High Heels

Options

Replies

• tataliciousd89
    Options
    Apparently when women wear heels it makes their bums look 'taught and ready for mating'
    ;)
    ROTFL. Holy crap thats funny. I love heels. I wear them around the house. My favorite outfit is my sexy apron with my 4 inch heels for house work, but I dont like to have to wear them. I guess I'm just stubborn like that.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I guess we all just feel it differently. I wear 4-5" heels everyday at work and they don't bother me at all. Mind you, I buy very well made shoes, nothing crazy expensive, but i guess i rarely get a pair for under $80, so maybe that makes a difference. But then again, maybe it's just the way I'm made.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Buy better quality shoes.

The shoes could be the finest quality, but if they have 3-4 inches of heel, they ae going to put pressure where pressure shouldn't be. Inserts and better quality shoes can relieve some of the pain associated with it, but it cannot make wearing heels any easier on our feet in the long run.
  • _snw_
    Options

The shoes could be the finest quality, but if they have 3-4 inches of heel, they ae going to put pressure where pressure shouldn't be. Inserts and better quality shoes can relieve some of the pain associated with it, but it cannot make wearing heels any easier on our feet in the long run.

Then why doesn't it hurt me at all?

(i didn't mean that schnarky - just curious)
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As a shortie i love high heels, i don't wear them for work but love them for going out.

Got a gorgeous new pink pair for New Years Eve, had to buy some pads to stick in the front as they were very high. After a few drinks they get slung off when i am dancing anyway! :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Heels I can live with. The man who invented panty hose needs to be strung up with a pair of them...
    Secret to pantyhose? Buy one size up. SO much more comfortable.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I wear a size 12 shoe and I am flat-footed. Heels are pretty much impossible for me. Plus I'm 5'10" and when I do wear heels (which I can only stand for about 5 minutes), I look like the jolly green giant, lol.

This is me in a nutshell. I'm a size 9 and am extremely flat footed and wide in my feet. I've had people double take at my feet and wonder if a man used to own them. I'm 5'9'' and look insanely tall as well. I prefer kitten heels if I really have to wear a heel and also like boots. Dressy boots make me the happiest.

I wish I could even find boots that are dressy. Since I'm a 12 I usually have to wear mens shoes....*groan*
    Nordstrom Rack. They have up up to size 13.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I wear heels all the time. I try not to go over 3" ones most of the time since I walk around so much. Whenever I wear any heel to work from 2" to 3", I always get comments like, "Hey, you're tall today!" But I don't care. I have a few pairs of sky high heels I like to rock from time to time as well! To all my fellow tall ladies... rock those heels! :smile:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

No pain does not necessarily mean no damage.

I wear heels occasionally, pain-free, but with all of the issues they are known to cause, I don't recommend wearing them everyday.

My mother is a Podiatrist. You'd be surprised how much damage a woman could have with out even realizing it. It does not happen from one night of wearing them- but your feet do need recovery time.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    To you tall girls... SPARE ME. One of my girlfriends is 5'11.5" and no one rocks a pair of 5" stilettos like she does. I used to work with a woman that was 6'2" and loved wearing heels every day.

Own your height. It's incredibly sexy to see a self confident woman towering above us shorties.
    Did they wear them to work or out to clubs? I rock heels at work but not so much out to bars. It hurts to have to lean down to hear my friends!
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No heels for me. I want to be comfortable more than I want to be sexy.

Friend of mine always wore these huge spikes. Can't wear them now. They wrecked her back.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have not worn a pair of heels in probably 7 years. I do own a pair of wedges, but I've only worn them twice.

I love flats, sandals, and my sneakers. I also have the best pair of hiking boots on the planet.

I own about 20 pair of super cute flats that are very comfy also.
  • _snw_
    Options

No pain does not necessarily mean no damage.

I wear heels occasionally, pain-free, but with all of the issues they are known to cause, I don't recommend wearing them everyday.

My mother is a Podiatrist. You'd be surprised how much damage a woman could have with out even realizing it. It does not happen from one night of wearing them- but your feet do need recovery time.

interesting. I wear them (90% of the time) about 9-10 hours / day, M-F, for the past 15 or so years. I wonder if I'm going to end up having problems.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Fashion and Comfort do not always go together. My wife wears sensible, comfortable shoes to work, tennis shoes when we go out during the day. She save the heels for the bedroom.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    OH! l love, love, love me some heels! You just have to make sure you get the right fit and style and they can be comfy too!
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Heard recently that heels were invented by men...because they not only make you look better but make you easier to catch...no one can make a fast get away running wearing them,like trying to catch a wounded gazzelle..... it was a joke,but seems to be some truth there....lol
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    also have realized they are easier to wear with the less i weigh! i've always loved them but sometimes felt self conscience in them. which was made worse when i was trying on a pair and a sales lady said a girl my size shouldn't try wearing them. i told here i didn't have to walk in them i just had to keep them in the air when i'm on my back with the hubbie, blew her hateful little mind. another story about heels ,when i was wearing a pair a male friend committed he loved them but his wife couldn't wear them, he said "she'd punch holes in the concrete!"
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

PREACH IT, SISTA!

we were not designed to wear these silly shoes that are all the rage now..........................

JUST SAY NO!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    love my metoo (lamb) from DSW. 4 inch heel with platform and comfortable. The thickness of the heel helps stabilize the foot and makes it ultra comfy and they are hot as hell!

edit for link http://www.dsw.com/shoe/me+too+lamb+pump?prodId=232959

I WANT THESE!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    If you know how to properly in heels, even cheap ones are comfortable for wearing most of the day.

The problem is that most women walk like graceless gorillas.

As a graceless gorilla, I have to agree! I can't walk in heels very well. But WEDGES are AWESOME!

They add height (I'm only 5'4" which means SHORT legs) and they do the same job as heels of making your calves look sexy.