What was the best thing about being a teenager in the 80's

Options

Replies

• prbyjennyd
    prbyjennyd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Aquanet and hair metal! lol...I loved it!

this!!!
  • pkeeperpdx
    Options
    bandanas tied around your leg when you were wearing jeans with holes in the knees

go def leopard
  • pkeeperpdx
    Options
    no kidding.. that thing was huge!
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In the 80's, we went to concerts all summer long. The tickets were cheap and the bands were not over produced.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    gunsnrosesappetitefordestructionalbumcover.jpg?w=640
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hair metal, mini skirts, concert tshirts and cowboy boots! LOVED THE 80's

^ this!

And of not to forget my big hair!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Big Hair...I have very thick hair and I could "blow and go" instead of spending forever now with a flat iron.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My Datsun 200b (I could drive, freedom!), being old enough to drink (cask wine mixed with orange juice - why?), the music - I still love it.
    I'm not so sure that the pastel track pants (that I wore in public!) were a real highlight though....
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    In the 80's, we went to concerts all summer long. The tickets were cheap and the bands were not over produced.

Oh yes... Living in northern California was awesome for the concert circuit!
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    Big Hair...I have very thick hair and I could "blow and go" instead of spending forever now with a flat iron.

Oh I think we all need to share some awesome big hair pics
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Big hair and aqua net extra super hold hair spray, perms, rock ballads, t-top cars, guess jeans, coca cola shirts, jelly bracelets, hair scrunchies, long sweaters or shirts with leggings and a belt, blue eye shadow, Levi denim jackets......sigh........I SOOOO miss the 80's!
  • prbyjennyd
    Options
    First Love, First Time, Lots of firsts!! LIfe was sweet, I can still smell that girls perfume!!

This, but can still smell the "Polo" on the hot guys!!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Journey
    Foreigner
    Don Johnson
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    the BEST movies.

These!
    51uo-WkJLZL._SX500_.jpg
    51W7G1J0DSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    220px-Die_hard.jpg
    t1-p-tm.jpg?w=261&h=350
    Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High.jpg
    widget_d8YktBeSLeR5i8oInvD25v.jpg
    Aliens-movie-poster.jpg

...and here you go, ladies!
    A70-1758
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great topic and fun to read about the memories.

For me it was about the music, being free, somewhat rebellious. Went to Europe for the first time in 1980 and had an AMAZING time at the discos! Can't remember the songs. . .

Back in the USA I enjoyed The Cars and The Police. Duran Duran was great, too.

I didn't spike the hair but enjoyed the high heels (always and still do) and skits with long slits up the sides and/or back. Red lips were in for a while. Red leather purse. Red nails.

Bought my first 1978 Toyota Celica stick. Party car.

Sigh.
  • maryejackson
    Options
    MTV first appeared in the 80's and we would sit around and watch all day! We couldn't believe we could actually see our fav bands!
  • prbyjennyd
    Options
    I love this thread... I ruled the school, loved "Grease" and "Jaws". I rolled my pants, used Aquanet, rocked a HUGE perm, was sure Michael Jackson and I would get married, and was pretty sure that I "was" Madonna, lol!!!

I would also skip school with my fellow Pom pom gals and visit 7-11 to buy a "Slurpee" with a fifth of Bacardi and mix the two!! Back then, they did not check I.D.'s. Let's not forget about 2-liter wine coolers, lol, I am pretty sure that the 80's were the best decade EVER!!!!!!!!!! Loved the neon clothes, jelly shoes, slap bracelets, MTV, soft rock, Debbie Gibson and Tiffany!!! I could go on and on, but will stop for now...
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    My 78 Camaro!!

Nice! Mine was a 77 Trans Am.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Pegging my jeans, Def Leppard, Van Halen, concerts, concerts and more concerts.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options