What was a your wake up call?!

Options

Replies

• philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Having a 450 lb. doctor telling me I needed to lose weight! LOL (I was 1/2 his size)
  • mikki629
    Options
  • BSWELSDawson
    BSWELSDawson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I took blood test and found out I had extremely high sugar level, I was on the verge of being diabetic and was told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight and lower my blood sugar to normal.
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    Looking in the mirror naked and not liking ANYTHING about me. Also feeling unattractive to my fiance -- which he says he finds me attractive but that's still in my head. ALSO having to buy a an XL tshirt and sometimes a label 1 or 2 at maurices......I don't like it....AND having to go try on wedding dresses.....
  • asml8d
    asml8d Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    being diagnosed diabetic... and having diabetic neuropathy explained to me. I never want that to happen!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I got a new refrigerator. I was looking at models online, and realized that I weigh more than most refrigerators. Seriously.
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well all through my teens and up until I had my first child at 22 I was in excellent shape.During those 9mon I put on close to 100lbs, although I have managed to lose some of the weight I still have about 40lbs I wanna lose. I hate to see myself in pictures so I never take them and after losing my dad in november 2011 to heart disease. I Cherish every picture we have of him. I want to feel good enough about myself to take pictures so my kids will have them to look back on one day. plus I wanna be around for my family as long as possible because my dad was only 66yrs young. I would have loved to have atleast 10 more yrs with him..
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For me it was when my "fat" clothes started becoming uncomfortably tight.
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I crossed over to the plus side of my favorite stores......heck! some of my favorite stores don't even have a plus size dept.

I want to go back to the good side, plus looking at my last vacation pictures did not help....how deeply depressing. So, that was it for me. Thank goodness I'm healthy but I don't want to get to the : high blood pressure/high cholesterol or diabetes range. So I'm making the changes before I get there.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I refused to buy the next size up in jeans. Than I saw a picture of myself and I look so much bigger everywhere!

Same here; I refused to buy the next size up. Also, all my additional weight was going to my mid section and I found myself wearing a shawl, jacket or some other cover up to hide my stomach and muffin top! For the first time since before the holidays, I walked around the office all day today without a cover up!
  • nevcqd
    nevcqd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    muffin top, body parts being squeezed into bra and bra looking like its going to explode, i don't like myself overweight, i'm missing out on life
  • Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    I had gotten my weight stable for a couple years and then lost about 10lbs in a few months after I moved into my own place where I was making all the food decisions. Then I broke my ankle, badly, it took months to even walk normally again. I gained back that 10lbs plus an extra dose of fatigue and being more out of shape than I had been before the accident. Weighing myself for the first time in several months and seeing that I had gained back everything I'd lost was really frustrating and I knew I needed to get it under control again. Plus I'll be moving in with my boyfriend soon and he's been putting off getting in shape for months so I figured if I was doing it too he'd be more likely to actually do it.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For me it was the realization that I weighed nearly as much as my husband...and he's seven inches taller than me. Yikes.
  • Kizzle87
    Options
    Hitting the 300lb mark, even when I was 298 I could kid my self I was only in the 200's, 300's is just scary for me, and I'd love to have children but can't due to my weight.
  • Muirenn
    Options
    When my Dr suggested bypass to help me I decided that I was not going to be that woman. I could do this on my own. So I set out to do just that.
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pictures taken of me... that made me cry...
    I knew I had been neglecting myself, but those pics tipped the balance in my heart and head..
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1) I'd like to have kids soon... but I want to be healthy before I do that.
    2) My students see pictures of my sister and don't believe we are related. I don't like being the fat one in the family.
    3) To prove to myself that I can and I am worth it.

Oh yeah... and I don't like having to buy big bras!! Not cute.
  • nevcqd
    nevcqd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG!! i cover myself up with shawls, sweatshirt, jackets (and i'm burning up), loose fitting blouses all so i could cover the major pooch my to tight pants create
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1. Being 4'10 and weighing 178 my BMI was 37.2. That is Obesity class 2. A BMI of 40 is considered morbidly obese.

2. Having a cancer scare and knowing I needed to be healthy and around for a long time for my husband and my children so other changes were needed (see next)

3. Being pre-diabetic and having knee problems. I couldn't go halfway up our stairs in our house without hurting and being out of breath.

Down 42 pounds so far since January 2011 and would like to be 125. That would be a 26.12 BMI. Still overweight but I have a large frame so that's fine for me =)
  • Jzslim
    Jzslim Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    doc said diabetes and high cholesterol are back.I want off the meds