June "No Late Night Snacking Challenge"

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Samantha :flowerforyou: (aka bohlon15, aka Samanta :laugh: ) - always a good time to join :wink: . And never too late if you do it now :wink: .

Esther & Zaza, thank you for the moral support. Then a good night it was :smile: (I came home earlier actually, and was even a bit hungry as I went to bed).
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: i did good lastnight:bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    13 down for me. :bigsmile:
    Esther
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    one night down, working on #2.

I actually stopped eating at 7:30 last night. I had a almost 3 year old in my bed until we both fell asleep at 10:30pm. I don't think I'm going to get all my calories in by 9pm but I did have a big bowl of cookies and cream frozen yogurt and I think I maight have some popcorn later!

Sorry if I just made anyone really hungry! :laugh: :laugh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I was forced by the circumstances to first start with dinner at 9p.m. Yet, it was again not 2, but 3 hrs before I went to bed, so I guess it should count again? :glasses: Oh, and I had a 1hr walk after dinner - convinced now? :wink:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Well I blew it.:mad: We had company for dinner and I forgot about the challenge. After dessert. we were playing cards and I had choclate mints on the table and of course I was eating them as I was playing. It wasn't until my friends left at 10 pm that I realized what I had done. Oh well. :frown:
    I guess my record then is 13 consectuive nights. I'll have to start over tomorrow night.
    So, who are the frontrunners now?
    Wishing you all good luck. Don't make my mistake - do NOT forget the challenge!
    Zaza
  • kgrc
    kgrc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I blew it too.. I am cheer*mom and cheer chaperone for my daugher's cheer squad at cheer camp that started Thursday thru last night......I don't think I need to say more....I will start again tonight.. Go me!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    14 down (going to bed)....woohoo! This challenge has really, really, kept me in check. You all inspire me to do better. It helps that I've been out walking after dinner every night. I come home from my walks and don't even feel like eating, I feel so good. I am not really losing any weight right now but I'm feeling good and my clothes are starting to feel looser. So, hopefully I'm trading fat for muscle.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of the challenge.:glasses:
    I cheated a little last night. I moved my time from 7:30 to 8pm so I could have a snack. But, after my snack and after 8pm I didn't eat. So, I am counting this as a successful "no late night snacking day".

I did great this weekend. We went camping and had a campfire and smores every night and popcorn. They started the campfire after my cutoff time both nights(of course). And when they asked me if I wanted anything I replied, "nope, I'm fine". I just enjoyed the company and wow, I feel sooo good in the morning knowing that I didn't completely blow it the night before.

Rainman...you're a P90X'er !!! me too!! I did my 90 days from Dec. 08 - Feb 09. Love, love love the program and have switched it up and have kept it as my fitness routine. I understand completly your struggles with the diet. Just keep pushing play and trying to do your best every day.

Everyone - I love your posts and this challenge. It really has motivated me to eat much better.
    ta ta for now!
  • phatphanny
    phatphanny Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi all!!! Day 14 down..this challenge seems to be getting harder, not easier...not sure what that is all about. If this challenge carries over to next month I will have to change my cutoff time from 8 to 9 as Im up later, doing alot more...and really craving the "junk" food. I tell myself that if you REALLY want that particular item it will be there in the morning and I can eat it then. I have never picked up whatever it was in the morning to eat it, so I guess that is working so far. Zaza - you came along way and stretched out your consecutive days..AWESOME...dewdrop- great to see you sticking to your cutoff even though your schedule changes..its all about consistancy...Grammymax-hope you are still hanging in there..I need you in here to keep me going..:smile: Welcome to the newcomers!! fantastic challenge this is...enjoy your week everyone.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am here... finally life is slowing down.

I have not been snacking... I took my daughters dry erase board and stuck it to the fridge with the headline of Wanda and the other side says Snacks.
    So far I have 0 count 'em zero marks on the snack side even after camping and grad parties... So, 14 days are under the belt. Woo Hooo.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I was checking the boards at lunch and noticed this need a bump...

Last 2 nights I've been a good boy!!!

My kids got a box of CinnaBon rolls, and I watched them closely at about 1AM. I was wondering if they would attack just like peanut butter cups. I nudged the box, and they did not jump,attack, or anything! So, I left them sleeping and went to bed myself. Self Control... it was great.

Raymond
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was checking the boards at lunch and noticed this need a bump...

Last 2 nights I've been a good boy!!!

My kids got a box of CinnaBon rolls, and I watched them closely at about 1AM. I was wondering if they would attack just like peanut butter cups. I nudged the box, and they did not jump,attack, or anything! So, I left them sleeping and went to bed myself. Self Control... it was great.

Raymond

OMG You crack me up! My kids were eyeing those CinnaBon rolls at the store the other day also. I said "no way"! If I have those in the house I would hold them hostage by any means necessary; they would not survive the night. You were good to walk away from the box before it could pounce on you and take you down. Great job!!

BTW...........peanut butter cups are :devil:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Raymond: Good job. Glad you didn't get attacked!:laugh: :laugh: I'm with Carmen. I would have been way too tempted and fallen.

14 days down for me so far. We can do this!

Esther
  • leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks GrammyMax for the nice words. I accidentally clicked on the "report post" tab instead of reply so sorry if you get some weird email or something. I went back so hopefully it didn't do anything!

Well-I had a horrible week last week, my husband lost his grandfather, so I was all off schedule. So...that means I am getting on track BIG time starting today!! I know it is half way through the month, but I figure better late than never.
    Good job to everyone doing so well and to those that might fall off the wagon, but get right back on!!
    :happy:

204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • dewdrop
    Options
    leslier, better NOW than never. Never too late. Good luck and stay confident!

I survived 1/2 of June, yeay! :drinker: I can't believe I was part of this, considering that I'm traveling again. It's been a great experience so far, thanks everyone for being my companions in this journey :flowerforyou: :smooched: .
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I have done 14 nights straight and it looks like I'm going to make 15. I'm not counting mints as "snacking" but I probably should because I eat way too much of them!:blushing:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    dewdrop and fitgal... my hero's. :drinker: :drinker:

Raymond is rolling towards above average now! Onto 3 consecutive nights! Watch out, I just might make it a habit.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    6 nights of no late night snacking.
    Just know that I am going to post my results provides enough support for me to keep it up. I also like incrementing my number :blushing:

Instead of ordering Pizza last night for supper, we had a rotisserie chicken and Fruit and frozen mixed vegtables, then I kept busy all night cleaning and such.

Keeping busy doing other chores really helps one not even think of food...and...
    Having a healthy meal (instead of pizza/fast food)helps me not want crappy food (ie. sweets).

Great job everyone! Keep up the streak rainman.
    For those of you who have made 14 ++ days ....wonderful!!
  • Grammymax
    Options
    15 days behind me with no late snacking. I agree - it's knowing that I will need to fess up to all of you that helps keep me on track:happy:
    Thanks
    Esther