How to not cry when getting your *kitten* chewed??

Options
imitedlay7
imitedlay7 Posts: 23 Member
Any suggestions? I hate looking like a weak little girl when I get upset and cry when I get chewed out. I need to be strong and take it like a man! Lol, any suggestions???

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'll be waiting for good responses! I need some help too! :sad:
  • RobDelco
    Options
    Bite down on something. It helps with the pain.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the tone, but focus on each of the words. Look for the key word that they use to describe why they are chewing you out. Then politely stop them and ask how you can rectify the situation or at least prevent it from happening again (using their key words to describe the event). If you focus your mind on a constructive solution, you're less likely to get pushed by the person's emotions.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Punch.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You tell yourself "This is simply a person talking loudly near me." Takes a bit of the power away on their end.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on who it is and how you define "chewed" haha.
  • Just think about your next command and going home to your wonderful husband. Basically tune those people out and then read this II Peter 1:6 self control :smile:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    drink something. It stops tears.
  • too funny she better not
  • Oh by the way tears is water weight so go in the bathroom and just lose it. :sad:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    my dad was an *kitten* when i was growing up and i simply stopped taking things personally. Instead, I let my anger seethe (seathe?) up and instead of crying, I have to think about quashing the urge to punch whomever it is in the face. I NEVER EVER give anyone the satisfaction of making me cry - over things like work. If it's real advice/criticism, then I obviously needed it and I'll take it - if they are just being an *kitten*, screw em - they don't get to bother me.
  • BabyRoseJeans
    BabyRoseJeans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    imagine them in their birthday suit and just listen as if you are watching a tv show maybe it will seem less like a personal attack. Or imagine what you might want to say back to them in your head and sort of zone out of the actual words, or focus on a pen for example sitting on the desk, is it a quality pen or a cheap one, is it smooth or rippled, does it click or have a cap, how much ink does it have left if you can see it. This might help to put your brain in a more remote spot until you can calmly walk out of the confrontation and go bawl in the bathroom or your car. Just how I deal sometimes. Over time I have learned to control my emotions better, but not during that totm.:flowerforyou:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how I conquered this one, but I eventually did. I guess the big part is just trying to focus on criticism objectively, and asking for specific advice to remedy the situation, and thinking of a plan to prevent mistakes from happening in the future.

Typically, it isn't personal...so I try to remember that
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try not to get your *kitten* chewed. :flowerforyou:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I happen to enjoy getting my *kitten* nibbled on
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I used to have a boss that was the biggest b*tch EVER!! She loved making her employees cry and she'd purposely pick on the weaker ones. She once pulled me and another girl into her office and reamed us both out for something stupid, it was the other girl's screw-up, not mine. But, she and I were friends outside of work.

A few minutes into us getting yelled at my friend starts sniffling and crying... it was annoying. There was no way in hell I'd give that tyrant the satisfaction of getting me upset. I just sat there and thought to myself how much I couldn't stand her face and how good it was gonna feel to hand in my notice when I found a less-sucky job. Don't give anyone the satisfaction of making you cry.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Punch.gif

This. or a donkey punch
  • TheDecision
    Options

Punch.gif

rofl
  • 105perfect
    Options
    You tell yourself "This is simply a person talking loudly near me." Takes a bit of the power away on their end.

THIS
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If I f*cked up, I man up and admit it and move on. If I don't deserve it, I don't tolerate it.