What counts as water?

Options

Replies

• DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How can juice not count? I measure out my water then add juice... that definitely counts.

I don't think milk counts though, but I think tea and coffee do, you're adding water to it so why not?
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.

Same here

Same
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I only count water....as water
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to not be much of a water drinker either. Now I LOVE ice water with fresh cut lemons in it. I pick up a large one at Sonic every morning. Nothing but fresh lemon to flavor it and I refill it all day. Now, all I drink is water except for a cup or two of coffee in the morning.

not trying to be rude, but why do you pick one up at sonic instead of just making your own?
  • inasopp
    Options
    water is the best! remember that water cleans your system so its the best without those nasty chemicals and caffeine. And Carbonic acid is reeeaaally bad for you teeth
  • Heygrits
    Options
    I see her point. Crystal Light was water before dumping the stuff in.
    Sounds like water to me.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was told by my chiropractor that you could not count water enhanced with things such as crystal light due to the preservatives. He said you can only count straight water as water. Even coffee and tea did not count.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water. Although many other drinks have water in them, "the 8 cups a day" saying isn't for "water based" drinks. It's strictly water. Try adding a lemon or a lime to your water for a bit of flavor if needed.
    it's actually a recommendation for fluids. Not water at all and it includes the water content of food.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Why is it hard to drink regular water?
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I drink flavored sparkling water and I count that as water. I don't think anything with caffeine or salt or other crap in it are supposed to count because the whole idea of drinking water is to drink healthy and to leave out the crap.

Although, every drink has mostly water in it. So if it's just about getting the hydration, anything will do, but to drink healthy, only water or other healthy drinks will do.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Let's check with the experts at the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
    Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I was told by my chiropractor that you could not count water enhanced with things such as crystal light due to the preservatives. He said you can only count straight water as water. Even coffee and tea did not count.
    Your body 'counts' it. How does flavoring water suddenly make water not water? Your body certainly still sees the fluid as hydrating.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I believe that what you choose to count is your business. I prefer to keep things simple and count my water intake as exactly that, water intake. I DESPISE water, so I think it’s cheating when I add additives to make me drink it, although the MIO is pretty tasty!!!!

I just have to be a stickler myself because since I know that my water intake leaves a little to be desired.
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    I count crystal light and iced tea... it keeps me hydrated & its no calories
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Everything , unless it is dehydrated contains water , so ...... everything
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Oh yeah sure, because chiropractors are real doctors and everything....

Blondemoment.jpg
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Quick question, couldn't find anything related easily when I searched. My coworker and I were discussing how much water we drink the other day and I was telling her it was hard for me to just drink regular water, so I use Crystal light and tea. She responded that these things don't count as going toward your 8 glasses daily and only strictly water does! What do you guys think??

Personally if it starts out as water and it doesn't have caffeine, I count it. I count, water, decaf tea or decaf coffee, water with zero cal flavoring (crystal light). As for milk, pop, juice, caffeinated beverages... no they aren't counted in my world. The majority of my water consumption is plain ol' ice water.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Everything , unless it is dehydrated contains water , so ...... everything

HA! I was going to same thing.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm a "water only as water" person
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Oh yeah sure, because chiropractors are real doctors and everything....

Blondemoment.jpg

^HAHA

Fluids are fluids. Yes some have a diuretic effect but it's not equivalent to the amount of fluid you're consuming.