How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• KellyAFraley
    Options
    I go to the gym for free too! Only the people in our off Post Military Community have access to it though.
    It is not a big fancy gym, but it is new, and really nice. There is a cardio room with about 6 treadmills, 5
    standing elliptical, 3 seated elliptical, 4 bikes, and 3 climbing machines. There is a kids play room off the
    cardio room and 3 BIG windows so you can see every corner of the room.

There is a weight room with free weights, a bunch of machines. Leg press, crunch, rowing machine. Most
    of them I do not know what they are. There is a pool, and a kid pool too. Also 3 recreation rooms where
    they are starting to do yoga classes (tomorrow is the first day) and an out door sitting area. It is a nice area.
    I will be moving home for about 6 months before DH next duty station..... I dread having to pay to go to the gym.
    AND having to drive to get there. I can walk to the one I go to now.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    FREE! I have an awesome employer, it's one of our benefits!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I pay $19.50 a month. No pool but all the cardio, strength training and free weights I need.
  • Judgirl83
    Options
    $20 a month includes pool, sauna, steam room, and classes. They also have child care but not sure if that is extra or not.
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    $35 a a month with free tanning and 24 hour access
    This also includes any classes I want to attend including Zumba, Cardio Boxing, kick boxing, etc.
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    $20 per month - Planet Fitness (one year contract). No track but they have the treadmill and that sort of stuff. They also have a $10 per month no contract plan.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think it was $50 to start and its $20 a month w/unlimited tanning also.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I do dvds at home, and a home gym that I got for free. Can't beat cheap! Also, no strangers sweating all over my equipment or peeing in my shower.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I get to use the one at the hospital where I work for free. :)
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    at the y i belong to, i pay 40/month but they're raising their rates to 45/month. it's a mess there.

i'm joining a different gym at the end of feb which is a step up from the y at 59/month if you sign a year contract, or 69 month to month.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I pay 45 per month, but I have been a member for about 6 years.
    I believe most people pay about $75 per month.
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for the whole gym. It is awesome. It is a planet fittness. :) And there was no contract to sign.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    About $33 a month, no contract and open 24 hours. Love it.. weights, cardio, pool, hot tub, sauna, classes, etc.. If I feel like swimming at midnight.. I can..
  • cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The beauty of the university gym! £98 for the whole year :)
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I pay $10/month. Planet Fitness...open 24 hours M-F and limited hours Saturday and Sunday. I LOVE it!! No pool or hot tub but can't beat $10/month
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My gym is $90 a month, but that includes locker rental and towel service. We have an indoor pool and track, if that helps.
  • marini03
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy
    I use Planet Fitness too!!! :D I love it! All I really need is the machines. With the PF Black card, (the $20 a month membership) you can bring somebody with you for free AND use the tanning beds and booths AND you get half off all the drinks they sell.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    UK here ....... we're all members of "Virgin Active".

Wife works for county council as a school teaching assistant so we get a little bit of a discount but it's still quite steep :-

Her : £44 a month
    Me : £44 a month
    Kids x 2 : £11 a month each.

Total : £110 a month !!! ... yep ... that's POUNDS .... so it's more in dollars !!!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I pay 37 bucks a month. The gym is pretty tiny, but it's accessible 24/7 so that's where it shows its true colors I suppose.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I looked into it, the start up is easily in the $200,000-$500,000 range.

$200,000 will cover your 20% down payment on commercial real estate...not much else...lol