daily weigh-in club

Options

Replies

• daisydieter
    Options
    Hello! I've been struggling with my weight for my entire adult life (emotional eater and desk jockey).... the last 12 years either me in the process of gaining 50 pounds (over course of a few years) or losing it. I have noticed that I ALWAYS gain weight if I stop weighing myself daily. If I do it weekly, too easy to blow off after a big weekend. Because I don't want to see a big number, I fall into the trap of avoiding scale for months, even years at a time. When I finally get back on it, I've put on 30-50 pounds.... EVERY TIME.

Wish I could say this was the first time I vowed not to stop weighing myself...
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I weigh myself 5-6 times a day. It's an addiction, but I don't want to stop. I know that it doesn't mean anything and it's the overall weight loss per week that's important, but a little thing like that won't stop me. I like to keep myself in account with what I'm eating and how much is food weight and how much is really me. Glad there are others out there like me.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.

Weighing daily helps some people stay on track. Seeing that you lost 0.2 lbs from the previous day is encouraging. You do not typically lose 3 lbs over night. Weighing weekly will show you a bigger number but it is all the same....

I agree. I need to weigh daily to keep myself going, a week in between and I lose interest. or will eat something I shouldn't because "I can work it off by friday". some people get too obsessive about it and upset whenever it goes up 0.2lbs. but not all of us react that way. I just think ok, what did I do differently that may have brought it up a bit instead of down? or if its just a bit, fine, its water weight, and I move on with my day. Just because weighing every doesn't help you doesn't mean it doesn't help anyone
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello! I weigh myself everyday too, but I only go by the number on the scale on Friday morning. Weighing myself everyday helps me to keep focused and on track. I am glad to see that other do it too! :o)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.

Weighing daily helps some people stay on track. Seeing that you lost 0.2 lbs from the previous day is encouraging. You do not typically lose 3 lbs over night. Weighing weekly will show you a bigger number but it is all the same....

I agree. I need to weigh daily to keep myself going, a week in between and I lose interest. or will eat something I shouldn't because "I can work it off by friday". some people get too obsessive about it and upset whenever it goes up 0.2lbs. but not all of us react that way. I just think ok, what did I do differently that may have brought it up a bit instead of down? or if its just a bit, fine, its water weight, and I move on with my day. Just because weighing every doesn't help you doesn't mean it doesn't help anyone

Exactly! :)
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am Nicole, 33 and mom of 3. I am an Air Force wife living in Germany (i am german)
    I weigh myself at least 3 times throughout the day. In the mornings when i get up, in the afternoon after workouts and lunch and then at night before i go to bed. I am usually 2lbs lighter in the mornings and if i have a rigorous workout i am sometimes at my morning weight in the evening! I have noticed that if i drink lots of water i weigh less...
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sara. I've lost ~30 lbs over the last year and a half, mostly in bursts, and always by counting calories and exersizing and weighing in every day to stay focused. They say that your life moves toward your most prominent thoughts, which is a philosophy that makes sense to me and I like to keep in mind. Hense, why I think weighing in often can help keep your eyes on the prize.

I've been hovering ~10 lbs over my goal weight for about 6 months now... It's time to start weighing in daily again!

Is this a group where we'll be reporting our weights to each other daily?
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I do it every day too. Cool group, I can't right now as I'm injured but will bb after injury is better.
  • mkwow
    mkwow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself AT LEAST once a day if not more! I am doing a program that requires me to check in at a center and they encourage you to come in- the more you do the better you do. Their support really keeps me going and weighin in everyday lets me know exactly how I am doing and if there is anything I could do to be even more successful. I have lost almost 20lbs in the month of January!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Is this a group where we'll be reporting our weights to each other daily?

yes. come back daily and report your weigh in. i plan to weigh in like this:

yesterday: ___._
    today: ___._ (+/- _._)

but you can choose any method you want of keeping track. :)
  • mrsweigl
    Options
    yesterday: 143.4
    today: 145.0(+1.4) :grumble:

I could not sleep all night, i am exhausted this morning!
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    yesterday: 132.8
    today: 130.6(-2.2)

(Yes, this is possible. Particuarly for someone that has very low calories and very high exercise and who had a bowel movement for the first time in a few days!)
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    weigh yesterday at the gym, 171.
    Got home weighed myself: 170.8
    Weighed myself at 9 last night(3hrs later): 169.8
    weighed myself this morning at 6:30: 167

I know I am addicted to the scale, I am its slave. :frown:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yesterday: 128.9
    today: 130.0 (+1.1)

ugh. scale, you are going the wrong way. please desist or things may become rough for you.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yesterday 149.2 lbs
    today 149.2 lbs
    workout at end of the day for me as usual
  • mrsweigl
    Options
    last night before bed 145.6
    today: 143.4 (-2.2):smile:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily and I think it's a great way to keep an eye on your progress and motivate yourself if need be...

Sorry to be picky but this is a TOPIC on the forum not a GROUP, if it was a group it would be seperate from the other forums and people would be able to join, not just post replies.

Chris
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    that is what I find. I am usually 2 lbs. lighter in the morning than before bed.
  • amrose1983
    amrose1983 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    for added support ladies come check out https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/healthysol/ great support system