now that my stomach is shrinking, I shouldn't have that question asked ever again!

^^
    This
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps asking if I'm pregnant because I gained a lot of weight (30 lbs.) in a short time (5 months). Obviously I'm not pregnant which makes this very hurtful.
  • rameyer1316
    Options
    One on my daughters friends that was a few years older then her told me "my dad thinks your fat". Sad thing is I work with the girls dad and he's one of the nices guys I know. So to hear that he talks about my weight at home infront of his kids really pissed me off. It took me along time to talk to him again.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I was in my early-mid 20s, I saw a friend that I hadn't seen since high school. She didn't say it to my face, but she told a mutual friend that she wouldn't have even recognized me if she had seen me on the street. That's not so bad; simply a statement of fact. However, she also said that I "looked like a snowman." That one kind of hurt.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 and at a boy scout camp, it was our groups turn to ride horse, and there was only the pony left and I was told that I was too heavy for the pony and If I wanted to come along I could walk and lead the animal with its halter. I was 180 lbs.
  • Angie150
    Options
    I got mooed at by some frat guys at a bar once.
    Someone asked me how I could be so smart and yet so fat.
    A little girl at the preschool where I worked came up to me and said "my mom says you are fat because you eat too much and don't exercise." Was kinda hard to look at that mom without feeling like a sloth for the next year!
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    Which negative comment do you want?

My family always has an opinion on my weight.