Just when I thought Skinny Cow couldn't be any better...

Options

Replies

• daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    so do you feel the same way 'bout peanut butter, Dave? Let's talk about something other than Skinny Cow. LOL:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    so do you feel the same way 'bout peanut butter, Dave? Let's talk about something other than Skinny Cow. LOL:laugh:

HA

I love peanut butter,,,,LOVE IT.....peanuts and salt....thats it

I do use some that has flax seed in it...yummy

did you know skippy and JIF...the big two....have tons of added sugar and skippy has hydronated oil for crying out loud!!!
    that should be illegal to ruin peanut butter like that

Laura Scudder real peanut butter rules in this house
    (and Trader Joe;s brand with the flax is great)
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    what's your thoughts on yogurt?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

love me some yogurt too!!!!

I use fage greek style usually...costs a bit more...but much cleaner as far as sugar...and I mix chocolate protein powder in it...its like a chocolate mousse pudding...delicious

I like Dannon Lite n Fit Vanilla yogurt on occasiion..not too often ...not the cleanest...has a sweetener in it...but it is way yummy
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    just posting so it is in my top 25 so i can read it tomorow as i am off to bed, looks to be very interesting reading!!
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I agree with Dave - I enjoy food but cook my own food - I use sugar, butter, cream, etc., but in moderation rather than anything "fake" - I always buy good basic food and use a few ingrediants, and you will have a great meal. I don't consider my eating "clean" - I still have wine and enjoy a pizza on occasion - just common sense. Less is more :glasses:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

I use fage greek style usually...costs a bit more...but much cleaner as far as sugar...and I mix chocolate protein powder in it...its like a chocolate mousse pudding...delicious

I like Dannon Lite n Fit Vanilla yogurt on occasiion..not too often ...not the cleanest...has a sweetener in it...but it is way yummy

Fage greek yogurt... oh be still my heart. :love: It's AMAZING. :love: Wish I had some right now... :smooched: But rather than dannon light and fit, I would try yoplait yoPlus... much cleaner, and still delicious, easy to grab quickly, and low in calories. :smile:
  • maladie
    maladie Posts: 12
    Options

./agree
    Dannon Light and Fit is yummy! On the note of protien powders, I've found mixing isopure with some frozen mixed fruit (strawberries/bananas), and maybe a little skim milk is absolutely delicious! As far as people being 'strict', or 'extreme', it's probably true for everyone in some way shape or form. Many of us have found what works best for us, and amazingly since we all ahve different bodies it's not the same as what works best for the next person! My low fat vegetarian diet is pretty out there for most ppl >.< Occasionally you do find something that someone else's diet has that works great for you too, and that's where the help in sharing these things comes into play ;) Just my 2c!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wish there was an "agree" button for the posts because I love it when Dave posts about real food. A lot of what he tells us I had figured out before I got on here, but one of my biggest food "sins" was the Whips Yogurt by Yoplait. Loved the portion size, the ease of packing it to take to work, etc, until I realized that it had HFCS in it and doesn't have the probiotic stuff yogurt should have. What a waste!

Now I eat no fat Fage Greek Yogurt, put my own fruit and nuts in it, and I feel so much better without the additives, etc.

Since I've gone to cleaner eating, and eating more whole foods, I've lost weight faster and I've felt better doing it. It really does work better than eating a lot of food that has been altered as a marketing ploy to trick you into thinking you're being healthy.

Real food feeds the body and gives you energy to exercise so you can build lean muscle and become healthier. It works! :happy:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I think you hit a raw nerve with people Dave, they don't like it. or your "verbage" that one just about about made me choke on my green tea. Keep telling it like it is, and people can take from it what they want, point is you are honest and not pushy...people don't like the truth...oh well! It's only info people, Dave's not showing up anytime soon to your homes to throw out your skinny cow...:laugh:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    hey Mr. Dave, what kind of chocolate protein powder can you recommend and where do I buy it? I love fage yogurt.

