How much do you want to be paid?

Replies

• I love one of my jobs and used to get paid $23 an hour but got cut down to $17 an hour. I love working there so I continue to, but at about 30 hours a week that decrease is felt.

I have 2 other paid jobs that pay a little more but I don't enjoy as much and a volunteer job that I obviously don't get paid for but easily get the most out of. I'd pay tobe allowed do it if I had to.

I'm a student too and just got my bill for next semester... I don't think i'm under paid but it SHOULD be cheaper to learn!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    i think im very lucky for my age. my base salary is excellent, my commission structure is epic. i just wish there were a few more people around for me to sell to.../. businesses are struggling.... which makes it hard for me to sell them stuff.

meh. we get by.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    underpaid according to education and experience - but that just means I work according to what I am payed as. Suits me fine untill I finish the degree I am working at. In the summer I will be looking around for a proper job that will use all my education and experience and therefor be properly payed :)

I am tired of watching what and how I spend as closely as I have done so far to get by.
  • I'm an apprentice, I get paid around £1.60 UNDER minimum wage.

I have completed my apprenticeship and still on this wage although it's slightly hazy as my apprenticeship is for a year whether I complete before the time is up or not (which I have).

I do like my job and my colleagues and boss are fantastic!

My contract is up in March so hopefully I get offered the job I'm apprenticesing in, at the jobs rightful wage. Also hopefully by then I'll have a brand spanking new body figure just to match!

p.s. I've read every post in this topic so far. Jealous of the guys on 100% commission purely because I suck at selling but when done right it seems amazing. Laughing at those who put up they're not doing much (atm.. I'm the same). Happy quite a few like their jobs! Acknowledge quite a few feel trapped and unhappy in their jobs. Hoping for those without jobs to find good jobs!.. job job JOBs (said jobs alot..)
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    I dont think its about the pay where I am, its the lack of consideration, respect and stuff like that.

Annoyingly I'm one of those people that still has some pride in my work and even thought I have been given other opportunities I havent taken them as I dont want to leave this place until the projects I am working on are complete..
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    I spend so much work time on MFP that I should be picking up my pay check with a mask and gun 'cause I am just robbing them.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    More. I want to be paid More.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Well I get about $6k from refunded tuition money each semester that I have to pay back. I'm not employed mainly due to laziness and not wanting to work retail, food, or anything that would require me to smile at hateful people all day.

But when I DO get my degree in Film I want to make a good sum of money to live a comfortable life. Not trying to be rich, but being able to take at least 1 worry-free vacation a year AND having all bills paid on time would be nice.
  • I'm a part time package handler at fedex and I make 11.25 an hour. Which is more than most kids (im a full time college freshman) my age. I'm okay with it but it is really quite physically demanding so a raise would be nice. However, it is a good company to work for, they take care of their employees.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    It could be more, as I'm definitely struggling to make it to the end of the month.
    But then that's me spending far too much money on rent.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    I can't complain about my income, but I wish I could work less hours and get more done in the time I do work.

And if you're a home health coder with HCS-D message me as I will need to hire more help :bigsmile:
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    I'm a full time student and I'm expected to make £8000 a year support two people. After £3700 on rent and water rates (part of my rent), £1500 a year on bills, £500 a year on gas and electric and £612 a year on travel, I don't have much left over for living costs. Approximately £140 a month to cover food, cat food, general groceries etc. for two people. Considering that I'm at uni. almost every day, I volunteer about 12 hours a week and I have to do a full-time, unpaid placement (it'll average at about 45 hours a week) I would like a little more than what works out to be an income of £153 a week. This is more than £100 less per week than the poverty line for 2 adults. So, an extra £100 a week so I'm just straddling that poverty line would be nice, please.

What I would like is to be on an income high enough to comfortably survive off of and have a little money left over to be able to make decisons like go to the cinema as a one off and not know that that is an entire weeks worth of food money that I just spent.

I'd like an income that was high enough so I could move and get a decent flat closer to the city centre so I could travel more on my bike as opposed to buying stupid, expensive bus passes and so I can get out of this horrible town and some certain horrible people in it.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    I love one of my jobs and used to get paid $23 an hour but got cut down to $17 an hour. I love working there so I continue to, but at about 30 hours a week that decrease is felt.

I have 2 other paid jobs that pay a little more but I don't enjoy as much and a volunteer job that I obviously don't get paid for but easily get the most out of. I'd pay tobe allowed do it if I had to.

I'm a student too and just got my bill for next semester... I don't think i'm under paid but it SHOULD be cheaper to learn!

That's so nice that you work that much, go to school and still make time to volunteer - my hat is off to you!!!:drinker:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Probably overpaid right now, but that doesn't mean I would object to another raise.
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    It really doesn't matter how much you make beyond taking care of the basic needs. I say that because, if you make more, you spend more and can still end up living paycheck to paycheck. The key is, don't do what our government does and just increase the limit to keep spending when you don't have the money. If you balance your budget and live withing your means, no matter how much you make, you can be satisfied. Now I would not be opposed to winning a big lottery jackpot. :laugh:
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    According to my manager, I make more than I should for the job that I do.
    According to my coworkers, I need to be paid more because I do more than everyone else.

For me, I'm content with where I'm at. It's more than enough to keep me from "just getting by".
  • shalae1
    shalae1 Posts: 12
    :smokin:
    Are you satisfied with your job and salary currently?

Short answer - no

I've slowed down how fast I work now, I figure why keep working fast and taking on more and more of a workload when I've never received a raise? Not worth it. I've decided to keep my productivity level the same as my wages - if my boss decides to up my wages then I will up my productivity.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Right now, I'm satisfied. Working as a bartender and making decent money - enough to support myself. However, I'm also going to school to become a nurse, which will triple or quadruple my salary. Definitely want this so I can support a child someday!
  • crughp
    crughp Posts: 17
    I am not at my job for the money. I get to see troubled teens make changes they need to suceed and have a well balanced life, what else can I ask for?

What is a better reward than that?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    My salary has been frozen (public education) for nearly 4 years now. I would just like it to get to where it is *supposed* to be.

JM