Men, how do you feel when you see women in the

Options

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My weight room at my gym is so tiny, so usually I cant get in there if other blokes are. And I feel totally nervous!! But thinking about it, I dont know why???? Maybe because I can only lift about 10kg as Im much stronger lower half than upper, and I dont want to be laughed at/have a snide comment etc. But after reading what you guys have posted on here, maybe I should do!!
  • jdw617
    jdw617 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am glad they are there fighting the same battle for fitness as I
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was really nervous about it the first time, because I wasn't sure how to begin or what to do. I took one hour with a trainer and he went through some basics with the free-weights (he doesn't really like machines...) so I was able to at least get started and not feel like a complete dork!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am happy that women do not go into the weight room. I love being alone with the guys....I really do not like to share
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would love to try out the weight room in my gym, but it's always occupied by these big muscled men and honestly too scared to ask them a question. We do have a women only part in our gym that I use, but the equipment is not the same as in the weight room.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well most of the time in my gym, I'm the only woman in the free weights area & many times I get weird looks from guys & even from trainers. One trainer was surprised when he saw me deadlifting with heavy barbells & one guy saw me doing bench press & talked to me with a quite doubt if I can lift that heavy & couldn't believe that I can lift until he saw it with his own two eyes. But I don't care, I'm there to workout & not to impress anyone.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Love the guys that support women in the gym. Thank you for understanding that while you love reaping the benefits of a hot bod - it is a actually a result of hard work.

Hate the guys that act like they own the weight room - sorry boys

I work out in a base full of Marines, and I have no problems pushing them out of the way to grab my bad *kitten* 10lbs'ers :tongue:
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm the only girl in my weights area and i always wonder what they think. I hope they're not thinking oh het out the way! I'm lifting heavy and i'd like to think i belong there just as much as they do!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I love seeing women in the weight,it makes me work harder I know that,plus some of them look incredible.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love seeing women in the weight,it makes me work harder -

lol I love when guys all of the sudden straighten up and assume perfect poses when we walk by. Makes me wanna go there and pat them on the head! "so cute!" *swoon*

but is not a bad thing, us girls do the exact same thing!!!! :drinker:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Who gives a ****? Women and men have muscles and need to be worked out. This is 2012, anyone who thinks anything about gender in the weight room needs to re-think.

While I am in a pissed off mood, let me say that the whole "new rules" for women is insulting, I am the athletics director for a lot of women athletes and they train and always have as much as men.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    As a guy I always enjoy seeing girls anywhere. Especially in the gym!

However, usually to busy focusing on my workout to do anything aside for cast a quick glance.

Also, the age of the girls I see in the gym is so low that if I had any interest at all it would be creepy!
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can never really get into the weight room anyway because of the amount of sted heads that are already in there. But if women do use it, then fair play to them! I'm too busy on the treadmill watching Burn Notice on my iPhone to notice, lol!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I think it's great, as long as she re-racks the weights...lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Who gives a ****? Women and men have muscles and need to be worked out. This is 2012, anyone who thinks anything about gender in the weight room needs to re-think.

While I am in a pissed off mood, let me say that the whole "new rules" for women is insulting, I am the athletics director for a lot of women athletes and they train and always have as much as men.

That's true. Unfortunately the media is so powerful in brainwashing people especially those that sells those stupid shake weights or other fitness gadgets that people follow them & no amount of our convincing powers would do wonders for them until they actually try it.
  • estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I support them all. Anything to encourage a healthy and fit lifestylye. Thats why were are doing this?
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    happy for them.................
    the majority of people severely under-estimate the value of strength training in weight loss, and focus on spending way too much time on the hamster wheel.

when you build muscle, you burn more calories doing EVERYTHING, walking, eating, sleeping

Take if from someone who only lifts, 3 times a week for 45 min............ditch the hamster wheel and pick up something heavy
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you don't know where to go or how to use something, ask a guy! They're always happy to help us out lol (whether we ask or not) :) Plus, I've gotten a lot of tips on how to use machines to the best of my advantage from them. So don't be intimidated! They're probably impressed you want their opinion
  • tampascott22
    Options
    Well, considering that I work out with my wife, I feel pretty good when I see a woman in the weight room.

In all honesty, I don't understand the question. How do I feel when I see a woman in the weight room? I wasn't aware that there was some unspoken code about women in the weight room. If I see a woman in the weight room I guess I just think the same thing about any guy I would see in the weight room: "They want to get in shape."
  • judgejava
    Options
    I go to the gym to train, i dont care who is in there