What do you buy men for valentines?

Options

Replies

• tataliciousd89
    Options
    nothing, never buy them anything. just get undressed. thanks.
    I love being a girl sometimes.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Men are simple.

There's only one thing they really want for Valentines.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Besides the obvious, of course.

If you want to get a gift, video games, dress shirts, proper shaving kit, dinner, leather wallet, watch, dress shoes, cigars, nice bottle of favorite liquor.

There's lots of options, and that's not even getting into stuff that's more personalized like sports stuff, tools, jewelry, hobby stuff, etc.

Also www.steakandbjday.com/ (NSFW obviously)
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We don't celebrate Valentines day....We've been married over 12 years, and don't feel to need to pay triple for something on one day when we love eachother every day.

Agreed! Valentines day has become just another overly commercialized, overly priced retail day. My wife and I love each other everyday and show that love everyday.
  • lucybell333
    Options
    Last year I took him away for a romantic weekend away without the children! Unfortunately, I'm a bit broke this year, so have bought:

1) Some heart haribos in a gorgeous Alessi treat jar
    2) Heart-shaped flying chinese lanterns
    3) Heart-shaped sparklers

I've also promised him a bit of a break from what he considers the rather harsh eating regime, and promised some fillet steak and wine!! :drinker:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I usually go with cookies........... or Taco Bell. keepin it classy.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Beer. Yupp
  • texancountess
    Options
    My husband and I don't really do Valentine's Day. The first year we were together for it, we'd only been dating for 2.5 months so he flew in to see me and took me to a really nice dinner. I went and had an old-time portrait done of me in a saloon dress and put it in a nice frame. Since we were long distance at the time and he loved that. By the next year we were married and living in another country. 17 Feb is our "halfiversary" and since he's military and we celebrated that by going to a new restaurant and ordering a three course meal together. This year we'll be moving to yet a new country, though we're hoping to squeeze in a ski trip on that weekend.

All that to say, he doesn't really like gifts in general. And when we want to give each other something we don't wait for a magic day to do it. I got my birthday gift 2 weeks early, he got his 6 weeks early, etc.

Since your boyfriend is being so picky, have you thought of just asking him what he wants?
  • melzie32
    Options
    We usually do dinner together. This year since we are both losing weight together we agreed on no candy. Instead we said gift cards like Subway (for lunches) or I tunes card so I can get some more music to work out too.. Things like that. I always get him a card and really its just about spending some time together and showing that you care.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Since all the restaurants in our area are usually packed I will cook him a nice dinner and have a bottle of wine......then get naked!

One year I sent him a candy bouquet from a local shop, he really liked it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't expect anything, but do appreciate small gifts even just for the sentiment. Doesn't matter what it is really. Besides that, the obvious is very much appreciated and enjoyed :D
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    New UFC game and I'm doing cheese and chocolate fondue for dinner at home this year. Most years it's cards and small box of chocolates, I just know he REALLY wants this game and it comes out on Feb 14.

I like to see that others think like we do. We spend all year showing ways we love each other, I don't need the marketing machine to tell me when and what to buy for my sweetheart. Besides after Christmas, annivesary in Jan (which we do cards and dinner), it starts to get a bit much on the bank account!

I have friends that if their husband doesn't do the whole expensive dinner, exotic chocolates, surprise weekend trip thing, it would be divorce!!! Makes me sad for them.
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best gift is to make things easy, good mood and smiles are even beter than an Iphone :flowerforyou:
    In essence, the gift for me is the evening together
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You don't have to buy a man anything. Just be naked and give him some extra funtime between the sheets.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    All I want for St Valentine's Day is a card and a kiss :heart:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Here's what I plan to do....

We have spare sets of keys to each other's vehicles. I am going to his work while he is working and put some sappy Valentine stuff in it along with a note. The point is the surprise not really the actual stuff. I even found some sappy stuff online I can craft together. I plan to have my kids put their thumbprints on a homemade constructed card and have it say, "Four Thumbodies Love You." Silly and sappy but something that says we thought about you ahead of time.

Then I am going to suggest we go glass bottom boating. It is something he has casually mentioned several times over the past past month (or maybe not as casually as I think...who knows) followed by a new restaurant in the area. I'm not going to plan that one out ahead of time. The place where the boat is at is in a town we are unfamiliar with so any new place will do. It's date night without the kids doing something he has mentioned.

My kids are actually now old enough to finally have one of them babysit. Valentine's Day means EVERY PARENT wants to be out so I really never have one. It'll be a nice year. Most of the time we just exchange something at home and wait until our anniversary the next month.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    steak and a blow job.

easy peasy.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    sexytime
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You could give me a paperclip... as long as your nekked when your doing it.. I'm perfectly happy!!!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Beej.