Peanut Butter!

Options

Replies

• Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So good to know I'm not alone in my love of PB!! My college roommate 35 years ago introduced me to PB on bread for breakfast. Ate many a slice while running across campus for an early morning class. I think I can almost count on my hands the number of days I haven't had PB/bread for breakfast. If I go a day or two without it, I'm craving it and can't stand it til I break out the PB jar. (Been known to raid the jar at midnight, like now, when everyone else is sleeping and I have a major craving. lol) I have risen to eating it only on healthy whole-wheat bread, though. And I can eat it at 8 and not be hungry til noon and/or eat it at 10 a.m. and can go til 2-3:00 for lunch. If I try to go "fat-free," and eat cereal, I'm hungry in an hour.

My usual breakfast is PB on whole wheat with half a banana if have one on hand and a small glass of OJ. I'm trying to quit drinking my calories, though.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I spread peanut butter on a rice cake and then top it with fresh fruit like blueberries or sliced banana. Great for breakfast!
    Peanut butter and honey is one of my favorite food combinations! I love peanut butter and honey on a waffle or toast! My grandma used to make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and honey is one of my favorite food combinations! I love peanut butter and honey on a waffle or toast! My grandma used to make me peanut butter and honey sandwiches!

That is my 5yo's fav!! She loves her PB & honey sandwiches. I made her one for lunch at school almost every day this year! :laugh: She also loves PB & honey on pancakes or waffles. Much better option than syrup!! :huh:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Well your 5 year old has very good taste!
    Yep, peanut butter and honey on a waffle is far superior to syrup...in my opinion anyway! :tongue:
    Never tried it on a pancake. I like cream cheese and strawberry jam on my pancakes. But that's a whole other subject! :laugh:
    Mmmmm...now I'm hungry!

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well your 5 year old has very good taste!
    Yep, peanut butter and honey on a waffle is far superior to syrup...in my opinion anyway! :tongue:
    Never tried it on a pancake. I like cream cheese and strawberry jam on my pancakes. But that's a whole other subject! :laugh:
    Mmmmm...now I'm hungry!

I'll make sure to tell her. :bigsmile: Oh my gosh, my Mom used to make cream cheese & jelly sandwiches for me as a kid!!! Yum!!
  • dbenson48
    dbenson48 Posts: 43
    Options
    I LOVE IT ON GRAHM CRACKERS, OR APPLE SLICES! lOST ANOTHER POUND AND LOVIN IT!
  • brandnewsummerb
    Options
    LOL peanut butter helped make me fat, I went through a jar of it within two days each week! But man...I'll never give it up. Never never never!!! I'm relearning how to eat in moderation now =)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    For some odd reason, I forgot or was too busy to eat much today, so I splurged tonight and ate vanilla wafers with peanut butter and cream cheese frosting. I think I'm in heaven!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I bought some almond butter but it is not the same! I'm going back to my peanut butter :tongue:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I had a PBJ for lunch today, and I swear I am ready to reach for that jar again after reading this thread! Hmmm, wonder how pb and hummus would go together? :laugh:
  • arashton
    arashton Posts: 15
    Options
    I love PB --any kind-- on top of my banana... and if I have some good local honey around, a drop or two with each bite =)

BTW I heard that God serves this in Heaven ! ! !
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I bought some almond butter but it is not the same! I'm going back to my peanut butter :tongue:

I love almond butter too!! Yum!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had pb&j for lunch today!! :love:

The Trader Joes roasted flax pb and the Trader Joe's strawberry preserves!!

DELICIOUS!!!! :heart: :heart:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Eating a bedtime snack right now - one slice Earthgrains 7 grain bread, a little butter, and my new PB&J Bee's Knees peanut butter. MMM!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I see your "MMMMMMMMM!!! " and raise you 5 "MMMMMMMMM!!! 's"
    You just rock!! I have to say!! Excellent taste in spreads!! :wink: :laugh:

How do you like yours? On a sandwich? Celery? Sliced Apple? Cracker? Directly out of the jar on a spoon??

Or all of the above? :tongue: :glasses:

I love my peanut butter!! I love it on toast, right out of the jar, on a sandwich, apple, you name it. When I was a bad girl I used to get a tub of Betty Crocker milk chocolate frosting and a jar of Jiff and sit in front of the TV eating alternate spoonfuls. Ahhhh, the good ole days. LOL :bigsmile:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I need some peanut butter soon!! :glasses:

I make my son a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day for his sack lunch. I just got done making his lunch and I didn't dare even lick the knife.

The writing's on the wall after that. You'd find me in the corner passed out, fat and happy, in a peanut butter spun stuper, with a spoon and an empty jar of Jiff. Peanut butter on my nose from trying to lick the jar clean. LMAO
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Chunky PB + grape jelly+ toasted bagel = MMMMM!!!! :love:

Makes me want to make a trip to the fridge right now. Too bad it's midnight. :grumble: A big NO-NO! Ah well, sleep - here I come. :yawn:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i love it with apples:tongue:
  • lovinlife581
    lovinlife581 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Been indulging in PB and sliced banana on wholewheat toast lately - MMMMMMMMMMM! But I can't do it often. But it's sooooooooo good! Also love PB on graham crackers then dip it all in milk. OH, baby!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You guys & the peer pressure!
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    This morning PB redeemed that Ezekial cinnamon raisin toast!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: