Real Live friends as MFP friends...

Options

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I am friends with Don Cornelius.
    In REAL LIFE???
    Yes. And on here. We are currently planning a cruise to celebrate our weight loss.
    An Italian cruise?

MILF and I changed it to a Hawaiian vacation. It was too risky with the cruise ships, drug cartels and Somalian pirates.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm the same person wherever I go. So, I take all friends who can take me...wherever I find them. If I find out they don't rock, I can always delete them.

Always. I just send a cruise link, and people *disappear *.

Luckily, people typically tend to rock most of the time.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Always. I just send a cruise link, and people *disappear *.
    Nicely done.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband is on here with me and so is my Best friend. We keep each other accountable and even though my husband doesn't go in the forums (and I rarely do) he uses my diary to help him fill his stuff in..haha so he doesn't have to look it all up himself since we eat a lot of the same things and I am the main cook.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My supervisor started an account here -- but thankfully she's using it to only track food. If she was involved in the social aspect and sent me a FR I would need to decline, otherwise she would see how much of any given workday I spend on here! :laugh:

Scary!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I had about 4 real life friends as MFP friends at one point, but it's been over 3 months since any of them have logged in. My opinion is just to do what you're comfortable with. If you don't want real life friends knowing every detail of what you share here, either friend them and don't share everything or keep them off your MFP friend list.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options

You mean you WERE friends with Don Cornelius, I hate to break it to you but he died this morning. I read something about him clicking the wrong link.

That's what happens when you become trigger happy.
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. For some reason dieting and exercise seems to be something that I don't want to share every detail with my real life friends. Plus I don't want this to turn into a Facebook site
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my friends on here are my real friends. We all keep each other on track and accountable, which to me is invaluable. We also workout together whenever possible. I don't know what I would do without them.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I do. I think that it provides true accountability.
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My coworker is also the one that introduced me to MFP. Without her, I wouldn't be taking that step towards a healthier me. I always find it easier to have someone you know well go through it with you.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My friends hold me accountable! I have several "real life" friends on here and I can't imagine not having their support. I wouldn't really consider them friends if I couldn't share my ups and downs with them. We accept each other for who we are. Skinny/fat, white/black, etc... They would not be my friends if it were not that way!
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do this with my co workers although a few of them and I are not friends on here, but we still talk about it and keep each other on track. I am also friends with people I do know in real life and it isn't seen as an issue. If anything, I think it helps me out because they see me almost every day and see what I'm eating so it keeps me on my toes :)
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have about 5 or 6 real life friends on MFP. Helps me remain extra accountable. Being accountable to people I see on a regular basis is an extra motivator for me.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have two of my best friends on here...I think its great! We all live quite far away from each other so call each other up to see how we are doing with our weight loss...this just gives another level to that! And I dont mind them seeing anything I say as I'd say the same in person anyway...if you feel uncomfortable don't accept them but i personally think it helps me! :)
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That RL friend could be your newest and best supporter. I say be the same with her as you are with everyone else here and you may be surprised.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a hand full of real life friends as MFP friends. We mostly use it as a way to give each other encouragement and nudges if needed.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I pretty much use MFP to bag on people I hate and to generally talk smack, so that really wouldn't work for me.

I actually could give a damn about losing weight... I needed somewhere to rant and I'm too lazy to start a Facebook page.

Just kidding. I care about losing weight.

OK, not really. But I was kidding about not having a Facebook page. But I only use that to stalk chicks from high school.

I'm confused
    Have a friend read it to you slowly.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    G*^damn, that's funny.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. It is completely different then posting something to FB. It's just like your own private get away.