30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another 30DS thread, but maybe that's not so active any more. So, am repeating it: Just started the 30DS and I thought, how bad can it be for 20 mins after doing gym/treadmill for days. Omigosh - it was a killer! So much for my hubris

Had a question for the other shredders - is it okay to do so many jumping jacks with a knee that used to give me trouble? or should I try some modification. she doesn't give any flexibility there

Also - what weight should the dumbell be? the lightest one at home was 3 kg (6.6 lb each) and it felt like slabs of concrete after 10 raises during squats.

Usually beginners use 1-2lb weights then gradually increase. if you cant do all the reps with good form the weight is too much. I dont know about your knee...ask your doctor...
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another 30DS thread, but maybe that's not so active any more. So, am repeating it: Just started the 30DS and I thought, how bad can it be for 20 mins after doing gym/treadmill for days. Omigosh - it was a killer! So much for my hubris

Had a question for the other shredders - is it okay to do so many jumping jacks with a knee that used to give me trouble? or should I try some modification. she doesn't give any flexibility there

Also - what weight should the dumbell be? the lightest one at home was 3 kg (6.6 lb each) and it felt like slabs of concrete after 10 raises during squats.

Try doing the jumping jacks but not as far out. If that makes any sense. If you have any meniscus problems, don't do the knee circles in the warm up!!
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    well ladies, I missed one day on wednesday. I was going to do 2 today to stay on track but decided that missing one day wasnt a big deal. Day 10 of level 1 tomorrow. That means on saturday I'll be starting level 2! Ahh a little scared about it...
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm on D4L1 and I'm still in really bad pain. Mainly my thighs. It hurts to sit, stand, walk....everything lol.

The only thing that helps with the pain is actually doing the work out. Then I get a few minutes blissful relief.

I find the push ups impossible, everything else ok. Don't even talk to me about level 2 yet....I'm scared :wink:

me too ..... I found it impossible to walk up stairs after day 2 !! Getting a bit easier now although will see how it is in the morn. I am on level 1 day 4.

I too cannot do the push ups at all. I now just kneel and do them. I can only manage 2 even following Anita !!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I bought it and started it last week but have to start all over because I got sick. Ill start tomorrow as well!
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    it's a dvd by jillian michaels. you can find it at target or walmart... our library even had it!
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    I'm in! I'll srart tomorrow too! Add me as a friend if u all want. I'm excited about this!!!
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, maleva720 and dancerchickch - the contained jumping jack sounds a good plot. and oh yeah, the knee circles didn't hurt but i could feel my knee cap or whatever creaking. did not feel nice!
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I woke up during the nigh to move over and was SO sore. I started getting sore a few hours after doing it today! It is for sure a work out. For something so small I can feel a huge impact. I can't wait to see the results! Might I add that I didn't use any weights either! I may end up sticking to just level one. That alone does so much for me.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've got a running blog about it... I'm only on Day 2, Level 1 - just getting going! I'm using 30DS in between workouts with personal trainer and planning a day off to rest my thighs. Stupid lunges ;)

11842605.png
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Do any of you use an HRM and if so, what kind of numbers do you get?
    I was using MFP's "Circuit Training, General" for 20 minutes which estimates 350 or 390 cals burned.
    My HRM said 140 tonight, which seemed AWFULLY low for as hard as I was breathing and sweating!

Just curious what you all are seeing?
  • maleva720
    Options
    Do any of you use an HRM and if so, what kind of numbers do you get?
    I was using MFP's "Circuit Training, General" for 20 minutes which estimates 350 or 390 cals burned.
    My HRM said 140 tonight, which seemed AWFULLY low for as hard as I was breathing and sweating!

Just curious what you all are seeing?

I dont have a HRM (I wish) but I entered it in as 12 minutes cardio and 8 min strength training and it guesstimated 133 cals. I thought that was probably close.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My HRM usually says around 150, so yeah, it isn't a big calorie burner, but it's a pretty short workout.
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level1 Day 7. Some parts are still a challenge but I'm getting bored. I'm so ready for level 2!
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    Completed level 1 today!! Excited to start level 2 tomorrow! Anyone else starting level 2 as well??
  • maleva720
    Options
    did day 2 level 1...ouch my arms hurt and I am only using 1lb weights...what a wimp :laugh:
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have being doing the 30ds and I have 2 days left until its complete. I have done it 30 dasys straight with no breaks. The DVD is harder than some think, but I pushed myself. I have only weighed once since I started and lost 6.6 lbs in 2 wks. I know that I have lost inches, because my clothes are getting loose. I plan on posting my final results this weekend.

Good luck on your journey and remember to stay strong and listen to your body.
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I am hitting my 10th day today for level 1 and will be moving up to level 2 on Saturday. For some reason those dang jumps jacks and jump rope are still killing me. The push ups are still a struggle but I did 24 out of the 37-38 they do.

How is everyone doing on your 30 day?
  • rmc_mccready
    Options
    I ordered 30DS yesterday off of Amazon. Reading all of your posts has me excited to start it. Can't wait for it to arrive. I haven't been a regular exerciser, but I have lost about 35 pounds in the past 6-8 months. I want to incorporate more exercise into my life and I also want to be stronger and look more toned. I've been stalled here on this plateau and I'm hoping doing the 30DS will help me lose my last 5-7 pounds and get me the body I want to have. I'm no stranger to hard workouts, because I've done some of the P90X ones, so I hope I can hang with Jillian! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • carisle
    carisle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of Level 1. Going to try Level 2 next week! A little nervous about it! But I look forward to seeing my progress and ability increase! It's good to know others are working through the 30DS too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!