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My daughter got me a yogurt maker for my birthday. I am still experimenting to find the right recipe.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just think people would be more receptive to Dave's often-on-the-money advice if he didn't use such an abrasive tone. People are trying, or they wouldn't be on this site. God didn't bless everyone with the same willpower, because if he did, there wouldn't be anyone on the planet "trying" to quit smoking... I think it's the same thing for eating. Just my two cents.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Oh now that sounds good! I'll have to try that. I am totally enjoying this thread, wasn't planning on commenting but you got me with the chocolate mousse pudding...I think I need to get to the grocery store! Thanks Dave! :flowerforyou:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Since I've gone to cleaner eating, and eating more whole foods, I've lost weight faster and I've felt better doing it. It really does work better than eating a lot of food that has been altered as a marketing ploy to trick you into thinking you're being healthy.

I really like fasting as well, the marketers absolutely HATE that! There is just nothing on the market that help you fast better. As my stomach grumbles it gives me some sort of sadistic pleasure that NO ONE is making a dime off me!
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    bump for later, great thread BTW
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    hey Mr. Dave, what kind of chocolate protein powder can you recommend and where do I buy it? I love fage yogurt.

I use whey protein powder...I avoid Soy protein powder and avoid all soy as much as I can...soy is being used everywhere in everything these days and it ticks me off...soy is not for men and I would tell my sis not to use it......nothing solid as to reasons women shouldnt use it but for men...soy has phytoestrogens and they can interfere with testosterone so....no way

for the chocolate protein powder for the fage...also for chocolate shakes and such I use MRM Whey
    you can check their site for stores near you http://www.mrm-usa.com/v2/index.php

I also get whey protein powder at costco...it isnt bad and relatively inexpensive

I avoid GNC...they are too overpriced for everything they sell......you can get GNC stuff at most Walgreens now...at least near me...but check out MRM...it is tasty
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I just think people would be more receptive to Dave's often-on-the-money advice if he didn't use such an abrasive tone. People are trying, or they wouldn't be on this site. God didn't bless everyone with the same willpower, because if he did, there wouldn't be anyone on the planet "trying" to quit smoking... I think it's the same thing for eating. Just my two cents.

I don't find him abrasive, I find him intelligent. He doesn't insult, lecture or degrade anyone. Quite frankly he can post the list of ingredients of a can of alphaghetti exactly as it is on a can, and surely someone will post telling him that he's a bummer, and if they wanna eat alphaghetti's they can,and why does he need to ruin it for others, it's ridiculous, all he is doing is adding his opinion. I find him refreshing on a board where too much coddling happens, of course that's my opinion. I'm sick and tired of the Dave bashing and people telling a grown man...a total stranger, how he should behave in a public forum...just my two cents:explode:
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I don't find him abrasive, I find him intelligent. He doesn't insult, lecture or degrade anyone. Quite frankly he can post the list of ingredients of a can of alphaghetti exactly as it is on a can, and surely someone will post telling him that he's a bummer, and if they wanna eat alphaghetti's they can,and why does he need to ruin it for others, it's ridiculous, all he is doing is adding his opinion. I find him refreshing on a board where too much coddling happens, of course that's my opinion. I'm sick and tired of the Dave bashing and people telling a grown man...a total stranger, how he should behave in a public forum...just my two cents:explode:

Amen. :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I just have to say...Dave...I took your advice.

I was at the grocery store and decided to buy natural almond butter. The only ingredient is almonds. That's it. I tasted it as soon as I got home, and it is delicious, plus, you don't need to use as much at all b/c there's nothing else in there taking away the flavor. I don't think I'd even use a full serving on a sandwich.

It is expensive, but if I'm not using as much, it won't go as fast, and I won't have to buy it as often.

I don't know how often I'll be able to afford it or other natural things, but I AM making an effort to do so, and I think that it is worth it, when it's possible financially for me to do.

I don't think Dave's advice is bad at all. Eating clean is ideal. For many people, it's just unrealistic for different reasons. So they take Dave's advice to heart because they sit there thinking, there's no way I can do that! They are HIGH standards.

So I do what I can, when I can.

I just wanted to admit how good the natural almond butter is. :smile: