Age distance between your children?

Options

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I dont have any kids but I can tell you that I have 4 brothers... all younger our ages are 29 (me), 27, 25 and 17.... there is a 12 year age difference between myself and my youngest brother and we are pretty close... my 2 youngest brothers have an 8 year spread between them and they are super close...

As for my mom I asked her this past weekend if she could do it all over would she have the youngest closer to the rest of us and she said... HECK NO. She loves the fact that the youngest is just graduating now... she says having him that much younger than the rest of us kept her feeling younger.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    my sister and I are 1 year 1 month and 1 day apart.

I have a friend who has a 35, 28, and 15 year old.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I have 3 sons. They are each 22 months apart. 6, 4.5, and almost 3.

Pretty good distance, b/c they still enjoy playing with each other.

So close! Mine are 21 months apart. 6, 4, and 2. (girl, boy, girl)
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old girl, a 10 year old son, then second marriage-now we also have 3 year old twin girls and a 1 year old baby. About 12 years between the oldest and youngest and the two oldest love our little ones to pieces! Was worried originally but it has been beautiful!
  • katiejneely
    Options
    2 years apart almost to the day. Almost 5 and almost 3. :-)
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    2 sons
    age 23 and 20
    2 years and 9 months apart
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    10 and 1, I honestly thought something was wrong with me, i had started the dr. visits to investigate, but i was already pregnant and didn't know it.. Big brother loves little sister, hes great with her. Its still kinda odd to me, sometimes i think, when he's driving, she'll be going to kindergarten. my bro and I were 22 months apart, but not close now, i guess you just never know. Its what you want to deal with, i personally dont want to have another one that far apart, if nothing happens in the next few years , its over for me. I have a friend who had a 17 yr old and had a baby....

P.S. I had lost some weight right before getting pregnant, so i dont know if that did it or not??
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not a parent myself, but there are 16.5 years between me and my youngest brother, and there's nobody in my life I've ever been closer to.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My kids are actually both 7 right now!

My daughter's birthday is January 21st and my son's is March 4th. Lily was 15 weeks premature, so they are a lot closer together than we had planned.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is awesome seeing all the different years apart. Its amazing the distances on some of ya'll. My husband keeps saying that "were almost done and we will be in our mid 30's and its party time again with no children to worry with all the time".
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I only have one, but I come from a family with wide breaks. My father is 20 years older than his youngest brother (who is only two years older than me). I have a brother who is 25 years younger than me, only two years older than my daughter. When you have us all sitting at a table, it is impossible for a stranger to figure out where one generation ends and the othe begins. I put an end to all that nonsense. One and done.
  • wreckedredhead
    Options
    Mine are 29 and 25. But my sisters, and brother and I are spread out so much. My oldest sister is 21 years older than me and the next closest is my brother who is 8 years older than me. Believe me, it doesn't matter I'm so grateful for my siblings - and now that we are older - age doesn't matter one bit! My nephews are 14 years apart and are so close. Every family is different.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have two boys! They are 1 year and 10 days apart and will be celebrating their 1st and 2nd birthdays in March! (to make it crazier, my oldest is special needs, and my youngest starting walking at 8.5 months!!)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My kids are ....2 minutes apart :)
  • PJFaber
    PJFaber Posts: 47
    Options
    My hubby calculated that we will be 27 straight years with at least one teenager in the house.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    13..boy, and 2 girls ages 10 and 11. The girls are less than a year apart by about 2 weeks, which makes them the same age for a short time every year.

Oh, and they are all December kids.....poor planning, or better yet, no planning. LOL. But, I wouldn't change them for the world.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My hubby calculated that we will be 27 straight years with at least one teenager in the house.
    Oh dear!
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First marriage: ages 30, 26, 25, 22, 21 second marriage: 9, 5, 3
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have 10 children ages 20, 18, 16, 14, 14, 9,9, 7, 6, 1. The oldest 3 are my bio kids. Seven are adopted, 5 of which are siblings. The other two are a sibling set also. Only the 9 year olds are twins. My 20 year old daughter is married and has made me a grandfather of 2 adorable children, as well. It may be crazy but they keep me out of trouble. LOL

Your household is what I figured I would have had. I love it!!!
  • sherrywtrmn
    sherrywtrmn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My brothers are 11 and 16 years older than me and we are still very close.