What motivated you to begin your weighloss journey?

Options
I am just curious to know everybodies motivation :smile:

*Thanks to those of you who have commented on my post i appreciate that you are sharing your motivation with me. All your comments will help me push more to reach my goals.
Thank you,
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• oceanchristy
    Options
    Seing old pictures of myself , and new ones..... wanting to be healthy while im young.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Going to docs and finding out I was almost morbidly obese. Not being able to look at pictures. Finally admitting some of my relationship and career issues were likely due in part to my weight.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Getting dumped by a stupid guy. Such a bad reason, but he's seen me now and is starting to regret his decision. Now, I'm doing it for my health. That feels so much better than thinking about a stupid guy.
  • ready2smile
    ready2smile Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Going to docs and finding out I was almost morbidly obese. Not being able to look at pictures. Finally admitting some of my relationship and career issues were likely due in part to my weight.

i can relate to you, ever since i started losing weight my relationship is way better :smile: i guess we become so unhappy with ourselfs that we let it interfier with our lives good thing we made a change for good.
    congrats!
  • ready2smile
    Options
    Getting dumped by a stupid guy. Such a bad reason, but he's seen me now and is starting to regret his decision. Now, I'm doing it for my health. That feels so much better than thinking about a stupid guy.

forget that guy, that was his lost now enjoy your new vision on life:smile:
    congrats!
  • ready2smile
    Options
    Seing old pictures of myself , and new ones..... wanting to be healthy while im young.

congrats on your achivements, keep pushing forward:smile:
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    needed to buy a bigger size......crap and when i did i wanted to die......
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am 44 soon to be 45 and I started to see the beginnings of a "muffin top" and there is no way I was gonna let that happen!
    Happy to say-3.5 inches are gone from my waist! I WIN!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Got divorced and saw how easily I lost 170 lbs, I figured the rest of the pounds needed to come off of me.

But really a bad relationship takes a lot out on someone, better days were waiting for me and I needed/wanted to remember who I once was.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    having my belly sit in my lap :grumble:
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Being my heaviest at someone's wedding and having to buy a suit at a larger size than I've ever had to. Also needing to buy a larger size of jeans. Now I'm down 2 sizes and I need to keep going.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I hit highest weight, and I saw a picture of myself where my face was the chubbiest I've ever seen it.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    To be able to play with my Children in the summer & not get so tired. also All the cute bikinis/beautiful models in the VS mag.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ...I think my biggest one was that I was heading down a path of self destruction and I realized that I didn't want to continue with the self loathing, and all the fun things that come with it. I'm 44 - I want my life back!!!!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was sooo in shape when I graduated army basic training, I went through a divorce shortly after, met my now husband and we had/have 3 kids. Mind you I had one in 2009, 2010, and just recently in Dec 2011. Through all of this, I was 154 when I graduated basic, I was admitted into the hospital Dec 19, 2011 weighing in at 228. I hate having double digit pants, I hate having to search for a size that fits me or dig to the bottom of clothes piles to find one that fits. My main motivation despite my love of clothes, is I know that if I am ashamed or it makes me sick to say my weight, it obviously makes me unhappy, and I need to change that. I am finally down to 199 as of this morning, but still so much left to go :) but yeah, want to be happy at the number, not frown.
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture of myself at a wedding social. I thought I looked pretty good that night, until I saw the pictures. I was mortified. After that I decided to start getting into better shape.

Time to get hot by 30!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In fact my profile pic is what I was shortly after graduating and i look at it everyday as a reminder :)
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tired of feeling fat & having no energy... I just turned 45 & there were days I felt 85... I am just three weeks into this MFP & I feel so much better.. I am down 16 pounds and a few inches off to.. No more excuses.. I feel so much better & that is my motivation to keep doing it.. My familiy & friends say I am a changed person.. Happier, Healthier & feeling so much better.. I love the "new" Mary & she is not going anywhere except to become smaller.. Good luck everyone... Try to stay strong & know things will get easier.. We so got this...
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Seeing old pictures of me as a cheerleader in high school....and finding an old pair of size 8 Abercrombie jeans that I am hell bent on fitting back into! I'll never admit it to my family, but my stepbrother is getting married June 30th, and I cannot stand my future SIL's sisters, who are in the wedding......and well frankly I want to be the smallest one at the wedding purely to boost my ego (they think they are better/hotter than everyone else)....sadly it won't take much for me to beat them. It sounds petty, and it is....but I frankly don't care. They just rub me(and my family) the wrong way.
  • peachlow
    Options
    OMG ~~~~~ Multiple factors got me on my weight loss journey...high BP, thighs scrubbing together (seriously), and then waking up one day and not recognizing myself anymore...I hated going out...I hated shopping.... all in all I gained 2 of me in less than 20years.... went from 115lbs to 230lbs.... no joke... then my doctor placed me on a 3rd BP med & I flat out refused... I told him there was no way at age 35 I was going to be on all that crap...that's when my story began...

It's been a constant battle but I'll make it....I'm better than I was then...:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!